What's new

X Factor 2010

Nic

Strata Poster
We might as well have a topic for it. Once it gets cracking, people are bound to be daft enough to watch it.

I was forced to sit through it on Sat night. I made a comment about at least one of them saying "She has a talent for sounding like she's been autotuned even when she's singing live." According to today's papers, I might be a lot more perceptive than I realised.

http://3am.co.uk/x-factor-in-new-fakery ... ms-/23854/

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I like the X Factor when it gets to the live show stage, with the pressure of live tv and the special guests. It's great entertainment. I'll probably catch a few moments of the auditions/boot camp shows though.

The auditions are not entertaining anymore.

"It's been my dream since I was a child to perform. My mum died of bottom cancer last week so I'm doing this for her. I'd like to sing Beautiful by Christina Aguilera or something by Kings of Leon." :roll:

Mark

Strata Poster
I avoid the auditions like they are the black plague...

I find the intentionally selected bad auditions far too cringe worthy and actually embaressing. It makes my skin creep that they are knowingly putting these people on TV to be a lughing stock. Yes yes, I know some of you may say that 'well if these people are stupid enough to believe they can sing etc' but I don't always see it like that. For a singer, you don't hear the same thing someone else hears (trust me, ive heard the difference between what I hear in head and on recording... its weird!). Other times, they are even people with disabilities and so on... its just mocking people for entertainment and I don't enjoy it! (Although if the goon was to audition I may force myself to watch :p)

The live entertainment show however for the most part, is filled with people that can sing (Jedward nonwithstanding), and in an industry that is unbelievably difficult to crack, it opens many a door for them.

I personally wouldnt audition but I cant help wonder sometimes, that some people come to the conclusion that they have a choice; Dont audition and continue doing what there doing and risk never being noticed or audition and at least slightly improve the chance of getting somewhere!

For Saturday night TV - A british staple of family viewing time - it works perfectly in being a mixture a competitive mix of game show, talent show, some comedy value (Laughing at the ridiculousness that is Louis Walsh) and provides something that every member of the family can get into, have a favourite, have a least favourite, have an opinion on etc.

Above all, the general public are NOT the sheep some make out, in fact they have their own brain. If they don't like someone they get voted off. The ones they do like stay. The public on mass (barring the musical purist snobs) vote on this thing and therefore, at the end of the day, the winner gets the crown because the public want them to.

Phew...

Pierre

Strata Poster
Last year about 50% or more auditionees sang Paolo Nutini - Last Request ... and it pissed me off.

Auditions are OK, but its the same as TV shows such as Wipeout and Takeshis Castle, the novelty effect of dreadful singers is wearing off.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I thought they had auto tuned throughout the whole show. It's awful. It sounds like ****, I'd rather they sang without any producers editing their voice to make it better.

I really am not a fan of the show any more, however, my guardian is obsessed and got quite angry when I showed her the article and tried explaining. So, because she loves it so much, I watch it. Besides, there is jacks hit on Saturday nights nowadays.

My Saturday nights up until Christmas are filled :roll:

robbeal

Hyper Poster
I reckon i'll go for the X Factor next year, because its obviously not a singing competition anymore, i'll just get my vocals auto-tuned and i'll sound much better!

Okay, admittedly auto-tune isn't going to make someone who can't sing for shiz sound like Pavarotti, but surely the appeal of the show is seeing how well these people can genuinely sing, not to see what the polished, edited,finished product might sound like?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I watched it.

There was a woman who quite blatantly has mental issues being allowed to behave like a complete freak on stage. I'm all for "quirky" performers, but the thing is you could tell even before she "sang" that she was obviously deranged. It was all a bit wrong really.

Dave

CF Legend
Well I'm guessing it was that woman who called herself 'possessed' in The Sun. Had to waft through 4 pages of X-Factor crap....

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
The thing is, the papers will make her out to be another "kooky" character, when, in fact, she clearly has real issues. It's not just the usual attention whoring crap you'd expect. There's something really wrong with the woman.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I haven't bothered to watch X Factor for weeks, but judging from my Facebook feed, I can see that Cheryl Cole is an idiot, X Factor is fixed and that ugly, orange bimbos have won the hearts of many men... I could have told you all that...

Patrick

Hyper Poster
Eww, it's always the wrong girls who choose to expose themselves lol.

X-Factor has annoyed me even more than usual this year, I actually hate that anorexic chav Cher Lloyd who Cheryl has put through and I actually think she is the most annoying contestant they've ever had on. Hate how she's allowed to rap on a singing contest and her facial expressions while shes 'singing' make me want to hit things.