What's new

Wuhan PTR - Day 2: Happy Valley

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I flew from Chongqing to Wuhan on an early morning flight, eventually getting to my hotel at around 9am. I fully expected to just have to leave my bags and head out, but they let me check in early, which was great.

The weather was s**te though. It was raining when I landed and still pissing down when I got to the hotel. My original plan was to hit Happy Valley since it was a Friday. I only had two days here and wanted to avoid Happy Valley at the weekend. The heavy rain had stopped by about 11, but it was still drizzling and generally s**ty. I figured that Happy Valley at the weekend, with hopefully clearer weather, would be vastly preferable to Happy Valley in the rain, given that they run their parks like a bunch of c**ts and close their coasters if a sparrow so much as s**ts on them.

Instead, I decided to do a cred run to a couple of crappy parks, figuring, correctly, that even without great weather, since they were pay-per-ride, they’d make more effort to get stuff running.

Wuhan Zhongshan Park

This was yet another Chinese city park with an amusement park section. The rides here were a lot more spread out though, as opposed to the usual crammed on a concrete slab in a far corner. It was really easy to get to since it had its own station on the Metro.

SAM_3718_zps85c002d4.jpg

SAM_3719_zps95b5f3c9.jpg

SAM_3721_zpsecde0486.jpg

SAM_3722_zpsf8ddbed4.jpg

The weather is clearly miserable which makes the place look really drab, but it was actually pretty nice. With it being a Friday morning and with crap weather, the place was predictably empty.

SAM_3723_zps8e32dbea.jpg

SAM_3727_zps2005d177.jpg

The amusement park was, as per **** ing usual, at the opposite end from where I’d entered.

SAM_3729_zps00c9b958.jpg

Have a bunch of random rides. There were a few things that weren’t open, most notably the log flume and a Top Scan knock-off, but most things were running. I say running, I mean “open” as nobody was riding anything.

SAM_3743_zpsa3d2dcc7.jpg

SAM_3763_zps0e98c8e9.jpg

SAM_3770_zps17bcb701.jpg

SAM_3778_zpsef7b5cf4.jpg

SAM_3779_zps2f40baf2.jpg

SAM_3744_zpsf522e063.jpg

SAM_3769_zps3a619411.jpg

There was a rapids ride, which looked like it hadn’t been operational for quite a long time. It was very weird to see one at all in this type of park though.

SAM_3776_zps0d17a994.jpg

SAM_3777_zps9967e7a7.jpg

With all these crowds, you’d think they’d have more than one ticket window open.

SAM_3736_zpsb078a8ec.jpg

The first coaster I rode here was also the biggest, but was just a typical Chinese loopscrew.

SAM_3732_zpse469dd10.jpg

SAM_3733_zps113cb27e.jpg

SAM_3734_zps01e1ccbf.jpg

SAM_3738_zps5d198566.jpg

There was also a jungle mouse.

SAM_3745_zpsfed14225.jpg

SAM_3746_zps9044cfd5.jpg

SAM_3748_zps01171f79.jpg

Along with some rather disconcerting cars just lying on the ground at the side of the track. Yes, this was open.

SAM_3749_zps5ad89b7d.jpg

There was a new coaster under construction, a Golden Horse MotoCoaster. According to RCDB, it was due to open just a few days after I was there. It was a tad annoying to miss it by such a short timeframe, but it couldn’t be helped and I knew that it wouldn’t be open.

SAM_3751_zpse98a82aa.jpg

SAM_3755_zps1ed73f5f.jpg

SAM_3756_zpsde590f65.jpg

SAM_3758_zpsa926649c.jpg

The park was supposed to have a spinning coaster, but looking at the park map, it’s clear that it’s been removed as the MotoCoaster is sitting in exactly the same spot. There were also, according to the map, a few flat rides in the area, including a shot/drop tower, but they’ve also been removed.

SAM_3753_zps93400743.jpg

I’d expected to get three coasters, but the spinner was gone and its replacement wasn’t open yet. However:

SAM_3772_zpsbd885056.jpg

Surprise, non-listed Golden Horse Fruitworm!!!!

