What's new

Top 10(ish): 2024 Edition - page 124

Eyebrows

Hyper Poster
After two days at Holiwood Nights:

(Changes and new additions in bold)

1: Voyage (New)

That’s all
It has come to my attention that, in my Voyage-induced stupor, I hadn’t actually posted my rankings. Whoops!

Featuring rides from Carowinds and Holiday World!

1: Voyage (New) - Before I made this post, I thought I was finally ready to put a coherent thought about this ride into words. Then, I sat down to type this and I just couldn’t. Even during the day, with the trims active, there are so many amazing moments on this ride. Every time I try to write anything specific, a huge smile breaks out on my face and I get lost in thought about this ride. My first trimless ride is the only time a coaster has ever made me cry on-ride. I cried a single tear, and it had dried off by the time we hit the brakes. You honestly don’t need to pick a row, but if you do, choose row 11 or 12. Row 1 is not to be missed out on either. Oh my god that triple down. Oh my goodness gracious.
2: Intimidator 305 (-1)
3: Skyrush (-1)
4: Velocicoaster (-1)
5: Fury 325 (New) - It doesn’t feel like it, but it is new to me since my last actual ranking. This is an incredible ride. The drop in the back has unparalleled floater. The rest of this ride has so many awesome moments. Beautiful air throughout. A work of art. Ride it in row 8 for the air and row 1 for the speed.
6: Twisted Timbers (-2)
7: Phoenix (-2)
8: Pantheon (-2)
9: Storm Chaser (New) - Oh yeah, I went to Kentucky Kingdom too! This is a phenomenal RMC with some stellar moments. I prefer Twisted Timbers overall because it flows better and doesn’t let up, and Storm Chaser has a few dead spots. I would say that Storm Chaser’s best moments are better than Twisted Timbers’ best moments though. Ride it in the front or back, obviously. At this park you can lap either easily, at least when I went.
10: El Toro (-3)
11: Lightning Rod (-3)
12: Flying Aces (-3)
13: Beast (-3)
14: Raven (New) - Hey, would you look at that, a top 15! Now that I have over 150 coasters ridden, I can feel certain that I do in fact need 15 spaces to fit in all of my favorite rides. In regards to the ride itself, you may have been expecting a different woodie from Holiday World to be residing in my top 15. Yes, Legend is good, but I knew that going in. Legend was about as good as I expected it to be (a great wooden coaster, I have it at #25), but Raven blew me away. The first two drops give great air, and the helix gives awesome laterals combined with a beautiful view of Lake Rudolph, during the day with the view over the water or during the night with the fountain illuminated. You then climb out of the helix into a shallow drop, then climb back up. All is going as expected up until this point, it’s a fun little CCI. Here, at about the halfway point of the ride, Raven turns the **** up. Raven’s iconic drop, “the 5th drop” comes out of absolutely nowhere and just throws you out of your seat. The rest of the ride is insane laterals throughout and nonstop speed. When I got off I had to do a double take. “People say this is the worst ride here?” I have no idea what those people are on about, but if it means I can lap Raven during ERT, I’m fine with it. Ride this in the back, please.
15: Kumba (-4) - Oh hey, Kumba! Welcome back to the list!

Last edited:

mewantcandy2

Mega Poster
Went back to Kennywood, BGW, Dollywood, IoA and Cedar Point since the last update and got Steel Vengeance and Velocicoaster. Lightning Rod was closed… Phantom’s Revenge still rips and I think the top 4 are more or less interchangeable.

Was a bit underwhelmed with Pantheon - was a great ride but I’m not sure it’s even the best coaster at the park. The swing launch is for sure unique but the rest of the elements could have packed a bit more punch.

1. Velocicoaster
2. Zadra
3. Steel Vengeance
4. Phantom's Revenge
5. Skyrush
6. Incredible Hulk
7. Nemesis
8. El Toro
9. Maverick
10. Twisted Timbers

Last edited:

JoshC.

