What's new

Wooden Dream, NoLimits Competition

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
Oh, just thought of something: what's the maximum speed for the lift hill? As in, does it have to be realistic, or can I have a Hulk-esque style lift-launch?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^I doubt it. You'll have to double check with Loefet, but I would say conventional lifts only for this one.

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
Oh, in addition, the minimum speed thing is between the end of the first drop and the brake run. Does that mean that I can't add a pre-lift section? This is kind of important for the idea I have.

A

Anonymous

^ Uncle Arly is right.

Ingested Banjo said:
Oh, just thought of something: what's the maximum speed for the lift hill? As in, does it have to be realistic, or can I have a Hulk-esque style lift-launch?
Since friction wheels and lims are banned and only Intamin makes a high-speed chain lift, then standard lift it is...

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Hmm, this is a lot harder than what you first think, means a standard airtime hill is out of question unless it's spread out as it can't drop below 28mph.

A

Anonymous

At first I had thoughts about making the competition a "max X meters off the ground" competition and the minimum speed were higher.
Good thing I didn't since that would have made this competition almost impossible...

herbinator I got your mail...

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
Just to confirm, the roller coaster doesn't actually have to be travelling at >28mph as it leaves the lift chain, but before it does any elements it has to reach 28 and keep that speed?

Lain

Giga Poster
I might give this a go.

I haven't played NL for aaaages, but this looks like a bit of fun. :)

I might have missed it written somewhere, but are there any rules regarding building stuff in the water?

A

Anonymous

^^ Yeah after the train have left the lift hill and reached 28 mph then it may not go slower until hit hit's the final brakes. So the lift may be a lot slower if you want and yes you can build "elements" between the lift and the point where the coaster have reached the minimum speed.

^ Cool, Lain is here :)

Nothing specified about the water, so if you want to be really boring then you may build the entire thing over water, the excitement score might plummet though...

A

Anonymous

^^ I might have misread some of your posts (you are now removed)...

^ Do you mean like MCBRs?
It clearly states from the first drop to the final brakes, the train must go faster than 28 mph (no exceptions)...
See it like the bus in the movie Speed :)

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Is there a height limit? Because hitting 1525 metres is no challenge when the coaster is 100 metres tall.
Even the 70 metres up to the steel beams give plenty of speed for kilometres on end...

A

Anonymous

^ Ooops....
Noticed that I wrote a bit wrong in the rules, it should have been under the blue limit. :oops:
But that's what you get for not proof reading :) Go for whatever you seems fit.

Brookes

Giga Poster
What are the g-force minimums and maximums for the safety part of the marking? As some people base it on colours and others on numbers etc. so just wanted this to be cleared up.