SAM_3774_zpsdeed7013.jpg

SAM_3740_zps9e2cf658.jpg

So I ended up getting the three creds I’d expected, just not the exact coasters.

After this place I got a taxi to Wuhan Zoo.

Wuhan Zoo

This place was set in a huge area of land, with massive lakes all over it, which made me think that it might be an ok kind of zoo given that they had so much space.

SAM_3782_zps6d56b672.jpg

SAM_3791_zpsa4d853a9.jpg

SAM_3803_zpsf1534198.jpg

SAM_3807_zpscb9b1ccc.jpg

SAM_3811_zpsf5de5e8c.jpg

The amusement park section was close to the entrance, while most of the animal enclosures were miles away on the other side of the lakes.

SAM_3784_zps2ec555fb.jpg

Some Disney characters welcome you to the park:

SAM_3785_zpsdae80121.jpg

But what’s that through the amazing castle entrance?

SAM_3786_zps97df035b.jpg

Yep, a huge, blue metal fence that completely surrounds the amusement park area.

SAM_3787_zps7d1cac3a.jpg

F**k you, Mickey. And your whore of a girlfriend.

SAM_3788_zpsdf2af657.jpg

Now, I think I might have **** ed up slightly in the planning of this. I could’ve sworn that RCDB had this place listed as having two coasters, but looking at it now, it has them listed as closed since 2011. I don’t think it would’ve been “backdated” like that, so I think I somehow got things mixed up during the planning.

Anyway, here are some pictures of what you can see over the fence. Well, for the most part you can’t unless you have a bit of a climb up and cut your hands on the sheet metal, which I obviously did.

SAM_3789_zps20b045e8.jpg

SAM_3790_zps5c70c001.jpg

SAM_3792_zps0e81c066.jpg

SAM_3853_zpsb541de6a.jpg

SAM_3851_zpsf69b276b.jpg

SPITE!

SAM_3795_zps70fbe2d1.jpg

I honestly don’t know how I could’ve **** ed it up this badly, but at the same time can’t see how/why RCDB would’ve been updated after my visit with such old pictures.

Since I was there anyway, with no real plan for the rest of the afternoon, I decided to take a look at the zoo. It was the most vile, depressing place I’ve ever been to in my life. I’m kind of loathe to even post pictures, but I think people should see it really.

Like other Chinese zoos, they had huge enclosures for animals that really didn’t need them, and then ridiculously small, bare cages for animals that need more space and stimulation.

SAM_3798_zps235c7d04.jpg

SAM_3813_zps00484ca9.jpg

The hippo enclosure was really small, and absolutely filthy.

SAM_3814_zps58c69b18.jpg

SAM_3820_zps69b40661.jpg

Obviously, the grim weather isn’t helping the look of this place. The truth is that as a park, rather than a zoo, it would be gorgeous since it’s huge, has lots of lakes and ponds and is very green.

I’m just realising that I took a lot fewer photos at this place than I’d thought. Again, the panda enclosure was just a concrete shed. I’ll be fair and point out that there was a small, grassy outside area as well; the pandas just weren’t using it.

SAM_3849_zpse7542d1d.jpg

I just find it so incredibly strange that a lot of Chinese zoos just shove pandas in any old craphole enclosure. Sure, they’re no different to other bears in terms of their needs, but when they’re viewed as a real national treasure, and the restrictions/demands placed on foreign zoos who borrow/rent them are so ridiculously high, it reeks of double standards.

Another common sight in Chinese zoos is that you’ll see some big cats, and other large carnivores, with access to large, outdoor enclosures:

SAM_3825_zpsa76b9f6c.jpg

While others are just stuck in tiny concrete cages with no access to those areas.

SAM_3833_zps69542fc4.jpg

SAM_3835_zps5797584d.jpg

SAM_3844_zpsb6baced8.jpg

I don’t know what this was about as there was nobody else around, but for £1 something would happen with these big cats. I’m assuming it’ll be something like being able to throw a bit of meat at them or something, but I’ve really got no idea.

