What's new

Why Efteling is awesome.

nadroJ

CF Legend
They've added some new effects to a few of the 'spooky' attractions after dark. Take a looky.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJG7wn7jZs0&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFwtkAKnzks&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Ben

CF Legend
That Villa Volta one is AMAZING. I've literally never seen anything that awesome before.

And how cool would the top one be in Dark Forest?

AJ

Giga Poster
I'd already seen the Villa Volta one a while ago on their facebook. But just to comment, it's amazing. Eftelling is amazing. <3

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I LOVE those projection mapping things or whatever they're called. I'd never thought of how they could be used in theme parks, which is stupid really; it seems like such an obvious application

The Villa Volta thing is absolutely incredible!

Josh73

Giga Poster
I saw something like Villa Volta when I went on vacation. It's way more mind-blowing in real life.

Lofty

CF Legend
3d Projection Mapping is actually incredible, The Villa Volta one is actually one of the best I've seen implemented at a park. It's astounding.

Ollie

CF Legend
gavin said:
I'd never thought of how they could be used in theme parks, which is stupid really; it seems like such an obvious application
Quite a few places have done it. Disney do it in Florida and Hong Kong. They did it on the castle at night every night before and after the fireworks. Also Universal used it for one of their scare zones at Halloween Horror Nights this year.
That Villa Volta one is AMAZING though and probably the best examples of 3D mapping I've seen.

Martyn B

CF Legend
^ And DLP used it for the opening of ToT;

25-totspectacular-01.jpg

Yup, its pretty awsome stuff.

STC

Mega Poster
Martyn B said:

25-totspectacular-01.jpg

To be honest that looks more like just a projection on a building to me. I imagine video mapping means the projections have to correspond to permanent features and the shape of the building.

Another good example is the current night-time show at Hotel Colosseo, Europa Park.

Lofty

CF Legend
STC said:
Martyn B said:

25-totspectacular-01.jpg

To be honest that looks more like just a projection on a building to me. I imagine video mapping means the projections have to correspond to permanent features and the shape of the building.

Another good example is the current night-time show at Hotel Colosseo, Europa Park.

Nah, the TOT one was mapping. Including lightning etc.