What's new

Wooden Dream results!!

A

Anonymous

So the first competition is now completed, the interest were pretty high at first, but the turnout didn't really do it justice, but it was still good seeing that CF haven't had a competition for some time now...

Anyway onto the results!!
The competition were very close for the top spots so there wasn't any clear winner until all the Riders Choice ratings were in. Note that neither Hixee and myself didn't have any clues on who made the tracks, I renamed them before I even had a look at them, and I didn't compile the list on which track belongs to who until the judging were complete, just to make it as fair as possible for everyone.

First: DOWNLOAD

The coaster that came the last isn't really a surprise, but if you look at the bright side you still beat all of them that didn't finished their tracks!!

With 38 points, it's the Ju-long dynasty by Herbinator!!
May the next competition be victorious for you!!

Next up with 98 points...

comes a track that tried to make us dizzy with it's numerous helices...

lets hear it for Error with his Werewolf!!

Then it's time for the top three, and I have to say that it was a really close call between them...

Third!!

with 118 points comes.....

TSAR!!

Made by Rollerdude!

Second is another track that really looked smaller then it really was...

That also had some of the greatest GCI inspired parts...

Blaze with his masterpiece......

Violent hill!!!!

And the winner, winning by only one point, 121/150!!

That gave us the track that just went on and on and on and on...

Give a big round of applauds to Brooks with his track Helios!!

Hixee and I would congratulate all the winners and hope that you participate and good luck in future competitions!!

Finally, Hixee and me have compiled a bit of pointers/comments to each track, I will mail them to you all soon after this have been posted.
I would also like to add that everyone that participate in coming competitions really need to comply to the design Guidelines on their track since it can cost them the win.
I would like to thank every participant for them taking part in this competition and Hixee that were helping me with the scoring.

NOTE: I might sound pretty harsh on my comments, so I'm sorry for that :wink:

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Wow! Congratulations to Brookes and everybody else who entered. It took me a second to realize just how close the top three actually were. 3 points, that's impressive!

Gazza

Giga Poster
Hey Loefet, can you post what letter each track was...Thats what I know them by, and I don't want to re-download to find out which track is which (Well, I guessed the Ju-Long Dynasty was E)

Brookes

Giga Poster
^Don't you mean A?

And wow! Really didn't expect to win after seeing all the other tracks, there were some awesome coasters, it really shows there are some great hand builders on this site. Thanks everyone for your congratulations I appreciate it, and well done to all other entrants for making it such a close comp and creating some great tracks.

Well done to Loefet and Hixee for their first comp, I epsecially like the idea of mailing feedback to the entrants on their coaster, that was really helpful. :)

Again thanks guys, can't wait for the next comp!

PS. loefet do you mind if I post my coaster on other sites such as NL exchange if I credit you for the terraforming?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Like Loefet has said, the top three were very close and it was no easy job scoring them all.

I'd like to say well done to everyone who finished. A lot of people didn't, so it's nice to know that some people did actually put the time and effort in.

Hopefully next time we can get some more entries and these competitions can grow.

A

Anonymous

Gazza:
A Ju-long dynasty
B Helios
C Violent Hill
D Tsar
E WerewolfV3

Brookes:
Well giving feedback is one of those things that makes the coasters better over time, I know that these were a bit blunt, and straight to the point, but I really don't do nice :p
You can do whatever you like with it now, I'll be happy if you give the credit.

^ The top 3 ended up getting the same score from me :) even though they got different scores in the categories...

Blaze

Hyper Poster
First of all, I would like to congratulate Brookes on an amazing ride which easily deserved to win. I am so pleased to have finished second to such a ride, especially to come within 1 point of him, and ahead of another great ride.

I think the top four rides were all fantastic, and if it were smoother and less sharp, and the forces more in check, I'm pretty sure Werewolf would have pushed all the way aswell.

A big pat on the back for everyone involved, including judges (the emailed feedback is a great idea), bring on the next one :D

PS. I'd love to see the riders choice results on their own, both collectively and each individual rating, as well as the points breakdown.