SAM_3828_zps6a18478e.jpg

The absolute worst thing though was an albino bear – not a polar bear, an albino brown bear – which the park were obviously really proud of as they had a lot of signs up. The animal has clearly gone completely insane though. Seriously, don’t watch this if you get easily distressed.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78GX7smz3_s&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

I really wish I had just called it a day when I realised the amusement park was closed, instead of genuinely upsetting myself by going into the zoo section. I was basically taken in by the really nice setting, but as far as the animal enclosures go, it’s by far the worst I’ve ever seen.

Anyway, after leaving the park I had a massive ballache trying to get out of the area. I hadn’t realised, but from around 3pm, it’s basically impossible to get a taxi for a couple of hours. ALL of the taxi drivers change shifts at exactly the same time, meaning that they switch on their “occupied” light and don’t pick anybody up as they’re supposed to get back to base. Some taxis would stop and take people if they were going in the same direction, but it was impossible for me to do this.

I wanted to go to one of the famous tourist sites in Wuhan, the Yellow Crane Tower, but it was pretty far away, meaning that no drivers were heading that way. I gave up that tactic after about 20 minutes, and tried to get a taxi back to the hotel. There were absolutely loads of taxis coming past, but literally all on a shift change, and only about one in twenty even slowed down to see where I was heading.

After having no luck trying to get to the hotel, I thought I’d try getting back to Zhongshan Park since I had that printed out in Chinese, it wasn’t too far, and there was a Metro station there that I could use to get back. Again, nothing. It was just the most absolutely ridiculous system I’ve ever come across. Granted, it’s a quiet part of the day in terms of getting passengers, but to have every driver in an enormous city change shifts at the exact same time is nothing short of **** ing retarded. I was kind of annoyed at myself for not knowing the word for Metro, since getting to any station would’ve been fine, and a lot of those drivers would definitely be driving past one.

After an hour of trying to get a taxi, not just from outside the zoo, but from multiple busy roads near it, I decided to just cut my losses and walk to the nearest Metro station, which was 45 minutes away. It was raining again by this point, which added to my enjoyment. Obviously, if I’d known that getting a taxi was going to be so impossible at that time I would’ve just walked straight away, but there was just no way of knowing.

The walk itself could’ve been quite nice if the weather hadn’t been so gross. There were proper, wide cycle paths and pedestrian footpaths which were set off from the main roads with trees. It’s a shame the weather was so crap really.

SAM_3854_zpsf4349b51.jpg

SAM_3855_zps5b64a3b7.jpg

SAM_3856_zps4d4200e9.jpg

By the time I finally got back to the hotel it was around 5pm, the weather was still crap and I just couldn’t be **** ed to do anything.

So yeah, the day was a bit of a bust really. I just got three new coasters, but spent the whole day to get them. Wuhan seemed a lot nicer than Chongqing at least – there’s lots of lakes and green space – but the weather and the difficulties in getting a taxi just put a real s**tter over the whole day.

I also didn't get any time the next day to see anything of the city, which was a bit disappointing. If I'd have known then what I know now, I probably wouldv'e taken a day off Chongqing and spent it in Wuhan instead.

Anyway, next up: Happy Valley Wuhan

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Re: Wuhan PTR - Day 1: Waste of a Day!

**** love this!

SAM_3740_zps9e2cf658.jpg

Anything that is a variation of an apple coaster is a winner in my eyes.

Good report, Gavin, but it needs a bit more Thorpe Park.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Re: Wuhan PTR - Day 1: Waste of a Day!

^ Yeah, I was thinking that.

201052416341_saw-ride1-560x420.jpg

The next day the weather was a lot better, so despite it being a weekend, I decided to brave Happy Valley. It turns out that it wasn’t too bad at all. Before I got there though, I called in at a small park that was just a ten-minute taxi ride away. I got there for ten as that seems to be when most of these places tend to start running their rides.

