What's new

Worst Coaster you've been on

Lofty

CF Legend
Magnus Colossus.

It is just absolutely **** revolting. There's not ONE fun part of the ride.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Kebab said:
Hm... Th13teen is a huge disappointment, and next to it; Rita is a waste of a good launch. Shockwave at Drayton is just dull, short, uncomfortable and far from fun, whereas G-Force didn't deliver in it's name and tried to kill people. Saw: The Ride was fantastic through the first year, now it rides like absolute ****, X://NWO is just pathetic. Big Dipper is diabolically rough, and The Big One is a waste of a great first drop (I prefer Infusion overall).

However, the worst 'coaster' I've been on is this:
5be00g8g46opho2mi81hb0.jpg

How people find this fun I don't know. :?

Other than Rita (and of course X:\NWO), I completely disagree with you on all fronts :lol: Okay, maybe PMBO as well, but when it's not hurting you, it's not actually that bad a ride. It's not good, but it's not bad.

I've almost fallen asleep on Big Dipper, I find it really comfortable and lovely - I've also got a low pain tolerance so I suspect you're made of glass?

If Thirteen was a disappointment, you only have yourself to blame, there was never an secret about the ride and it's actually okay for a family coaster - plus the drop is good fun.

Shockwave again isn't a great ride, but it's again not bad and the zero-g is excellent. Again though, maybe if you've made of glass it's an issue ;)

G-Force? I dislike it, it's too powerful for the restraints, but I say the same about Speed at Oakwood and people like that.

Avalanche is great though. It's too short and finishes just as it's getting going, but it's fun while it lasts. Some high g and I love the swinging out sensation. Great feeling of speed on the direction changes too. Again, it's a family coaster (1.1M limit) and does it really well.

matt80302

Roller Poster
Probibaly the flying fish at Thorpe Park, or Rattlesnake at chessington world of adventures.
the abrupt brakes hurt my spine!

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Ninja at Six Flags Over Georgia is also one of the worst coasters I've ridden. I realize that it probably rides like standard Vekoma fare, but considering it's the only large-scale Vekoma I've ridden, it ranks as one of the most uncomfortable & unenjoyable rides I've done.

Intricks

Strata Poster
madhjsp said:
Ninja at Six Flags Over Georgia is also one of the worst coasters I've ridden. I realize that it probably rides like standard Vekoma fare, but considering it's the only large-scale Vekoma I've ridden, it ranks as one of the most uncomfortable & unenjoyable rides I've done.

I honestly dont understand the hate Ninja gets. It is one of the smoothest Vekomas that I had ridden to date! There was little to no head banging and it was an overall comfy ride. Although my rides were directly after a horrendous woodie and they had just greased the wheels on Ninka as well.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
Kebab said:
Shockwave at Drayton is just dull, short, uncomfortable and far from fun
Short yes, but far from dull ...or even uncomfortable. The first drop is awesome, and it's just one exciting inversion after the next from there on in.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Intricks said:
I honestly dont understand the hate Ninja gets. It is one of the smoothest Vekomas that I had ridden to date! There was little to no head banging and it was an overall comfy ride. Although my rides were directly after a horrendous woodie and they had just greased the wheels on Ninka as well.

As I said, I don't really have anything to compare it to in terms of other Vekomas, but I just remember thinking during the ride that even a typical Arrow looper would have been smoother.

And by "horrendous woodie," surely you aren't referring to Great American Scream Machine? It's not the smoothest coaster either, but I thought it was fast and lots of fun!

Martyn B

CF Legend
madhjsp said:

Thats probably partly to do with that horrific element at the beginning, Goudrix is the same.

Snoo

The Legend
Ninja sucked even when I wasn't well versed in Vekoma hate. It was/is just a despicable creature.

kimahri

CF Legend
Velocity, Followed by I305.

The first corner of I305 is just, Ugh. It's completely made me lose vision completely and gave me an ear ache. Then the rest of the corners redrained the blood from my head and I was never given any sort of relief or remedy or a break or anything until the trim break. That toned it down to fun and enjoyable. It was just too, constant and made it **** and crap.

Velocity is a different story. It wants me dead. I'm sure of it. One time I'm going to go on it and I'm going to exit the ride with a pucture wound and bleed to death...

Intricks

Strata Poster
madhjsp said:
Intricks said:

As I said, I don't really have anything to compare it to in terms of other Vekomas, but I just remember thinking during the ride that even a typical Arrow looper would have been smoother.

And by "horrendous woodie," surely you aren't referring to Great American Scream Machine? It's not the smoothest coaster either, but I thought it was fast and lots of fun!

Yes, I refuse to refer to it by name. **** ate my damn knee caps and left bruising. A first for any coaster for me.

oryp

Roller Poster
I'm going to have to say Ninja at SFoG. It was just painful from beginning to end. Whoever designed that "butterfly" element should be punished.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Is say "worst coaster" has to be something you'd specifically choose to never ride again... I find it hard tp believe half these examples are truly that bad, even in the eyes of those who mentioned them. Are you sure you're not exaggerating, guys?

I can name plenty of coasters which are not good, but bad is hard...

The wooden GASM, and all woodies like it, depend on where you sit. Over the wheel and you'll gave a bad time, but in the middle of the 6 seat cars is fine. In fact id even go as far to say GASM is good. I'm surprised this isn't more widely known about those 6 seat cars.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Joey said:
Is say "worst coaster" has to be something you'd specifically choose to never ride again...

I've sat outside in the rain 45 minutes rather than go on X:\NWO - I would actually specifically choose never to ride it again in protest over how dreadful it is.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I dont know if I've ever been on a coaster SO bad that I would never ride it again...

I'm too much of a sucker, and when ever I go to Thorpe, I always ride X:NWO, because I just think "it wasn't that bad", but every time I come off and say to myself "yeah, it was".

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Martyn B said:
I dont know if I've ever been on a coaster SO bad that I would never ride it again...

I'm too much of a sucker, and when ever I go to Thorpe, I always ride X:NWO, because I just think "it wasn't that bad", but every time I come off and say to myself "yeah, it was".

I eventually realised I was doing that all the time. There's so much else I'd rather be doing than going on that coaster - like looking at dirt - that I just don't see any point in making the effort. It's like going on a Big Apple every time you go to a park, why would you do it?