Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I couldn't find one of these in the last 18 months, so I think it's fair to have another one.

What is you favourite alcoholic beverage of choice? I've just put a covering "type", feel free to detail.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Cider <3

I can only drink a tiny bit of beer or lager before I get that foul after-taste in my mouth and I feel horrible about it.

Alcopops I will drink if bought for me. I'm not chavvy enough to buy them myself.

I do shots of spirits too from time to time, even though I'm not so keen on their taste. Rum's quite nice too.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I'll drink most things. I can't stand whisky though, or ginger beer and I'm not keen on stout. I never used to be able to drink lager or beer, it used to make me feel really ill after about half a pint. I've no idea why that stopped happening :lol:

At home I'll drink lager or wine. Out I tend to drink some kind of ale. I will sometimes fancy a cider though, I find it very refreshing if it's hot. I avoid spirits if possible as they don't agree with me... Or they make me not agree with people :lol: I used to drink neat vodka though which probably explains it.

I love finishing off a couple of drinks with some port too, but it gives me heartburn. I do love the stuff though, preferably in pints ;)

Not had a drink now for four weeks actually, fancy a tipple to get me through the week :p

nadroJ

CF Legend
Cocktails, because they actually taste delicious AND get you drunk.

I like cider, but only flavoured ciders. Again, because they actually taste good.

Anything where you can actually taste that it is alcoholic are just no, wine especially <//3

Sam's family are all massive wine drinkers (the women anyway) and think I don't drink because I don't like wine. I don't get how anyone can like it, it's absolutely foul! And it gives you a disgusting hangover.

I'll only drink something if I like the taste of it now and actually WANT to drink it. I don't drink whatever I can get my hands on with the sole intention of getting drunk. I have this situation in restaurants, a lot of places only sell beer or wine, so in that case I'll have a soft drink because wine is vom and I don't like beer enough to drink it with a meal. And I always get looked at like I'm weird if we're out with Sam's family and I order a coke, and then someone will say 'oh that's right, because you don't drink do you?'

I do drink, just not for the sake of it.

So yeah, yummy things like cocktails, flavoured ciders and particular flavoured spirits like Malibu.

For taste, cocktails for sure! They're sooo good but so expensive. I HATE Malibu though, I think that could be because the only time I ever had it, it was so warm it tasted as though it had been put in a microwave or something.

I've always hated wine, and I've actually only ever tasted one wine that was not disgusting.

I think my drink of choice if I'm looking to get drunk is vodka, usually mixed with something like cranberry or whatever. But, cocktails if I'm casually drinking and want to be a prissy girl. NEVER would drink beer with a meal, I only did it once and the pizza made my beer taste sour.

This was not a good topic to look at being hungover as hell though :p . I actually just felt like I was gonna get sick looking at the poll options, haha.

Beer is only good if it's in Germany, because I'm a snob like that <3

Error

Strata Poster
I actually don't drink all the much and dislike most, but I do like Jägermeister. I've never been truly drunk so no silliness there :p

Ben

CF Legend
Cocktails are defo the best, but, because of how expensive/complex they are, they're not what I drink most of.

In the week etc it's all about Cider. I like almost all types to be honest, except STRONGBOW <///3 I never used to like normal cider until about a year ago when I randomly for no real reason got a Magners at Tesco, and it was fab <3 Obviously Strawberry etc. are amazing.

I love spirits as well, obv, and my going out drink is a double vodka orange (but, that's TECHNICALLY a Screwdriver which is a cocktail, I guess). I will never have a straight spirit or I die, so, where does it stop being a vodka and a mixer and start being a cocktail? Is a vodka-orange a cocktail or is the Screwdriver a much too ambitious spirit and juice?

Lager's OK, but, I could never have more than one.

Real ale is vile <//3

I really like wine as well, well, white and rose, but, it's a bit vulgar to get drunk on. I get drunk REALLY fast, but, the next day <///3

So, yeah, I really love cocktails, cider and vodka.

I await Joey's post <3 :p

kimahri

CF Legend
I hate Alcohol AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! >:C

Well... the only one I've tried that actually tastes nice was that spanish Anís and possible Greek Ouzo or sommat along those lines. I don't think I would be a smart idea to drink them casually or enough to get a taste of them...

Brett7710

Mega Poster
My favourites are Jack Daniels (with coke) Peroni, Bud, Erdinger and Fruli.