Wuhan Peace Park

You’ll be shocked to find out that this place was yet another “normal” park with an amusement park section. You’ll also be shocked at the unique coaster selection.

SAM_3857_zps169d2737.jpg

SAM_3859_zps364ad341.jpg

SAM_3861_zpsd8ba47d9.jpg

SAM_3862_zps1688c2cf.jpg

SAM_3866_zps171cbab0.jpg

SAM_3870_zpsf404643e.jpg

They had an actual dark ride as opposed to a crappy walkthrough. I didn’t try it though as I was literally just there to grab the creds and get to Happy Valley as quickly as possible.

SAM_3874_zpsb3b3e371.jpg

They also had one of the horrendous Top Spin knockoffs that I’d tried in Chengdu. This one looked a lot newer, but I wasn’t going to put myself through that again.

SAM_3867_zps3692f764.jpg

They didn’t want to go to the effort of turning the water pumps on on the log flume.

SAM_3865_zps3073941c.jpg

SAM_3879_zps1fba8615.jpg

The coasters were just the usual combination of Powered Dragon and Jungle Mouse. Awesome.

SAM_3877_zpsa5143511.jpg

SAM_3868_zps7dbdac8a.jpg

SAM_3869_zpsfb12cd30.jpg

So yeah, creds were quickly grabbed, I was out by about quarter past ten and got to Happy Valley about 10-15 minutes later.

Happy Valley Wuhan

This is one of the most amazing things to see right at a park entrance:

SAM_3882_zps78dcb202.jpg

OCT Thrust SSC1000 opened this year and is a mirror clone of Bullet Coaster at Happy Valley Shenzhen. They’re both air-launch coasters from S&S, and they’re amazing.

SAM_3888_zps5bfdec0e.jpg

SAM_3890_zps8e0212b3.jpg

SAM_3891_zpsaafab922.jpg

I went straight to it, only to find a sign saying that it was open from 11-4; it was about 10:40 by this point. There was nobody waiting to join the queue, so I decided to quickly grab Monte Carlo Racetrack, which was right next to it and was a walk-on.

SAM_3893_zpsbf958867.jpg

SAM_3899_zpsab2d8e60.jpg

I assumed that this was a Vekoma Mine Train, since three other parks in the chain have them, but it turns out that it’s a Golden Horse knockoff, which just adds more fuel to the speculation that Vekoma and Happy Valley have had some kind of issues with each other.

SAM_3900_zpsa53d428f.jpg

SAM_3901_zpsfc83dbe2.jpg

After the coaster, I went back to the entrance of the S&S launcher, getting to the front of the queue just as they started testing it.

SAM_3896_zps86dd1f4c.jpg

Seeing the train testing brought a bunch more people over, but I held my position and got on the first train of the day, in the front row.

20140522_191913_zpsdvsicour.jpg

Operations were slow, with the ride ops waiting to clear the station completely before letting the next batch of people up, but at least they weren’t doing the bull **** exercises that Shenzhen do for their model. There wasn’t much of a queue, so I jumped straight back in for a couple more goes. It took an hour to get the three rides in, which was a lot longer than it should have done based on the number of people in the queue, but it was worth it seeing as I’d waited close to two hours for one ride in Shenzhen.

SAM_3905_zpse08dbd41.jpg

SAM_3907_zpsf9d82ee4.jpg

SAM_3908_zpsd66d04f0.jpg

I think I’d have to say that these are probably my favourite launch coasters. The launch itself isn’t quite up to Dodonpa standards as it doesn’t reach the same speed, but the sensation is very similar since you hit the top speed almost instantly. The layout after the launch is great though, with an amazing first drop (225 feet into a tunnel) and plenty of airtime on the other hills. There’s a bit of an uncomfortable snap going through the final helix which I hadn’t noticed before, but it’s nothing major and doesn’t stop it from being a top-notch coaster.

A quick look over the lake:

SAM_3910_zps8ed19534.jpg

The park had the typical “Happy Time” area that all the other Happy Valley parks have – the ones I’ve been to at least – with the standard collection of flat rides and a double shot/drop tower combination.