Strata Poster
1. Taron, Phantasialand
2. Taiga, Linnanmäki
3. Untamed, Walibi Holland
4. Helix, Liseberg
5. Oz'Iris, Parc Asterix
6. Balder, Liseberg
7. Lost Gravity, Walibi Holland
8. Der Schwur des Kärnan, Hansa Park
9. Nemesis, Alton Towers
10. Joris en de Draak, Efteling
11. Colossos - Kampf der Giganten, Heide Park
12. Goliath, Walibi Holland
13. Troy, Toverland
14. Black Mamba, Phantasialand
15. Hyperion, Energylandia

Now that I've all but finished my American TR, time for another update. I'll give my Top 10%, which will be 28 creds, but I think that the "Top 10% of rides I've ranked" (basically ignored kiddie creds and boring +1s), which would be my Top 18, is the most telling:

RankCoasterPark
1TaronPhantasialand
2TaigaLinnanmäki
3UntamedWalibi Holland
4SkyrushHersheypark
5HelixLiseberg
6Oz'IrisParc Asterix
7BalderLiseberg
8Lost GravityWalibi Holland
9Der Schwur des KärnanHansa Park
10PhoenixKnoebels
11Jersey Devil CoasterSix Flags Great Adventure
12NemesisAlton Towers
13Joris en de DraakEfteling
14Colossos - Kampf der GigantenHeide Park
15GoliathWalibi Holland
16CandymoniumHersheypark
17El ToroSix Flags Great Adventure
18TroyToverland
19Black MambaPhantasialand
20HyperionEnergylandia
21Lech CoasterLegendia
22LisebergbananLiseberg
23Van Helsing's FactoryMovie Park Germany
24PulsarWalibi Belgium
25NitroSix Flags Great Adventure
26The SwarmThorpe Park
27Nemesis InfernoThorpe Park
28Colorado AdventurePhantasialand

So two new entries into the Top 10, 5 in the Top 10% Proper and 6 in the Top 10% Total. Decent numbers that.

For those who haven't read my TR, some quick thoughts:
-Skyrush is incredibly violent and absolutely brilliant from start to finish.
-Phoenix was a huge surprise for me, and just an absolute ton of fun.
-Jersey Devil Coaster's highlights are the first drop, turnaround and zero-g roll. Fast paced and wicked fun.
-Candymonium is a real grower of a ride, and features some really cool airtime.
-El Toro has a cracking set of drops at the start
-Nitro is really fun, especially on the back row.

I might revisit this at some point, as I still haven't figured out where to place Kingda Ka. It's big, it's fast, it doesn't do much, but my days it's a fantastic experience.

Last edited:

Benenen

Hyper Poster
This took a long time umming and ahhing but I think I've got a top 50 list I'm happy with and that no good coasters I've been on will suddenly jump into my head. Current count is 424 so this is roughly my top 10%.

1. Untamed
2. Ride To Happiness
3. Zadra
4. Karnan
5. Expedition Geforce
6. Twisted Timbers
7. Wicked Cyclone
8. Pantheon
9. Jersey Devil Coaster
10. Taron
11. Wildfire
12. Superman The Ride (SF New England)
13. El Toro
14. Shambhala
15. Nitro
16. Hyperion
17. Helix
18. Flying Aces
19. Alpengeist
20. Kondaa
21. Skyrush
22. Apollo's Chariot
23. Fluch Von Novgorod
24. Wodan
25. Goliath (Walibi Holland)
26. Intimidator 305
27. Formula Rossa
28. Silver Star
29. Candymonium
30. Verbolten
31. Phoenix
32. Lech Coaster
33. Colossos - Kampf der Giganten
34. Fenix
35. Karacho
36. Capitol Bullet Train
37. Red Force
38. Kingda Ka
39. Stealth
40. Nemesis
41. Katun
42. Montu
43. Kumba
44. iSpeed
45. Griffon
46. Boulder Dash
47. Superman - Ride of Steel (SF America)
48. Blue Fire
49. Lost Gravity
50. Storm Runner

Like Josh I've just got back from an East Coast road trip so any American coaster is a new addition, quick summary of some of the new entries:

-Twisted Timbers was my favourite ride of the holiday. Once warmed up it felt like the train was hurtling round at such a fast pace that my body was always an element or two behind trying to catch up. It's the most relentless and well paced coaster I've ridden.

