The Letter "Z" is Pronounced...

• Zed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zee

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
I don't think the Americans should be allowed to comment on the way we speak/write considering they can't spell several words properly anyway :roll:

Ollie

CF Legend
If we're going to rant about how American pronounce things then it annoys me when they say Route and Via wrong. :p

Error

Strata Poster
You say Zed, I say Zee.

Again I can't say much because I still can't say other words correctly. See melk.

Also, didn't Ian make a video of pronunciations?

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Like "Set", I think.

I would probably say that when speaking English as well.

Jools

Giga Poster
I thought Zee was american for Zed, but I sometimes sing Zee when I do my vocal warm ups, but that's only because it rhymes with Vee, but any other instance it's double you, ex, why, zed. :lol:

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Obviously "zed" as I'm English.

And if any members of the All Saints are reading this - you can't change your mind on pronouncing Z to fit your lyrics. I don't care for "artistic license", you're not setting a good example to the kids and annoying uptight people like me.

CMonster

Giga Poster
^ He speaks the truth! (On the second sentence)

I'd like to see a video of someone saying the alphabet with "zed" instead of "zee." I've seriously never heard it that way before.

nealbie

CF Legend
Then educate yourself bitch!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqA6wxtWG4E&feature=related[/youtube]

:roll:

Nic

Strata Poster
zed-starlight-HotChickSdtk2002.jpg

(Although, being Kiwi's.... they were actually more commonly known as "Zid". They have the dubious honour of being the first gig I went to without my parents)