What's new

You're Fired! - Official Apprentice Topic

Dave

CF Legend
Kate was only on screen for as much time as she had to be plugged back into the mains to be re-charged ;)

nealbie

CF Legend
Which is only made the more difficult by it being on the BBC fabled for their lack of adverts :lol:

Ben

CF Legend
Neal said:
^^ With the terrifying dead person in a cupboard who looks like he's dressed for a picnic :lol:

Just cause you're going to a Margaret-less university :p

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Neal said:
Ben said:
Where was Yasmina FOR THE WHOLE SERIES?!?!
Evidently in the back having sexy time with Sir Alan :roll:

He's lowered his standards a lot then - must be really desperate.

Yasmina did f-all all series, except for make cheap shoddy **** that had huge profit margins...

Oh! I see why Alan Sugar likes her now! Build crap, sell it cheap but at huge profit margins and then shut the division down before the complaints come in - Amstrad business plan 101! ;)

Kate was just playing the game properly - she came across as being really robotic, but that's because she wasn't some silly bint without a clue.

marc

CF Legend
I have to agree with Furie.

For me that final task was a joke (I know you dont agree Martyn)

She failed it, she made something that could not be sold people were spitting the chocolates out so how the hell did she win?

Kate could have got her costs down if she looked around for cheaper things after the show just like Yasmina was going to do to make her stuff ok.

Everyone said they would not buy them again so how did it work?

The box was crap, the whole electric thing was rubbish.

But like most Amstrad stuff in the 80's people bought them once and never again.

Rush

Giga Poster
I actually disagree with you and thought Yasmina did deserve to win.

Kate didn't really do anything until she won that advertising task and then she completely messed it up for herself in the advertising task. To me, she only stood out because she was the prettiest one in there. I mean, look at the replies we've had in this topic:
Oh, and can I also point out that the blonde one, Kate, she's ****ing fine!
The blonde and the big tits women can come in my boardroom anytime.
Majid or Kate to win, shes a bitch but shes hot.
Kate is HOT.

That is all I needed to say :)

I thought Yasmina did well, I think she was partly lucky but at least she didn't need to be loud, obnoxious or good looking to be noticed. I thought she was an excellent team leader in the cooking task and I thought then that she had a good chance of winning.

If it was based on yesterday's task alone, then I admit Kate did a better job, although I thought their idea looked really bland and I preferred the concept of the Yasmina's chocolates although the actual chocolates are probably ones you'd give at Halloween. I think overall, Yasmina was better than Kate and anyway, Sir Alan chooses them after a 6 month trial of each of them being one of the apprentices which kind of defeats the idea of the show.

I'm gutted that Margaret is leaving, she always comes up with some of the best quotes from the show and her expressions are priceless. It won't be the same without her. =[

marc

CF Legend
I just did not think Yasmina done anything yesterday though, her team seemed to do everything for her. Thats how it looked anyway.

The name, the box, the chocolates she done nothing. She seemed out of control, well thats what it looked like on tv.

I dont think she will last long in the job tbh.

Rush

Giga Poster
southend_marc said:
I just did not think Yasmina done anything yesterday though, her team seemed to do everything for her. Thats how it looked anyway.

The name, the box, the chocolates she done nothing. She seemed out of control, well thats what it looked like on tv.

I dont think she will last long in the job tbh.

Actually, what was good was how they experimented with the original 'for him' idea and she made the decision that was not a good idea. She thought of the Cocoa Electric brand name and went on to develop it. She made the decision to go with cheap (but disgusting flavours) and her team helped with the advert etc. Then there was the pitch, not the best, Kate's was better but I think she did an okay job overall.

Although for one second I thought Phillip was going to be one of those dancers, now that would have been scary.

As I said, Sir Alan's final decision is based on a trial with the remaining finalists and we don't get to see that bit.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I wrote Kate off in the first couple of weeks as "the one chosen just because she's supposed to add eye candy". I deliberately had her written out for the first three weeks I'd say, I ignored her completely.

Then I noticed just how stable, steady and in control she was. She was the only one who never "played the game". She did what she had to do, and she didn't once come across as deliberately not pointing out a flaw, or being a pedant, just to get the P.M. into trouble. She worked solidly, and with very few mistakes. She got on with everyone and generally was bright and in control. She wasn't overly creative, which is the biggest fault I can lay at her.

Yasmina always seemed to have a face on her, sulky and petulant. She was driven, but I could never see what qualities she had that enforced her drive. She quite often missed the point and relied very heavily on others to just get on with it for her. Let's face it, she almost screwed up that soap task for Kate with complete stupidity.

Dave

CF Legend
Only thing with Kate I found which was annoying was she was too confident, which is good in some cases but when you keep the same expression and tone then its a bit too robotic which is where she got the name from.
Plus when she said 'apprentice' and 'really' it really got on my nerves.

Yasmina did do what she was asked, she only failed on the chocolates which James pointed out was hard to do because they never got to try them fully until they were made and in the boxes. The box design was really good, it was bold and stood out. The advert worked really well, even if it was a bit cheesy! Presentation was almost barked out but was funny to watch.

I still think Yasmina was a worthy winner!

Ben

CF Legend
If being robotic means you don't completely and utterly screw up tasks, don't create a product no-one in their right mind would buy more than once, don't sit around and do nothing, don't pretend to be well versed in your own business when you don't even know how much money it makes and you actually understand fundamental terms like "turnover" and "profit" and you actually get the job done every time... well, I'll take robotic as a compliment if anyone ever calls me it.

Yasmina never in the whole process did anything of value or worth. Why Sir Alan picked her I still don't quite understand. I wouldn't be surprised if he's just wary of hiring someone in a relationship springing from the show, due to how well that worked out last time.