- Pantheon does a bit of everything and does it all well. There's inversions, launches, airtime hills, a huge drop and several excellent transitions. Nothing feels watered down despite the variety. It's the sort of coaster that would be great to marathon.

- I'm not normally a huge fan of loopy B&Ms but I adore Alpengeist. It featured on a coaster DVD from 1999 I watched religiously as a kid and I remember being fascinated by the ski theme and how it roared through the woods. Riding it 20 odd years later was a beautiful experience and something young me at the time would have never thought was possible. Emotions aside it's a fantastic coaster. The intensity level is perfect as you feel the size and speed of each element but don't get close to greying out. The snap on the cobra roll is quintessential 90s B&M and caught me off guard every time.

- El Toro in the back is my favourite first drop and possibly my favourite moment of airtime on any coaster. The twister section at the end felt like a chore given how knackered you are from the rest of the coaster and I found it uncomfortably rough on a wheel seat but overall the drop and hills are enough to put this in a high ranked spot.

- Skyrush I wanted to like more than I actually did. I found it rough and challenging. After a few laps I learned what to expect and how to ride it and each time I liked it a little more. The drop and 2 main hills are wildly intense but jackhammering round the corners with the restraint cutting into your thighs detracts from the experience. Unfortunately my second day at Hershey where I planned to marathon it was packed so I didn't ride it as much as I wanted to. I think with more laps it could be a few spots higher but as it is it wasn't one of my absolute favourites of the holiday.

- A similar story with I305, I love what it does but it's too full on for me. Had a bad grey out one lap where I lost sight and hearing completely for a third of the layout then when I came to I didn't know where I was and felt confused to be strapped into a coaster. I'm fascinated by I305 but it scares me.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Ready for some hotness?

1. Steel Vengeance
2. Skyrush
3. Lightning Rod
4. Voyage
5. VelociCoaster
6. Ravine Flyer II
7. Fury 325
8. Twisted Timbers
9. Maverick
10. Storm Chaser

11. Nemesis
12. Phoenix
13. Shambhala
14. Mako
15. Phantom's Revenge
16. Wicked Cyclone
17. Renegade
18. Nitro
19. Mystic Timbers
20. Pantheon

21. Millennium Force
22. Twisted Cyclone
23. Top Thrill Dragster
24. Goliath (Over Georgia)
25. Montu
26. Storm Runner
27. Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure
28. Lightning Run
29. Goliath (Great America)
30. Superman: The Ride

Renegade is so good! Got 10 rides on Saturday, including several night rides, and it's earned its title as the best GCI for me.

Manta was the next one to drop out of the Top 30. Actually kinda sad about that one. I first rode it over a decade ago and was one of my early favorites.

I'm expected to get plenty new entries over the next month or so...

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
Six new additions rocketing into my Top 30 since our USA roadtrip! Mew additions in BOLD.

Screenshot_20220628-140946_Samsung Internet.jpg

1. Zadra

2. Intimidator 305

3. Pantheon

4. VelociCoaster

5. Mako

6. Stealth

7. Fury 325

8. Maverick

9. Fluch Von Novgorod

10. The Voyage

11. Phantom's Revenge

12. Silver Star

13. Hakugei

14. Joris En De Draak

15. Twisted Timburs

16. The Ride To Happiness

17. Shambhala

18. Taron

19. Candymonium

20. Icon

21. Wodan

22. Intimidator

23. Red Force

24. Oz'Iris

25. Nitro

26. Thunder Dolphin

27. Oblivion The Black Hole

28. Untamed

29. Mystic Timburs

30. Storm Chaser

Efteling | Hansa Park | Parc Asterix | Disneyland Paris | Phantasialand

MartyNZ

Roller Poster
Serena, I remember seeing that Instagram right after riding Pantheon saying its your new favorite multi launch. I do rate Velocicoaster above it, but Pantheon is a great ride and also in my top 10. My second most ridden coaster on my USA coaster trip after Twisted Timbers. Question, have you not been on Iron Gwazi yet? I suspect you did Velocicoaster in a previous trip when Iron Gwazi was still closed right? I should really post my rankings here too and get started on my trip report at some point.

