What's new

Crazy Bats VR Coaster - Phantasialand

Dar

Hyper Poster
I wonder why they've left it so late? I would have thought they'd want it open with the park rather than being a ride down until "summer", especially such a lacklustre one as TOTNH.

Unless something catastrophic has happened with Rookburgh and they're panicking?

Or it's April Fools?

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
Crazy Bats has now been registered as a trademark by the park.
https://register.dpma.de/DPMAregister/marke/registerhabm?AKZ=018039646
https://register.dpma.de/DPMAregister/marke/registerhabm?AKZ=018039646
It has been trademarked by an individual, rather than a lawyer firm. (Or at least not a firm which is discoverable)
Guess that makes it even more likely it's just april fools. (Either someone saw the name wasn't trademarked and did it themselves to **** with Phantasialand or either some marketing guy at phanta did it just to make everything more clear)

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
The 2019 summer season has begun!
Temple of the Night Hawk is closed as advertised at the entrances and on the queue times boards. Oddly though it is still on the park map.

A look at the Chiapas bell tower

The Taron extension queue improvements:

Ethan

Strata Poster
Thanks for the updates @CSLKennyNI it's interesting to see. I'm still praying for an April fools reveal.
Also hoping those canopies at Klugheim are done soon so I can see them on my visit next week!

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster

I did post links to pictures of the finished Wuze Wall in the F.L.Y. thread however I will put this here considering it is Fantasy area and not really related to Rookburgh (there's enough off topic ****e there already).
As part of the reworking of the Wuze/Rookburgh border they've created this platform which potentially could be for a new kids/family flat ride.

And a look at the new Black Mamba rockwork.

Oh and the Himalayan Prayer Flags are back again by the way @Phantasiastisch

cookie

Giga Poster
FINALLY

I could understand the guys out on the bikes selling beverages not taking cards but the food outlets not doing it always baffled me - I had to go to the one ATM in Berlin like four to five times over the course of two days just so I had cash for food. For all of the modernities Phantasialand has there's some really bizarre shortfalls like that - that and the disastrous locker situation.

Dar

Hyper Poster
Aren't card payments the exception in Germany, rather than the rule? Or have I been mislead by that one youtuber I saw?

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Aren't card payments the exception in Germany, rather than the rule? Or have I been mislead by that one youtuber I saw?
Germans are not very fond of card payments; vast majority still pay with cash - about 80% of transactions in Germany are estimated to be with cash.
Therefore for a long time only having card machines at the park entrances and restaurants for large bills probably seemed to be sufficient.
Its only really with the increase in international visitors that complaints about card payments began, and now of course it seems necessary to invest in the all the new terminals for the outlets. Should also hopefully ease congestion at the ATM in Berlin!

Last edited:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
All it is is finally catching up with the 21st Century. :rolleyes:

Netherlands next - they need to buck their ideas up too. :p

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
All it is is finally catching up with the 21st Century. :rolleyes:

Netherlands next - they need to buck their ideas up too. :p
I don't know. I hate places that only offer option of crd payments, I need to be able to get rid of my dirty money somehow. A few weeks ago I was at a place that only allowed NFC transactions and nothing else -_- When I got my new card, NFC was the first thing I disabled.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I don't know. I hate places that only offer option of crd payments, I need to be able to get rid of my dirty money somehow.
Ah, I'm not saying get rid of cash. I'm saying get rid of "cash only". I'm not so convinced a totally cashless economy is quite the way to go yet either.

The issue in the Netherlands is that they seem to only accept Maestro - I'm not 16 anymore, I have proper bank accounts and cards now. Haha.

Ben

CF Legend
I mean, ****ing finally. It was such a pain in the arse at Christmas traipsing up to the ATM whenever I wanted a hot cider.

Not really sure why you’d disable NFC - you’re totally covered as a customer if someone ever did scheme against you to steal £30 out your pocket (that type of fraud is actually super rare) so there’s zero risk to you - you’re much more likely to lose your wallet and all the cash in it.

It’s also a lot more efficient for the business - cutting right down on processing times and helping them plough through queues much quicker.

Any business that only handles cash is frankly stupid - the cost and risks of processing it are 10 times that of card.

Also, it’s 2019, get with the program.

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
I mean, :emoji_zipper_mouth:ing finally. It was such a pain in the arse at Christmas traipsing up to the ATM whenever I wanted a hot cider.

Not really sure why you’d disable NFC - you’re totally covered as a customer if someone ever did scheme against you to steal £30 out your pocket (that type of fraud is actually super rare) so there’s zero risk to you - you’re much more likely to lose your wallet and all the cash in it.

It’s also a lot more efficient for the business - cutting right down on processing times and helping them plough through queues much quicker.

Any business that only handles cash is frankly stupid - the cost and risks of processing it are 10 times that of card.

Also, it’s 2019, get with the program.
It's not about someone scamming me off from 30 euro while wlking past them. It's that, when someone finds my card, they can simply use it for small transactions without pin.
Ofcourse, all ways to spend money more quickly are encouraged by shops and so on ;)

Ethan

Strata Poster
It's not about someone scamming me off from 30 euro while wlking past them. It's that, when someone finds my card, they can simply use it for small transactions without pin.
Ofcourse, all ways to spend money more quickly are encouraged by shops and so on ;)
Yeah, limited to 30 euros/quid too. Plus from my experience and the experience of people I know, the bank will (more often than not) refund whatever was spent after your card was taken. You can buy sleeves for the cards too which prevent anybody reading the chip from your pocket, but as Ben said, these incidents are pretty uncommon.

I'd say Phantasialand accepting card now is a huge plus, will make future visits SO much easier, having to go all the way to Berlin every time was just annoying tbh.

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
But we're getting of topic right.
Does anyone still believe TotNH will get VR?
They didn't have any official communication by Mail and on their site there is nothing on this either. Is the add still at the facade of TotNH?