SAM_3913_zpsfc69fc47.jpg

SAM_3934_zps617471ae.jpg

SAM_4079_zps4e396dfa.jpg

SAM_4072_zps3ceedaad.jpg

SAM_3936_zps7533daad.jpg

SAM_3943_zpsd464bab0.jpg

What was different about this version of the area was that they’d squeezed in a Maurer launched X-Car coaster, calling it Familyco Express, which looked really weird stuffed into a kiddy area.

SAM_3915_zps19193d7e.jpg

SAM_3919_zpsb7e7c17f.jpg

SAM_3920_zpsbc27ddfe.jpg

SAM_3921_zpseed0e2a0.jpg

It’s a clone of Formule-X at Drievliet in The Netherlands, but it was just really weird how differently the two are presented. At Drievliet, it’s their major coaster, whereas here it was basically hidden behind a bunch of kiddy crap. It stayed walk-on all day though which was great as I’d just hop on for another ride whenever I went past. I think Formule-X sends around two cars connected together, whereas this version just sent single cars.

SAM_3923_zps706d2530.jpg

SAM_3925_zpsac2417b2.jpg

SAM_3929_zpsc55d5d40.jpg

There were two horror walkthroughs very close to each other. As is usual at the Happy Valley parks, they were **** ing dreadful. One of them had a couple of decent sets, but for the most part they were just filled with the standard, cheap animatronics and random blasts of air.

SAM_3940_zps8bf81fff.jpg

SAM_3946_zps7a1df3bc.jpg

There was another walkthrough right next to the X-Car, which I didn’t try until near the end of the day, but I’ll put in here now. I had no idea what it actually was, and just figured that it would be a kiddy play area or something.

SAM_3930_zps3fd4d069.jpg

But no, it was a walkthrough. I never usually take pictures inside walkthroughs as it’s annoying for other people, but since I was by myself it didn’t matter, and I HAD TO since Kids’ Magicland was absolutely horrendous!

SAM_4081_zps3f7e6b7b.jpg

SAM_4085_zpsf2656159.jpg

It wouldn’t be a Happy Valley park without a huge water splash thing. This one was themed exactly the same as the one in Shenzhen.

SAM_3950_zpsf581f39a.jpg

SAM_4071_zpsea530dc1.jpg

The rapids ride followed the Chinese tradition of not being very good, but relying on spraying craploads of water at you.

SAM_4010_zpsd47d7660.jpg

SAM_4062_zps19345f28.jpg

I’ve always wondered how Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie find the time to sit for these portraits. Every time I’ve seen one of these “artists” at a theme park or on a crappy seaside pier, it seems that Brad and Angie have modelled for them.

SAM_4074_zps7b46864e.jpg

This was a new one on me. I’ve seen a bunch of these sombrero things, but never with suspended, outward-facing seats.

SAM_4021_zps97acf1f5.jpg

I can’t remember seeing a Tagada at a Happy Valley park before. It really cheapened the place to be honest since they’re the sort of thing you find in all the crappy city parks.

SAM_4020_zpsdce24f54.jpg

This was the only ride which was closed. No big loss:

SAM_4019_zps8687b19d.jpg

I already knew that the Maurer Skyloop had been SBNO for a while. I don’t know the exact details, but from what I can make out another park with one of these had some major issue with it – a cracked axle or something – so the Chinese government ordered them all to be shut down until they get to the root of the problem. This seems strange since we know that Chinese parks are totally unsafe and there’s no health and safety legislation whatsoever.

SAM_3952_zps63266e9f.jpg

SAM_3957_zps94867693.jpg

The coaster right behind the Sky Loop was the one, along with the S&S at the same park and the Mega-Lite a week earlier, that I’d been most looking forward to on this trip.

SAM_3956_zpsf92d23c0.jpg

Dauling Dragon, China’s first/only duelling woodie, designed by Gravity Group.

