What's new

WindSeeker Opinions

A

Anonymous

The WindSeeker ride is new to three parks next year:
-Cedar Point
-Kings Island
-Knott's Berry Farm

It is essentially a 301 ft tower that you sit in a car with a partner, there 32 cars with a total of 64 people. The cars travel at 30 mph at a 45 degree angle. The ride has an estimated time of 3 min. What are your opinions of the ride, fun, scary, boring, ect?

CPcisco

Mega Poster
Seeing as they are all at a height of 0 ft at the moment, I don't think they are very thrilling. Why don't we wait till the rides open so that we can ride them and then form opinions about them?

rickydoodle

Roller Poster
I think the most interesting topic of discussion would be how the Windseeker will compare to the alleged cancelled StarFlyer installation.

The height of the Windseeker is impressive but the ride vehicles are going to be nowhere as thrilling as the swings would have been.

I think this is the safer option, but it will be less thrilling. The terror of sitting in a swing at that height is lost when sat in a hefty ride vehicle, surely.

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster
Windseeker=great

Frist of all, Windseeker is taller than all but four roller coasters in the Unites States at 301 feet. Imagine being over 300 feet in the air for atleast one minute. When Riding Millennium Force, you are that high for a few seconds. Windseeker should be a hit. :--D cool)

herbinator

Mega Poster
^ Although, height isn't everything. My favourite ride isn't the highest I have been on.

If your scared of heights, this will be scary, possibly to a point were some won't enjoy it. I think it would be hell!

if your not scared of heights yet you don't like views, this will just be dull.

I reckon it will have a small-ish audience so won't be that good. But then again there is almost nothing backing me up.

rickydoodle

Roller Poster
There are plenty of observation decks and towers at that height - I just see it as the next step up. I don't think comparing it to a coaster is very wise?

I dunno how I feel about them to be honest. When they were announced I thought they were like, super lame, but now that I think about it, they'd probably scare me. Being up on a 300 foot lift scares me so being up that high for a long duration might be exciting. Although after riding Insanity in Vegas, nothing can be that scary :p .

Snoo

The Legend
^Agreed. Everything up there was just insane.. but this will have a good thrill I bet but nothing to write home to your mother.

This does add to the great array of flats at many of these parks.. stunningly good tbh. Six Flags needs to catch up.

^ Yah, especially Wonderland, I think they have an insane lineup of interesting flats, and this only adds to that. Six Flags definitely lacks in that department.

But yah, everyone on the Stratosphere was nuts, which proves that even if you have a tame ride like I expect the Windseekers to be, adding a height like that can definitely make it more thrilling.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Frickin' Sweet Dude! Totes!

As far as Cedar Point goes, a complaint the park receives is the lack of thrill rides, which WindSeeker will help fill.

But the best opinions will come once people are able to ride the rides. I imagine it will be a fun ride.

Lofty

CF Legend
If it's as thrilling as any Star Flyer, you'll be seriously bored. The height becomes boring after about 30 seconds and you just wish for it to end. Well, I did anyway, I know the one I rode was a lot lett in height than this, but still, it was just pretty dull.