What's new

Your (stupid) pre-coaster enthusiast thoughts on Theme Parks

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Re: Your (stupid) pre-coaster enthusiast thoughts on Theme P

After playing Roller Coaster Tycoon throughout my childhood i genuinely believed it was common practice for a coasters 'station brakes' to fail and refused to ride any coasters until my mid teens.

Rachel

Coaster MILF

I used to think that roller coasters without any inversions couldn't possibly be that thrilling.

Also that all the best parks and coasters were in America - obviously there are some great ones but I didn't realise there were so many European and Asian parks.

VF15

Roller Poster

I used to think that inverted coasters (or "hanging coasters" as I used to call them) were the only coaster types that were thrilling. Glad those days are over.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

Wooden coasters can't go upside down

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

nadroJ

CF Legend

^I wouldn't call that a stupid assumption seeing as a long of inversions on woodies are usually hybrid anyway.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

And wooden coasters didn't go upside until recently. Or as recently as the late 1800's. :p

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster

I remember that instead of Orlando I use to call it just Disney when I was young. I don't know why but a lot of people here classify Orlando as just Disney and nothing but Disney. Some people even think Universal, Busch Gardens, and SeaWorld are part of Disney. (Yes i have heard it before and it makes me cringe)

nadroJ

CF Legend

^I used to do that too. As in 'where are you going on holiday?' 'Disney'

I wouldn't call that stupid though, it's more a convenient/lazy way of saying I'm going to Orlando for the parks without saying it in so many words.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016

I remember assuming, Roller Coaster at Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach went inside because I couldn't see the track from the ground (I'm not counting the little tunnels as 'inside'). As I thought it went inside I assumed it went upside down and so never rode when I was younger meaning I still don't have the **** cred!

DeanGaryCox

Roller Poster
Re: Your (stupid) thoughts on Amusement Parks pre-coaster en

I feel I became an enthusiast back in 2013 when I started visiting merlin parks most weeks and most of the events as well as some other parks... I started to become increasingly interested in theme parks back in 2009 when I visited all the merlin London attractions in a week and from there started looking at and joining forums... Although always loved theme parks visiting Alton towers every year since I was a kid, I felt deprived of my childhood for my parents not taking me to chessington and Lego land until I was like 15 aha!

caffeine_demon said:
Coasters are only thrilling if they've got loops...

That was so me, even up until last year and then I started to appreciate air time so much more like on Rita & stealth, and the back row on 13... Then I got to ride Shambhala and instantly became my favourote ride ever - I remember when it was being built and I seen the layout and that it has no inversions that means it's going to be rubbish, how wrong was I!! I still think a cheeky inversion wouldn't be any harm and make rides even better :)

Yeti

Roller Poster

Vampire (CWoA) goes upside down for a very long time.

XLR8R

Roller Poster

Cedar Point is the best amusement park in the world.

(Though, it is a very good park, but it's far from the best.)

Ashstrodamus

Mega Poster

Not a coaster but a flat ride. The Time Shaft at Kings Dominion. It was like a Gravitron at fairs where you stick to the wall because of centrifugal force. As a kid someone told me the floor drops out of it, which it did, but in my mind that meant there would be a bottomless pit under you when the floor only dropped a foot or two.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

^ We know. The title of this thread is Stupid Pre-Enthusiast Thoughts. :p

Pierre

Strata Poster

Years ago when I was about 11-12 I was at Flamingo Land and the Corkscrew had become considerably rougher. Bloke who I was with (family friend) was convinced they'd swapped the trains between The Bullet (Schwarzkopf) and the Corkscrew (Vekoma). In my childish naivety I believed him.