SAM_3958_zps4b93aac5.jpg

Clearly the name is a spelling mistake, and elsewhere in the park they’ve actually spelled it properly. To be honest, I think that the coaster sites should actually use the name that was clearly intended for it, rather than focussing on a misspelled ride sign.

SAM_4012_zps853972cf.jpg

The queues were huge:

SAM_3960_zps68340031.jpg

There actually was a bit of a queue in the actual station, probably 2-3 trains worth; they were just keeping a few people back until that went down slightly.

I **** ing KNEW, what with it being a Crappy Valley park, that they’d only be running one side. It didn’t stop me from being pretty pissed off about it though, as it totally negates the whole point of the **** ing coaster.

SAM_3963_zpsf0be598a.jpg

SAM_3967_zps1e9eeb7c.jpg

SAM_3969_zpsb5d00a40.jpg

I thought at first that it was because the park was quiet, but I honestly don’t think they’ve run the other side for quite a while. There was a second red train on the operating side, but just one, covered train on the other, which suggests that on really busy day they might, just might with it being Happy Valley, stick another train on the same side rather than run both. Also, the walkway that led up to the other side was filthy and rusting; it really looked like it hadn’t been used for a very long time.

SAM_3985_zps90d4a4cf.jpg

SAM_4047_zps0a4b79ae.jpg

Onto the ride then. This is the woodie with the “High Five” element, where the two trains are supposed to bank sharply towards each other, giving the impression that you can almost high-five the people on the other train. Obviously, Happy Valley have missed this point completely. It’s also not easy to get a decent picture of it as you can only see it from the side from off-ride. It comes right after the first drop, which I was surprised about since I’d had it in my head that it came later in the layout.

SAM_3977_zpsdbf204bd.jpg

SAM_3979_zps55405f30.jpg

SAM_3973_zps6c000f2e.jpg

The first drop and high-five are brilliant. The high five is quite a bit lower than the first drop, so because you’re going so fast into it, you get a weird sideways ejector airtime from it. There are a couple of decent hills/drops after that, but it really dies a death at the end. Also, it shakes more than Michael J. Fox during an earthquake, which I found surprising. “Rough” is the wrong word, but it sure as s**t wasn’t smooth.

I rode the skytower mostly to get some pictures. Like most things, it was walk-on or I may not have bothered.

SAM_3987_zps2d0eaf5c.jpg

SAM_3989_zps74b2b637.jpg

SAM_3991_zpsbb2f42f1.jpg

SAM_3992_zps82308b8e.jpg

SAM_3993_zps6aca7432.jpg

SAM_3994_zps93605a45.jpg

SAM_4000_zps26eef00d.jpg

SAM_4001_zps2eba6175.jpg

SAM_4003_zps46784ac7.jpg

SAM_4004_zps1964dbeb.jpg

I just missed some sort of animal show by a few minutes, but right next to the arena, you could pay to have your picture taken with one of the animals from the show. It was just the typical parrots, birds of prey, snakes …

And a F**KING RED PANDA!!!!!

SAM_4026_zps5d59f608.jpg

SAM_4030_zps6b676f34.jpg

SAM_4033_zpsbd173a94.jpg

Have some more pictures of the S&S, just because it’s amazing.

SAM_4034_zpscf753106.jpg

SAM_4038_zps829b908e.jpg

There was a stunt show that I watched, and got annoyed with.

SAM_4045_zps7fffd914.jpg

I can’t remember what time exactly I saw it now; I just know that the show didn’t actually start until half an hour after it was actually advertised. This guy was so perplexed by the whole debacle that he forgot how to wear his hat properly.

SAM_4050_zpse35dc573.jpg

The show itself wasn’t very good, so I was annoyed that I’d lost almost about 45 minutes out of my day including waiting for it to start. Still, at least with the park being so quiet it didn’t really matter too much.