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
Serena, I remember seeing that Instagram right after riding Pantheon saying its your new favorite multi launch. I do rate Velocicoaster above it, but Pantheon is a great ride and also in my top 10. My second most ridden coaster on my USA coaster trip after Twisted Timbers. Question, have you not been on Iron Gwazi yet? I suspect you did Velocicoaster in a previous trip when Iron Gwazi was still closed right? I should really post my rankings here too and get started on my trip report at some point.

It's a close call between VelociCoaster and Pantheon for me as well. They are both excellent rides and VelociCoaster is definitely better in terms of complete themed experience. But I personally preferred the layout on Pantheon and all the insane launches.

Sadly I missed the opening of Iron Gwazi as I was in Florida in January this year before it opened. Can't wait to ride it though! Looking forward to reading your trip report @MartyNZ

Matt N

CF Legend
Out of interest @Serena, how come Copperhead Strike didn’t make the cut when Icon ranks so highly? Did you not like it as much as Icon?

Also, were you not a Skyrush fan? I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone rank Candymonium above Skyrush before. I’ll admit I’m possibly more excited for Candymonium than I am for Skyrush, but putting it above seems to be an uncommon view.

I was also surprised to see I305 go so high for you, and I was surprised to read your high opinion of it in your trip report; correct me if I’m wrong, but haven’t you previously spoken about not particularly liking really intense coasters?

None of those are criticisms by any stretch (each to their own, of course!), I was just interested to see some of your placements, as some of them did surprise me.

It appears we do share quite similar taste in some regards, however; my top 4 (Mako, Silver Star, Wodan and Icon, in that order) all appear in there somewhere!

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
Out of interest @Serena, how come Copperhead Strike didn’t make the cut when Icon ranks so highly? Did you not like it as much as Icon?

Also, were you not a Skyrush fan? I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone rank Candymonium above Skyrush before. I’ll admit I’m possibly more excited for Candymonium than I am for Skyrush, but putting it above seems to be an uncommon view.

I was also surprised to see I305 go so high for you, and I was surprised to read your high opinion of it in your trip report; correct me if I’m wrong, but haven’t you previously spoken about not particularly liking really intense coasters?

None of those are criticisms by any stretch (each to their own, of course!), I was just interested to see some of your placements, as some of them did surprise me.

It appears we do share quite similar taste in some regards, however; my top 4 (Mako, Silver Star, Wodan and Icon, in that order) all appear in there somewhere!

Copperhead Strike rides NOTHING like Icon. It has really jerky transitions, very little airtime, really slow launches (you don't even get any airtime over the 2nd launch with speed hill) and the whole ride just felt like a joyless barage of hangtime. It was one of my biggest disappointments of the trip. It just has such. a. bad. layout.

Skyrush I've never liked. I first rode it in 2016 and was hoping my mind would be changed on our recent trip, but alas, no. Imagine your thighs being trapped in a vice that's gripping insanely hard, then getting pops of airtime pulling the rest of your body up. That's Skyrush. It's like being pulled in 2 opposing directions. The restraints are the absolute worst, there's no give and they clamp down so hard. Plus, compared to the todays modern coasters, the layout of Skyrush doesn't feel noteworthy now. I genuinely believe Piraten does a better job in delivering loads of excellent airtime than Skyrush does.

Intimidator 305 is intense in a different way from all other coasters I've ridden. It's really hard to describe, it's just unlike anything else I've ever experienced. The closest way I can describe it is like Taron at 95mph with a 305 ft drop. But even that doesn't do I305 enough justice! I was really surprised at how much I loved this coaster. But yeah, the forces on I305 are nothing like Lech, The Batman clones, Nemesis - those are the intense coaster types I don't enjoy much.

We do have similar tastes indeed! I think you would really like Candymonium at Hershey, it's so much fun!

