What's new

Your favorite underrated ride(s)?

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
What is your favorite underrated rides? For me, its American Eagle SFGAm, Viper SFGAm, and Wildfire SDC.

All are great rides, and all have fairly short lines. What's your underrated list?

BBH

Giga Poster
Easily Viper at SFGAm. The airtime in the back row is absolutely insane.

Others include Wildfire at SDC and even (a bit) Raging Bull at SFGAm. You do get a couple of nice pops of floater.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Cheetah Hunt, Wild Eagle, and Silver Bullet. All of them are more graceful and floaty and get a lot of hate for that reason, but you can't deny that they're all really fun. And Wild Eagle's view! <3

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Colorado Adventure at Phantasialand. It has quite a lot of unexpected airtime throughout the ride which combined with its smoothness easily makes it top any other mine train coaster.

Bizarro at SFGAdv. Really smooth and a nice mixture floaty-ness and force makes a very fun and re-rideable coaster.

Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit at USF. I'll admit it is pretty rough, but looking past that it has very unique and exciting layout with some airtime in and out of MCBR's.

Others include:

Colossus, Thorpe Park
Steel Force, Dorney Park
Van Helsings Factory, Movie Park Germany
Ghost Rider, Knott's Berry Farm

ThomVD

Giga Poster
Colorado Adventure and Joris en de Draak. Both fantastic super re-ridable rides with a HUGE fun factor.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I also think X Flight at SFGAm is underrated. People say its "forceless", but the final helix especially in the outer right wing is very intense. It also has some cool elements.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
Wild Eagle - Dollywood
Hydra, Steel Force - Dorney Park
Batman: The Dark Knight, Thunderbolt - Six Flags New England
Superman: Ultimate Flight - Six Flags Great Adventure
Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit, Revenge of the Mummy - Universal Studios Florida
Steeplechase - Scream Zone
Exterminator - Kennywood
Iron Dragon - Cedar Point
Comet and Sooperdooperlooper - Hersheypark
Gatekeeper - Cedar Point
and after 22 rides on it how can i not say Skull Mountain <3

This is probably just more along the lines of rides I liked that people find bad or just mehh.

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
Titan and Mr. Freeze at Six Flags over Texas. Many people hate Titan due to the super intense helixes that cause many to black out, but if you flex your butt muscles you won't black out :shock: ... I still don't remember how I found that out, but I didn't find that out myself. Plus I love that first drop, and there is never a line when I go. Mr. Freeze is just freaking awesome. I'd also say Patriot is very underrated. It is my #2, should be knocked back a few spots after my SFGAm trip though. The zero G roll is PERFECT.

njn63

Mega Poster
A lot of these were already mentioned but they should be repeated:
Viper - SFGAm (although it seems to have gotten rough this year?)
American Eagle - SFGAm
Bizarro - SFGAdv
Blue Streak - Cedar Point
Screaming Eagle - SFStL

Basically, all the woodies. :wink:

BBH

Giga Poster
^Viper's still quite smooth but I did have trouble with the restraint coming down from the jarring on the drop after the second camelback. That's the only rough spot, though.

Snoo

The Legend
Boardwalk Bullet and Cornball Express.

Two top 10 rides for me which barely get mentioned by many. BB used to when it was new but dropped off in favor of new GG coasters.

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
Definitely Nemesis Inferno and Shockwave (DM)

Inferno - Because it's always overshadowed by it's predecessor. Admittedly the original Nemesis is the better coaster, and admittedly Inferno did used to suck. But recently, over the past two years, it's been running fab, and has shot up my top 10 to a relatively respectful place right below Nemesis. Sure the drops not great, but there's some great inversions, the pace is perfect and the forces are pretty amazing too. Also the thing that really makes it stand out, is its a fantastic ride in pretty much any seat, unlike the original, which is pretty lacklustre in the middle.

Shockwave - Because it's a pretty unique ride, there aren't many Intamin/Giovanola standups left in the world, and in the UK, it's the only standup. It's not a perfect ride, and does bash you around a bit, but nowhere near as much as people make it out to! Also how can anyone hate it when it has the only standup zero g roll, which is made of pure awesomeness!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Screaming Eagle at SFStLouis really took me by surprise as to how forceful yet smooth it was.

Hydra at Dorney does not carry the forces of other B&Ms, but it's ability to pack 7 inversions with a 105 ft. initial drop is very remarkable.

Viper at SFMM is quite simply one of the smoothest Arrows out there, and manages to not have the awkward inversions and transitions of its earlier predecessors.

Oh, and I did enjoy Titan at SFOT over Goliath at SFMM, despite Goliath being the more well-known twin.

mcgoughchris

Mega Poster
jj23w said:
Realising it now colossus I now love this little beauty so much it's in my top 5.

Colossus gave me a splitting headache all three times I've rode it

I love rip ride rockit at US Florida. It's deffo got the fun factor especially when you ride it in the dark

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I actually like SLCs.

Ok, in all seriousness, I agree with the Screaming Eagle one. It's just airtime after airtime. I did ride back row, so I had more speed and airtime! And to add to my experience, there was a deer next to the track. It was just so majestic
as it fled. :lol:

I also enjoyed Dueling Dragons Horntail at USO.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk