What's new

Knott’s Berry Farm | MonteZOOMa: The Forbidden Fortress | Schwarzkopf Launch Refurb | 2025?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Joking aside, if there really is any path forward, I could see Cedar Fair indeed waiting to see how the Zamperla retrofit works for TT2, and ordering up more for both Xcel and Montezooma.. Apparently strapping magnets to metal track is harder than it appears.

Really is curious why this project has fallen apart. Didn't Taziker do the Big One refurb? It isn't like they're an exact nobody.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Joking aside, if there really is any path forward, I could see Cedar Fair indeed waiting to see how the Zamperla retrofit works for TT2, and ordering up more for both Xcel and Montezooma.. Apparently strapping magnets to metal track is harder than it appears.

Really is curious why this project has fallen apart. Didn't Taziker do the Big One refurb? It isn't like they're an exact nobody.
They did Colossus this year is well but it did have issues.

Matt N

CF Legend
Wait, Taziker are involved? I never knew they were involved… for some reason, I had it in my head that Maurer were fabricating the new track.

Changa

Mega Poster
Would it be for budgetary reasons why this has been stalled to the point of no return? Ie: kumbak/taziker ran out of money to fix their errors, and kbf don't have the spare budget to do the whole renovation again + fix the new mistakes. Or would they be contractually tied to a dead weight in requiring the work to be done by companies that are simply incapable of delivering? As surely this would be a circumstance that might justify the extra expenditure by kfb or cf to complete, given the ongoing popularity of the ride, and that the hardware they have isn't completely unsalvageable, or they wouldn't have proceeded with the renovation in the first place?

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
Really is curious why this project has fallen apart.
Main rumor is both an epic failure resulting in the loop going down inadvertently and the supplier for the trains (Kumbak) getting thrown off the project for not going the distance. Xcelerator ****ting itself also likely complicated things.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Main rumor is both an epic failure resulting in the loop going down inadvertently and the supplier for the trains (Kumbak) getting thrown off the project for not going the distance.
Follow-up question: Did Kumbak go for speed?

Knott's is all alone, all alone, in their time of need.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
The train being there has nothing to do with the refurb bring canceled. The 'concept art' if we even call it that showed new trains are part of the update. And... I believe they actually owned two trains for ride, since they run year round it lets them refurb/rehab without taking the whole ride down.

Guessing you mean that piece of track that didn't align that Merlin ended up fixing and adding in the old track piece, scrapping the new piece... yeah? 👀
Wait, so was the bluey/green track that Colossus eventually opened with just the old track that had been repainted and reinstalled, and not actually the new track? If so, where did you hear this?