What's new

Who is the most innovative rollercoaster manufacturer?

Who is the most innovative rollercoaster manufacturer?

• Intamin

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • B&M

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Vekoma

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mack rides

• S&S Power

• Gerstlauer

• Maurer Söhne

• Total voters

Coastermaniac94

Mega Poster
Which manufacturer do you think shows more innovation then any other manufacturer in a positive way?

Im going to vote Intamin judging their designs in the UK. They appear to be willing to build anything unlike other manufacturers like B&M who refuse to build launch coasters.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Vekoma -

They pioneered the launch cable with Space Mountain @ DLP.
They have a whacky Tilt Coaster.
First to successfully pull off a Flying Coaster.
Best Mine trains hehee :D

A

Anonymous

^ About the launch cable, wasn't Schwarzkopf first with a launch?

I would say Intamin, since they are the ones that have made the most different types of coaster, pushed the limits of coaster design (breaking records) and aren't afraid to try something new.

Also Coastermaniac B&M will do launch coasters, there were one in the pipeline recent for Tivoli Gardens but got scrapped due to the recession, but since the economy have recovered quite a bit it could mean that it hopefully will be on again...

Mr. X

Roller Poster
Right now I think Intamin is the most innovative since their more recent coasters tend to have more unique layouts than just inversion after inversion.

Ben

CF Legend
^No park is going to ask a company to build them a specific type when there's other companies that already provide it, Intamin would have to go out with the Flyer and be like "HAI GUYS, LOOK WHAT WE HAVE" before that.

Coastermaniac94

Mega Poster
^my point is Intamin IMO are willing to make anything for the dosh $, yes flyers are out there but Intamin could make one if a park requested (<example)

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Gotta go for Intamin just for the fact that they offer so much.

Vekoma offer a lot as well, but nobody seems to be willing to experiment with their variety, we'll say.

jokerman

Giga Poster
^^Why would a park ask Intamin to build a flyer though if they don't already build them, and B&M have already had success with them?

Overall I have to say Vekoma. They have consistently been making good coasters for years.

Coastermaniac94

Mega Poster
^I read your post and ur right about the fact that Intamin would need to build a design before other tried and tested manufacturers but it was just an example and a bad one :( It just seems Intamin are prepared to design anything :D

OfficialAltonTowers

Roller Poster
I must admit that im a B&M Whore, and their track just looks so sexy and big, but i still need to go for intamin, Ok vekoma make brilliant prototypes, but intamin are the most "innovative" with the idea and will apply their knowledge base to any area of their designs like if you want a launched kiddy coaster, intamin can/will facilitate it to the best of their abilities, whereas Vekoma will offer a set way of doing it, in a pre fab manor, but to those who forget, B&M Poineered Inverts, Standup, Floorless, Popper -comfy- flying (none of this lay down crap), and drop coasters, so they have got a lot of things to put their names to in 20 years

KDGrizzly4Life

Mega Poster
I picked GCI. I love wooden coasters and what they do for the near rebirth of Wooden Coasters since the 90's is fantastic. They have breathed new life into an otherwise dry category of coasters. I cannot wait to ride a Thunderhead!