Matt N

CF Legend
Interesting, and slightly saddening, to hear about Copperhead Strike in particular; I've always heard people describe CHS as "what Icon should have been", so I am slightly saddened to hear your negative review.

It being a "barrage of hangtime" is an interesting one. I'm still not 100% sure what I think to hangtime; I've liked it on some things (for instance, Blue Fire's overbank and loop have some hangtime that I really enjoyed and thought were nice sensations), but on other things, it really hasn't gelled with me. I've been increasingly finding myself getting a bit of an unpleasant "stomach in mouth" feeling on Swarm's wing over drop when it tilts you over slowly, and I recently rode Air Race at Drayton Manor, which was full of sustained hangtime... and it was absolutely vile. I could literally feel my stomach churning with each bout of inverted hangtime.

I'm guessing you're not a hangtime fan at all @Serena?

It looks as though Fury 325 and (perhaps surprisingly given its staunchly negative reception) Intimidator offered you adequate consolation over your Copperhead disappointment, though, seeing as they both feature!

Last edited:

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Updated Top 10 (new addition in bold):

1. Voyage
2. Intimidator 305
3. Maverick
4. Skyrush
5. Mindbender (Galaxyland)
6. Fury 325
7. Goliath (Georgia)
8. El Toro - Having heard about how incredible this coaster is for years, my expectations were sky-high. While it wasn’t the Voyage-beater I hoped it could’ve been, those expectations were pretty much met. The first half of El Toro, namely the first drop and 2 large camelbacks, has absolutely incredible sustained ejector air - it was straight euphoria, and the strongest start to any coaster I've ridden so far. The Rolling Thunder hill is also surreal, definitely the highlight of El Toro, and I found the rest of the ride (the twister section finale, as well as everything between the turnaround and Rolling Thunder hill) to be pretty intense - but unfortunately substantially rougher than expected and lacking in airtime. El Toro isn't “as smooth as a steel coaster”, but to be fair, it is less rough than most other woodies I’ve done. In conclusion, I definitely prefer Voyage, but El Toro is my 2nd favorite wooden coaster regardless. El Toro has 4 incredible moments, but the rest of those 45 seconds left a bit to be desired, while Voyage constantly throws good (and sometimes great) elements at you one after another, non-stop for 85 seconds straight.
9. Kumba
10. Phoenix (Knoebels)
Time for a major update!

1. Voyage
2. Steel Vengeance
3. Iron Gwazi

4. Maverick
5. Skyrush
6. Intimidator 305
7. Fury 325
8. Pantheon
9. Goliath (Georgia)
10. Phantom's Revenge

Eyebrows

Hyper Poster
I had a great June. I went to CoasterCon, knocked lots of things off of my bucket list, and expanded my top tier of rides to fit 20. My horizons are expanding, and I'm excited for whatever it is I'll get to do next!

