What's new

Willowside Park

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
History

Willowside was the name once given to a large industrial park in the area, and home to one of the largest food manufacturers in the country. Unfortunately, the company was bought out, and production moved to the USA.

Standing derelict and abandoned, the industrial estate was left to rot for many years....until recently. Futura Entertainments have expressed an interest in this golden plot of land, and hope to transform the area into a major theme park soon.

Shot0807.jpg

Shot0808.jpg

Shot0810.jpg

Shot0814.jpg

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Sounds exciting! Are you going to keep all the buildings and use them as stations buildings, theming and others or destroy them (which would render the making of them pointless)

Also, will the park have a general theme?

Anyway, shouldn't be too inquisitive, as you'll probably keep it quiet to build up the excitement. :--D

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
Thanks Chris!

I plan on creating an entirely new park with themed areas (just like AT). I have some good (albeit different) ideas with regards to rides and themeing.

:)

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
^^Unfortuently, my name isn't actually Chris! (I don't know where you got that from!)

Anyway, names aside, if you can create a scenario with such detail, then I've got high hopes for the park itself.

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
CoasterCrazy said:
^^Unfortuently, my name isn't actually Chris! (I don't know where you got that from!)

Anyway, names aside, if you can create a scenario with such detail, then I've got high hopes for the park itself.

Oops, sorry about that. I was talking to a Chris at the time of writing :oops:

I'm thinking of creating a steampunk area within the park. It won't be easy, but I like a challenge :)

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
Hi, I'm Joe Williams, theme park fan and future employee here at Willowside Entertainments. It has been a long few months, but the former industrial area has now been completely bulldozed and cleared away.

Work has now started on several major installations, so let's have a look...

First up, I can confirm that a B&M inverted coaster is currently under construction to the east of the park entrance area. The ride will be called Gale Force and feature four inversions: A vertical loop, zero g roll and two corkscrews. It doesn't look like the ride will be long, however, the intense experience and extensive themeing will hopefully make up for that.

The ride logo
GaleForce.jpg

A view of the coaster from the main car park
Shot0824.jpg

I'm not sure what this park area will be called just yet, although there is also a Screamin' Swing (which incidentally has already been built, and was being tested earlier this afternoon).

And now we come to the last ride (which I am very excited about). Mission is the park's very first dark ride, and features a top scan enclosed in a space-themed room. I was treated to a tour of this ride today, and managed to grab a shot:
Shot0818.jpg

I'm told that various effects will be added later on, so I can't wait to see how this will ride.

That's about all for now. I'll post more updates soon.

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
^ There's actually very little there in terms of the industrial buildings. Believe it or not, you're only looking at two walls (notice how I didn't include any overhead shots?).

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
Hi, Joe Williams here. We're just a few weeks away from the park's grand opening, and everyone is busy with the final preparations here at Willowside.

The construction work on Gale Force has now been completed, and today we were putting the ride through its paces. I managed to grab some shots at the staff training event earlier...

I love this view of the ride from the express car park. The entire layout is visible and very imposing:
Shot0842.jpg

The ride entrance area and ORP hut
Shot0853.jpg

The queueline and station
Shot0856.jpg

Shot0867.jpg

Now I don't want to give too much away, but we have a total of seven rides, including two coasters. The other coaster looks to be a Gertslauer spinning model, and is situated at the far end of the park.

Well that's it for now. I'll see you on opening day!

Shot0863.jpg

Behind the scenes
Shot0864.jpg

Shot0864.jpg

Snoo

The Legend
Gale looks ok.. but some portions look a bit drawn out for such a small ride. Shoulda made it more Batmanish IMO.

scw55

Hyper Poster
By the way, you interior Topspin inspired me to add a:
Topspin in a courtyard in my Context entry (Winter's Palace). Near-misses of ornimental archers are always fun.
Also, to put a Flatride in a building. I stupidly chose the Claw of Doom. The air clearance needed was huge, so the building it contained was huge. I liked to think that it was a Prison for another entity of The Island. Like a mini-Nemesis. But minus the amazing scenery and blood.

So thank you for letting me steal an idea.