What's new

Alton Towers | Nemesis Reborn | B&M Retrack | 2024

Foxstar1387

Roller Poster
We have all had almost 29 years of the old bone like colours and way it was. That maybe some of us are alil guilty of being very much swayed by what she was. I loved the it as it was. Being open minded with this re do. Looks very eye catching and maybe will pull more folks back in so its not always a walk on. The colours dont take away the ride feel and experience. How many people look at the track colours while on a ride. Unless your looking out for the new sections on things like bigone or an old woodie thats had a bit of work done.

It's so sad seeing the lovely, deep black ruined by the graffiti, I don't understand the thought process behind the choices made 🤢
In my opinion, Towers really don't need another plain black coaster. They already have the Smiler and Th13teen with plain black track and supports. I think adding a third plain black coaster would start to get a bit boring. I'm not saying that the veins are my favourite thing ever but I do think it's something new and interesting and will contrast well with Galactica nearby.

Last edited:

FogZog

Mega Poster
In my opinion, Towers really don't need another plain black coaster. They already have the Smiler and Th13teen with plain black track and supports. I think adding a third plain black coaster would start to get a bit boring. I'm not saying that the veins are my favourite thing ever but I do think it's something new and interesting and will contrast well with Galactica nearby.

The bone colour contrasted nicely with Galactica tbh. I understand what you mean but black works so well on coasters. Especially taking into account all of Towers dark themes. Maybe I'm just being frivolous about the new track but I can't shake how much I hate it 🙃
🤣

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
I think the main issue with the veins is that they look too cartoony and chunky. If there was more variety in thickness, direction and shape with a grungier texture & multiple shades of red it could work really well imo. I'd love for all us doubters to be proven wrong but as it stands it looks tacky and flat.

It's cool they're trying something that hasn't been done before on coaster track but maybe there's a reason no one else wants to do this kind of thing.

Rupert

Mega Poster
To be honest, I'm getting less and less excited as this goes on. Phalanx was never part of the original Nemesis aside from a comic made in 1995 for marketing purposes. Im sorry if I sound like a nostalgia sucker, but none of this screams of what Nemesis was back in the 90s, when John said the story would be the same to the original. Where's the mention of Cultists? The Sci-Fi junkyard Setting, etc? It seems to be just a military theme so far with Phalanx pushed in because the creative see fit to do so.
I know we’re all on this forum because we care more about coasters and parks far more than the average person, but I just can’t imagine the general public care even the slightest bit about the 90s original story. To be honest I haven’t heard of any of the back story other than snippets I’ve read on here, nor do I particularly care, and I think Nemesis is an incredible coaster and I really enjoy good theming. There’s a huge amount of sentimentality on here that not only is extremely niche, but obviously has very limited impact on business decisions made by the park.

More generally I think there is a vast difference between what people experience on the day - in a way the theming that is in your face and story elements you are spoon-fed (eg through a pre-show etc) - and information/backstory that people actively have to seek out on websites, merchandise (books etc) or forums. I think the park at the moment are building a very cool vibe without the average person needing to know really anything - there is a shady paramilitary organisation secretly delivering pieces of Nemesis, the track itself is glossy black with stylised blood all over it, and the whole thing is quite retro-futuristic. That’s basically enough!

I think I would have been a bit disappointed if this was the depressing matte dark grey track of The Swarm etc, but the very glossy black already looks much more cool, let alone with the almost 80s blood illustration on the side that is I think very fitting. Theme parks generally have exaggerated theming that at times can feel almost camp in execution and I mean that in a good way - they have limited time and space to really get a theme across without telling a full story so need to be quite in-your-face, and I think the new track (and slightly cartoony blood decal) is exactly that.

Sure it’s very different and perhaps not as gritty as the photos from 30 years ago, but there has been a real degradation in the coaster and the theming over that time. This restores the coaster to its full glory whilst somewhat reinventing it and changing the vibe from run-down to modern and cool. I’m excited to see it, and ride it again, in person.

English Coaster Guy

Roller Poster
I know we’re all on this forum because we care more about coasters and parks far more than the average person, but I just can’t imagine the general public care even the slightest bit about the 90s original story. To be honest I haven’t heard of any of the back story other than snippets I’ve read on here, nor do I particularly care, and I think Nemesis is an incredible coaster and I really enjoy good theming. There’s a huge amount of sentimentality on here that not only is extremely niche, but obviously has very limited impact on business decisions made by the park.

More generally I think there is a vast difference between what people experience on the day - in a way the theming that is in your face and story elements you are spoon-fed (eg through a pre-show etc) - and information/backstory that people actively have to seek out on websites, merchandise (books etc) or forums. I think the park at the moment are building a very cool vibe without the average person needing to know really anything - there is a shady paramilitary organisation secretly delivering pieces of Nemesis, the track itself is glossy black with stylised blood all over it, and the whole thing is quite retro-futuristic. That’s basically enough!

I think I would have been a bit disappointed if this was the depressing matte dark grey track of The Swarm etc, but the very glossy black already looks much more cool, let alone with the almost 80s blood illustration on the side that is I think very fitting. Theme parks generally have exaggerated theming that at times can feel almost camp in execution and I mean that in a good way - they have limited time and space to really get a theme across without telling a full story so need to be quite in-your-face, and I think the new track (and slightly cartoony blood decal) is exactly that.

Sure it’s very different and perhaps not as gritty as the photos from 30 years ago, but there has been a real degradation in the coaster and the theming over that time. This restores the coaster to its full glory whilst somewhat reinventing it and changing the vibe from run-down to modern and cool. I’m excited to see it, and ride it again, in person.
Well written.

"Retro-futuristic", nailed it!

Stranger Things vibes, people love that kinda stuff.

Bowser

Mega Poster

Agree with this. Outside of story based dark rides i think all that matters is how a roller coaster looks and how it rides. 99% of people aren't delving anywhere beyond that.

The new track looks very striking and unique (i've certainly never seen another rollercoaster with a track like this), i think that alone will be enough to get most people excited!

Gazza

Giga Poster
I think maybe if the veins had more branches and varied position and spread over the track it would look better.

But a single repetitive wavy line looks too much like that t shirt.