1: Voyage (0)
2: Intimidator 305 (0)
3: Steel Vengeance (New) - This is it. The big one (not that one). This ride has just about everything you could ask for from a ride. It has the height, the speed, the air, inversions both floaty and whippy, and perhaps most importantly the length. The only things that this ride doesn't have are intense positives and a good name. The ride delivered in every way I'd hoped it would, and I had the fortune of being able to lap it pretty much to my heart's content. I don't think there's a bad moment on this ride, and on a ride with more moments than almost any other ride, that is seriously impressive. The back is really all you need for this ride, don't be afraid to ask the grouper for it.
4: Skyrush (-1)
5: Velocicoaster (-1)
6: Fury 325 (-1)
7: Phantom's Revenge (New) - This coaster has caught and held my attention for years now. Something about its odd layout, Frankenstein nature, and unique history struck a chord with me. That combined with its lauded ride experience made this the ride I had most wanted to get on and see in person for a long time. Now, I've done it, and even with my previous fascination with it, it managed to seriously surprise me. The air is amazing with those restraints, and the sensation of speed is near unparalleled. Ride this in the front at least once, but generally take the back.
8: Maverick (New) - The old king of Cedar Point still has it. Some of the strongest air on any ride in two separate moments in the first half, a great second launch, and incredible whip in the second half combine into a ride that still kicks ass 15 years later. This ride must have been mind blowing back in 2007. Ride it in the front or the back on the right side for the best whip in the second Stengel dive.
9: Twisted Timbers (-3)
10: Phoenix (-3)
11: Pantheon (-3)
12: Storm Chaser (-3)
13: El Toro (-3)
14: Lightning Rod (-3)
15: Ravine Flyer II (New) - Waldameer was a sort of tack-on to my CoasterCon trip. I spent the majority of the first Kennywood day here, and am glad I did. Ravine Flyer is an awesome little ride packed chock full of awesome moments. The drop is crazy in the back, the speed hills over the road are awesome in the front, and so is the turnaround. The twister section at the end of the ride feels like it could end, and then dives back down for another lap. Seriously great surprise, and I'll try to be back for night rides someday. Ride in the back for the drop, and the front for the rest of the layout.
16: Flying Aces (-4)
17: Beast (-4)
18: Raven (-4)
19: Jack Rabbit (New) - I didn't get to ride Thunderbolt due to an incident the day before my visit, but the absolute shock that was Jack Rabbit was consolation enough. This ride does one thing, and exactly one thing. Nothing before it, and nothing after. But that one thing, the double dip, is enough for me to put it here, in my top 20. This might be the greatest moment of air on any coaster operating, and it's all due to the restraint. It's a stationary bar that rests about a foot above the seat, and the ride operated for over half a century without seatbelts. With a loose seatbelt, the second part of the double dip is a moment like no other. If Phoenix has standing airtime, Jack Rabbit has flying airtime. Your feet leave the floor. After experiencing the double dip for the first time, I was cackling for the whole rest of the layout. You have to ride this in the back, and loosen your seatbelt all the way in the first tunnel. Don't unbuckle it, as that is against the park's rules, but you HAVE to loosen it. You won't regret it.
20: Kumba (-5)

Here's my new for 2022 Top 20 as I finally have enough credits to have a pretty solid top 20

New coasters in Bold

1- Steel Vengeance (-2)

2- Voyage (-32)

3- El Toro (-4)

4- Fury 325 (-20)

5- Velocicoaster (-3)

6- I305 (-7)

7- Lightning Rod (-1)

8- Pantheon (-2)

9- Skyrush (-2)

10- Phantom's Revenge (-2)

11- Twisted Timbers (-3)

12- Storm Chaser (-25)

13- Diamondback (-2)

14- Mystic Timbers (-1)

15- Millennium Force (-1)

16- Iron Rattler (-4)

17- Mako (-5)

18- Montu (-2)

19- Maverick (-1)

20- Mr. Freeze Reverse Blast (Over Texas) (-6)

This year I expanded my count from 52 to 180, so that's why literally every entry is in bold

JamesB

Mega Poster
New top 20 having dona Grona Lund and Kolmarden last week:
  1. Helix, Liseberg
  2. Zadra, Energylandia
  3. Taiga, Linnanmaki
  4. Dive Coaster, Chimelong
  5. Stealth, Thorpe
  6. Lech Coaster, Legendia
  7. Swarm, Thorpe
  8. Tornado, Sarkanniemi
  9. Hyperion, Energylandia
  10. Wildfire, Kolmarden
  11. Icon, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
  12. Baron 1989, Efteling
  13. Daemonen, Tivoli
  14. Nemesis Inferno, Thorpe Park
  15. Air, Alton Towers
  16. Nemesis, Alton Towers
  17. Blue Fire, Europa
  18. Monster, Grona Lund
  19. Silver Star, Europa
  20. Balder, Liseberg
(Plan is to get back to AT next year as its been years)

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
#1 Megafobia - Oakwood Theme Park
#2 München Looping - Hyde Park Fair
#3 Icon - Blackpool Pleasure Beach
#4 Smiler - Alton Towers
#5 Stealth - Thorpe Park (+2 spots)
#6 Saw The Ride - Thorpe Park
#7 Speed - Oakwood Theme Park
#8 Cannonball Express - Pleasurewood Hills
#9 Oblivion - Alton Towers
#10 Nemesis Inferno - Thorpe Park

