What's new

Worst (and Best) Day of the Week to Visit Parks?

metalhead7

Mega Poster
I recently got a discount from my school to attend Hersheypark on a friday in July. I've always visited Hershey on monday through thursday, so I've always enjoyed 15 minute or less lines on everything but Storm Runner and Fahrenheit (I assume SkyRush is also an exception). So I was wondering how bad the lines get on Fridays? and is it worth the discount ($20 ticket and free food)?

So back to the original topic, what is your favorite (and least favorite) day to visit a park?

Snoo

The Legend
Depends on the park. I'd agree with above.. I've always been a mid week man and I've only visited on Saturdays on special occasions.

And hey.. you 10 people looking at this topic right now.. why don't you just join and post in this topic? :)

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Mid-week is certainly better. But I would take the discount to go on Friday, no question. Hersheypark tickets aren't too cheap.

Mack

Mega Poster
Saturday is always the worst day to visit a park — it starts off bad, and doesn't let up even at the end of the day because most people have Sunday off of work and school.

On weekdays, even if a day starts off somewhat crowded, people tend to leave early. The park may even clear out mostly a few hours before closing because people have obligations the next day. Sunday is usually more tolerable than Saturday as well, for this reason. My best suggestion is Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. If you must go on a different day, I suggest anything but Saturday.

My "home parks" Cedar Point and Six Flags Magic Mountain both exhibit this — Saturday is horrible. Sunday is tolerable, midweek is much better.

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
Like everyone has said, weekdays are obviously the best. However, once the summer ends and you get into the September and October operating times, Sunday's I have found to be almost dead as well. Saturday is really the only day I would avoid if possible.