SAM_4052_zpsae2c7b59.jpg

SAM_4055_zpsc465151d.jpg

SAM_4058_zps91ad01a9.jpg

SAM_4060_zps5f5a1d3d.jpg

Remebering that the S&S (can’t be arsed to type the name of it out) was closing at four, I jumped in the queue at about ten to and waited about 15 minutes for my fourth and final ride. I’m tempted to pop back over to Shenzhen soon just to get a couple of rides in on their model; it’s totally worth the effort. Shenzhen’s looks a bit nicer as well, with the mountain backdrop and snow theme.

That’s one thing I haven’t mentioned actually. Happy Valley Wuhan had next to no theming whatsoever, which is in total contrast to the other parks I’ve been to. It also had a few more knock-off rides than the others as well. Despite the S&S being fantastic, and the single-train duelling woodie being very good, I have to say that overall it’s my least favourite Happy Valley park. There’s just a real air of cheapness about the place, which sounds stupid since they’ve got some multi-million dollar coasters and absolutely loads of other rides, but it just all felt a bit Carowinds.

On the way out, I saw a queue for something that was about to start, so joined it.

SAM_4092_zpsc334c557.jpg

It was another show, which again started half an hour later than the sign said it would. It was in a really weird venue though.

SAM_4093_zps19c75f60.jpg

The seating wasn’t raked, and was just a bunch of chairs lined up in rows. It felt like the sort of place you’d have a wedding reception. I’ve got a feeling that it was originally designed for dinner shows or something, with tables rather than rows of chairs.

SAM_4103_zps66628699.jpg

The show itself, apart from the crappy sightlines because of the seating, was actually pretty major, with loads of different sections and styles of dance/performance. There was even a section of floor that raised up in the middle of the audience to create a catwalk, and a circular section at the end that disappeared into the floor to bring performers up.

SAM_4104_zpsb7bb956f.jpg

SAM_4108_zps57b7c4f8.jpg

SAM_4113_zps09149258.jpg

SAM_4117_zpsc49a6db4.jpg

It could be really good if they sort the seating out, assuming that the show is now a permanent fixture and they don’t use the venue for other things. Oh, they need to edit the **** ing thing as well; it lasted an hour!

Yeah, I was ready to leave, but had an hour and a half tagged on to the end of my day by the time I actually got from there. Still, the day turned out really well for the most part, with the park being quiet and everything being open, except the coaster I knew was closed and the second side of Dauling Dragon, which I knew would be closed.

It was pretty much too late to do anything else by the time I got out of there, and I had a train booked to get me home relatively early the next morning, so I just called it a day.

It’s too bad I didn’t really get to see anything of Wuhan itself; I hate when I’ve been somewhere without actually seeing it properly, but at least Happy Valley was a decent enough park to finish my trip off with, and I managed to get plenty of rides in.

So yeah, that’s my ten-day Easter trip finished off!

Lofty

CF Legend
It really doesn't seem that there's an awful lot at that Happy Valley park, especially seen as there's -1 on the cred list.

SAM_3899_zpsab2d8e60.jpg

I LOVE that train but hate it at the same time, it's just such an eyesore.

Also, that sombrero ride <3

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Yes and no. In terms of coasters, the S&S is totally world class, as is the woodie. Transfer that combo to Europe and you'd all be fapping over it.

True story.

peep

CF Legend
SAM_4030_zps6b676f34.jpg

*Books flights to Wuhan*

Another great trip report. Shame about the Friday being a bit of a let-down but these things happen. Seems strange that all cabbies would just switch at the same time. The S&S cred looks pretty awesome though, after Dodonpa's amazing launch I'd love to ride one of these newer models. Ha, I do love how the little Muarer launch is just plonked into the kids area, over here it'd be one of the top rides, not something hidden away.

Lofty

CF Legend
gavin said:
^ Yes and no. In terms of coasters, the S&S is totally world class, as is the woodie. Transfer that combo to Europe and you'd all be fapping over it.

True story.
Not so much 'you' doll, some of us do also travel out of Europe (although it is a minority) ;)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The S&S looks great! I remember seeing the construction topics for them (both if I remember correctly), but since then they slipped off my radar slightly. It's good to know that they're good rides!

Great report as ever Gavin. :D