What's new

Six Flags Qiddiya| Saudi Arabia | Theme Park

CaliAngel

Roller Poster
having riden Formula Rossa...only have it ranked at #14 (with lots of love).

Pfff. Going straight from the world's fastest launch into trim-brakes has to be the most sac-religious thing I've ever seen on a roller coaster. There isn't much special about it after the launch, IMO, so good riddance it's at 14.

Top Thrill Poo

🤣

One thing which has come into my mind is how much will the windshields impact the experience.

Their existence to negate the need to riders wearing goggles is neat. But regardless of what row you're sat in, one staple part of a roller coaster is having the wind rush by you, hitting your face, etc. How much will that be neutered by the windshields, and will that make a difference to the ride experience?

Have you ever ridden a motorcycle with a windshield? You still get plenty of wind gusts around you lol.

I would not expect the windshields to impact the experience of the wind rushing by you, hitting your face, etc. at all.

You're still out in the elements, and in fact I feel like the windshields will improve the experience, helping you keep your eyes open so you can actually see.

Fynn

Roller Poster
One thing which has come into my mind is how much will the windshields impact the experience.

Their existence to negate the need to riders wearing goggles is neat. But regardless of what row you're sat in, one staple part of a roller coaster is having the wind rush by you, hitting your face, etc. How much will that be neutered by the windshields, and will that make a difference to the ride experience?
Think about it as driving a cabriolet with no car doors. The essence of cabriolets is feeling that wind rush. I don't think this will be any different.

Matt N

CF Legend
This has probably been said before, but; my word, the scale of that airtime hill on Falcon’s Flight looks obscene!

It becomes even more obscene when you think that it’s only one element in a 13,000ft long coaster… in most parks in the West, that one element would basically be the ride!

jasone

Roller Poster
My mind is still struggling to grasp the scale of falcons flight. It's almost so big it doesn't seem real to me. Also, that vekoma tilt is actually the thing I'm kind of most intrigued about. The double zero G looks insane.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Cool Advertisement

Qiddiya goes full Wes Anderson and Everything Everywhere All At Once;
Have to credit them for pulling off cool high-production advertisements for their stuff.

This time around it's the racetrack, that will span 20 stories in elevation with 21 turns, including above a... music venue?! The fly by with Falcon's Flight is noice as well, really shooting for the stars here;