Revolution and Wicker Man out of the top ten.

redheadedRobin

Mega Poster
Thought I'd update my top 10 since my recent visit to Gardaland gave me a pleasant surprise, Raptor kicked Furious Baco out, mostly because FB is too rough.
  1. Taron - Phantasialand
  2. F.L.Y. - Phantasialand
  3. Dragon Khan - PortAventura Park
  4. Shambhala - PortAventura Park
  5. Star Wars Hyperspace Mountain: Rebel Mission* - Disneyland Paris
  6. Raptor - Gardaland
  7. Crush's Coaster - Disneyland Paris Walt Disney Studios
  8. Winja's (Fear) - Phantasialand
  9. Colorado Adventure - Phantasialand
  10. Black Mamba - Phantasialand
Considering I started counting and ranking quite recently, it's nice to see this diversity in coasters. I honestly love the family coasters in the list, they were a blast to ride despite not being the most thrilling ones and I rank them higher for that. Haven't ridden many of the bigger coasters in Europe yet, and it's been years since I rode half of these so it's obvious this is gonna change as soon as I reride them.

Snoo

The Legend
First big changes in a WHILE after my European adventure. Now up to 505 after hitting 400 a shade over a year ago. Bold is new, Italicized is movement up or down:

1 Steel Vengeance - Cedar Point
2 Jurassic World Velocicoaster - Islands of Adventure
3 Voyage - Holiday World
4 Hyperion - Energylandia
5 Fury 325 - Carowinds
6 Boulder Dash - Lake Compounce
7 Zadra - Energylandia
8 Twisted Timbers - Kings Dominion
9 Goliath - Six Flags Great America
10 Fønix - Farup Sommerland

11 SkyRush - Hersheypark
12 Jersey Devil Coaster - Six Flags Great Adventure
13 Pantheon - Busch Gardens Williamsburg
14 Wildfire - Kolmarden
15 Outlaw Run - Silver Dollar City
16 Afterburn - Carowinds
17 Storm Chaser - Kentucky Kingdom
18 Phantom's Revenge - Kennywood
19 Renegade - Valleyfair
20 Piraten - Djurs Sommerland
21 Mine Blower - Fun Spot Kissimmee
22 Orion - Kings Island
23 El Toro - Six Flags Great Adventure
24 Lightning Rod - Dollywood

25 Copperhead Strike - Carowinds
26 Maverick - Cedar Point
27 Boardwalk Bullet - Kemah Boardwalk
28 Wicked Cyclone - Six Flags New England
29 Nitro - Six Flags Great Adventure
30 Mystic Timbers - Kings Island

Hyperion was P-H-E-N-O-M-E-N-A-L. I don't know what they did or changed but this ride is THE sleeper of Europe. This is what airtime should be in it's purest form.. probably the best continually on any coaster I've been on. The rides above it just over a bit more as it's not long. Still.. LOVED It.

Zadra is amazing as well, with a layout full of everything you could want short of my favorite thing.. airtime. It lacked it which hurt it when comparing it to the monster that is Hyperion. That said.. night rides are insanity and it hits ALL over.. all day.

Fønix happened to be 500 but was an ENORMOUS surprise to me. I had to ride it last at Farup to make it 500 which made the anticipation grow. That ride does not spare an element and hits you over and over and over. Nothing disappoints or is wasted in it's layout. Fell in complete love after ride one and ride 10.

Piraten also a fantastic airtime machine, one of those bucket list rides I wanted to get on forever. What a fantastic ride, just a bit short and missing in some spots.

Other then that, two enormous disappoints were Untamed, Colossos, and Helix. All underdelivered by miles.

Last edited:

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
@Snoo Hyperion gets a weird amount of disrespect, it is insane. That first airtime hill is possibly the best in the world. Agree on Zadra, very good but not quite enough airtime.

1. Steel Vengeance
2. Skyrush
3. Untamed
4. Taron
5. Time Traveller
6. Phoenix
7. Twisted Colossus
8. Magnum XL200
9. Karnan
10. Lightning Rod

11. Hyperion
12. Zadra