I go through phases with Cider and rose/white wine. I don't drink that often though, i used to go through a fair bit of Jager and Sambuca but I don't bother with them anymore.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Youngster Joey said:
I'm not of the legal age in the US. Well time to go to Ontario(Canada) and figure it out!

Lol, the youth culture in America is SO different to over here.

Brett7710

Mega Poster
^ To be fair I think the culture is different in most country's to here, we do seem to have a pretty bad rep when it comes to drinking regardless of age.

Is a vodka-orange a cocktail or is the Screwdriver a much too ambitious spirit and juice?

I consider vodka and orange just to be a mixer. It's funny, because I always mix my vodka with things, but each time I throw one up, I have to find something new to mix it with otherwise I just feel sick when I drink it. The night I puked my weight in vodka and Coke put me off that forever, including just drinking Coke alone :p . My recent is vodka/Cran, but alas, I puked it yesterday so it will be a no-go, at least for a while.

For whoever said Jager, it's a hit and miss with me. I drink it ALL the time at work and doing Jagerbombs with friends or whatever, and it usually goes down pretty smooth but there have been times where it has just really disgusted me.

Tequila is blah too, I've only had two tequila shots in my life and each time I've been on the verge of puking, plus I make the most ridiculous face known to man when I drink it.

Ben

CF Legend
I looked this up because I was weirdly interested in it, and a cocktail is just a spirit mixed with something else.

So, technically, a mixer is a cocktail. So, unless you have your spirits straight, you like cocktails.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Red wine at home. I pass out after two bottles though but it doesn't give me a hangover.

When drinking out on the town, I hit the real ales.

Spirits really disagree with me nowadays (and I used to be able to demolish a bottle of whiskey without a problem) and lager tastes like piss and give me a hangover.

If I had to choose one, then it would be real ale.

Colossus

Giga Poster
Flavoured Cider, like Kopparberg, Brothers and mainly Rekorderlig. Also Cocktails, Guinness or Jack Daniels, thats about it a rarely stray from those. Lager tastes like urine, Wine gives me a feeble headache.

jayjay

Giga Poster
I hardly drink (probably got a bad sugar addiction from the amount of coke/J20 I drink) but when I do, it's always cider (not Strongbow, that tastes like piss).

peep

CF Legend
For me it has to be flavoured cider. I occasionally have cocktails. I seem to end up having lager/beer at the moment when I go out, not sure why, I think it's because its cheaper and easier to order, however I don't actually like it, oh and it gets me drunk quicker.

I'll tend to have a few shots on a night out too, but like Sourz or something, nothing too strong.

I only drink on a night out where the intention is to get wasted, I don't really see the point otherwise. I just find the taste of alcohol isn't very appealing and it costs too much to drink on a regular basis. I get really annoyed with people that think that I'm weird for not wanting a drink and it's a bit like 'well, maybe I want a drink I can enjoy?'. Really don't understand drinking for the sake of it.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Ben said:
I looked this up because I was weirdly interested in it, and a cocktail is just a spirit mixed with something else.

So, technically, a mixer is a cocktail. So, unless you have your spirits straight, you like cocktails.

Well, that **** that poll up then :lol: I really didn't realise it was that simplistic.

peep said:
I only drink on a night out where the intention is to get wasted, I don't really see the point otherwise. I just find the taste of alcohol isn't very appealing and it costs too much to drink on a regular basis. I get really annoyed with people that think that I'm weird for not wanting a drink and it's a bit like 'well, maybe I want a drink I can enjoy?'. Really don't understand drinking for the sake of it.

I used to be like that too. I still am to a degree because if I'm going to spend money and inhale calories, then I want something out of it. I enjoy the feeling of being "tipsy", so I like to drink for that reason.

Over the years though, my tastes have changes and I actually do enjoy the taste of a lot of alcoholic drinks (and some that I loved in my youth I can't stand now). I love a really nice drink of ale. However, I pretty much drive everywhere anyway (and have done for so long now I can't remember ever being free to just go and have a pint or two) so again, I tend to just drink soft drinks, or a bitter shandy if I'm pushing the boat out (one pint of shandy is the most I'll ever drink if driving).

So yeah, I find myself drinking less and less to get drunk as I get older and drinking more and more for the enjoyment of the taste.