What's new

Your Least Common Opinion?

CoasterGoji_501

Roller Poster
can you expand on what you mean by "disney looks overrated"?
im talking more specifically about disneyland and CaliAdvent, personaly from the images and videos i have scene, its a good looking park. however as a thoosie to me its just 2 VERY SOUPED family park.and its just that if you think about that. im also not the biggest fan of overtly bright and flashey colors and more thrill oriented parks with more wooded themeing if that makes sense. (IE dollywood, knotts, SDC, ect).

TL;DR, disney is to colorful, give me the emo parks

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
A new one popping into my head reflecting on Green Lantern at SFGAdv: Mantis was a pretty good ride?

Big bear mountain is boring and Manta SWSD is better

I like sreams vibe and apperance

I REALLY don't like B&M hypers, sitdowns, floorless

Hurler at Carowinds should be Gravity Grouped instead of RMC'd

Mine Blower in awful, forceless, rough, and should be RMC'd

Galaxy Spin Fun Spot Kissime>Cosmic Rewind

Cobra's Curse is pointless and a waste of money

Skyrocket 2's are really fun and very overhated

Ice Breaker>West Coast Racers

Strathven

Roller Poster
I think it's okay for a coaster to be forceless. If a ride has a cool layout, comfortable seats, an interesting location, provides lots of eye candy, or just has good vibes, it can still be a contender for my #1. Strong Gs are always nice, but there are other ways roller coasters can be enjoyable.

ValravnIsElite

Roller Poster
I have 5, and they all relate to Cedar Point.
1. MaxAir is better than Raptor. I love flat rides, and this was one that I could ride over and over. Raptor was boring.
2. GateKeeper has worse restraints than Valravn. On all 3 of my rides on GateKeeper, the vest tightened so much that I could hardly breathe. On all of my 6 rides on Valravn, the vest did not tighten at all.
3. Rougarou and Raptor are very interchangeable. Rougarou is known as a pretty boring ride, but I found that I was looking forward to that inclined loop a lot on my second ride. Raptor crawled through its layout both times I rode it, and the only redeeming factor for that is the hangtime i got exiting the cobra roll. The helix was the best part.
4. Valravn is top 5 in the park (at least until TT2 opens). Here is my current ranking of coasters in the park: 1: Millennium Force 2: Valravn 3: Gatekeeper 4: Raptor/Rougarou 5: Gemini 6: Corkscrew 7: Iron Dragon. I haven't been on SteVe, Maverick, or Magnum yet, and I think those would all be above Valravn.
5. Millennium Force provides a better view than WindSeeker. This is solely because from Millennium Force I could see Frontier Town, and that is the best looking area in the park.

Christian

Hyper Poster
2. GateKeeper has worse restraints than Valravn. On all 3 of my rides on GateKeeper, the vest tightened so much that I could hardly breathe. On all of my 6 rides on Valravn, the vest did not tighten at all.

In my experience drop coasters vests are looser than wing coaster vests

JackFish

Mega Poster
Steel Force @ Dorney Park > Every roller coaster at Silver Dollar City.
Cheetah Hunt > Pantheon on my bucket list.
I know you're entitled to your opinion, but this genuinely hurts me :(. Can you elaborate? Not going to try to change your opinion, just want to see where your coming from

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I know you're entitled to your opinion, but this genuinely hurts me :(. Can you elaborate? Not going to try to change your opinion, just want to see where your coming from
Well, especially when I have every roller coaster aside from Fire in the Hole at SDC ranked ahead of Steel Force. :p

Overall RankCoasterPark
10Outlaw RunSilver Dollar City
72Powder Keg: A Blast in the WildernessSilver Dollar City
94WildfireSilver Dollar City
146ThunderationSilver Dollar City
147Steel ForceDorney Park
239Fire in the HoleSilver Dollar City

Definitely a top contender for least common opinion to put a Morgan ahead of an RMC and B&M. 😆

JackFish

Mega Poster
Yes, haven't been back since, which would probably place even higher lol
For most people it would, but my least common opinion is that Outlaw run is better than Time Traveller. Seems to get a lot of hate from the GP when I say it while im in line. But their GP so who cares ;)

ValravnIsElite

Roller Poster
Every roller coaster at Silver Dollar City's explanation:
Outlaw Run: Too short
Time Traveler: Not enough airtime
Powder Keg: The part where it switches to premier track is genuinely boring
Wildfire: To short + Not enough airtime
Thunderation: Very rough
Grand Expo: BORING
Fire In The Hole: Good theming, but kinda boring and it looks kind of desolate
Now for my Steel Force explanation
If my list were based on the amount of pure fun I had while on a coaster, Steel Force would be my #1. I rode it in 105 degree weather, in the afternoon, with a full train, midcourse off, in a seat you wouldn't expect from a coaster enthusiast. Car 2, row 3. The first drop is quite intense and the next two hills give spectacular floater airtime. Next comes the best helix I have ever experienced, followed by a sharp turn into the midcourse. By the way, the lap bar was a good six inches off my lap at the lowest setting and the seatbelt was at least three inches away. The drop off of the midcourse and the next two hills gave some great flowjector airtime, while the next two hills and the double up provide ejector airtime so violent that I was genuinely scared. I know Valravn is severely overhated, but give some love to Steel Force!

Cobayo

Roller Poster
All my friends love Colorado Adventure, and I've heard great things about that ride, but for me its just really uncomfortable and just unfun. I can't enjoy a ride that is painful because the forces are not measured at all.