What's new

White Lightning [Complete, No DL yet]

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
With all this White Lightning talk going around, I decided to take a shot at my own White Lightning. This one's a dive machine though. I'm also trying to prove that dive machines aren't all about the drop, and can have multiple inversions and extended layouts in a compact space. I'm still working on the track, but here's a bit of what I have:

WhiteLightning-090818153118000.jpg

New computer...gotta love those FPS ;)

RCF

Strata Poster
Looks good from that angle. The track color makes me think of like, a Greek type theme.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
The drop looks too straight, if you get what I mean?

In the following picture, you can see it goes vertical, but it looks curvy, yours looks as if it is literally just straight.

p11845.jpg

I know it is supposed to be, it just looks as if it snaps into the vertical bit with no sort of lead-in.

Ali

Mega Poster
I agree with Uncle Arly, I think that the absoloute vertical part shouldn't be as long and be about a thrid of the way down the drop. If that makes sense? :?

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I believe I fixed it:

WhiteLightning-090821160853000.jpg

I also changed the colors a bit, and I have the ride done up until the mid course brakes. Now I need to do something creative.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
That looks a lot better. Tnis is gonna make it sound like I'm just ripping it out of your ride (I'm really not) but the Immelmann looks like it inverts too much at the apex. I'm just trying to help, ha.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Here's another screenshot:

WhiteLightning-090827121205000.jpg

I've added a dive loop and a hill after the second drop. The water splash and final turns and hills are next.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Triple post...

Supports are rising quickly:

WhiteLightning-090829131109000.jpg

WhiteLightning-090831224915000.jpg

Do you think I should make the supports a bit darker?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Possibly a little bit, but you don't want to get them to the murky yellow stage, that'd look really bad. :lol:

Just out of interest really, have you got a brake section in the water splash?

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
^I do have a brake section in the water splash. It barely slows down the train, and I don't think I'm going to touch it. It's working like it should.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Yeah, I was just wondering for realism purposes.

On thing I have noticed is that the chain return intersects with two supports on the lift hill. Not sure if this is intentional or not.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
^Yep. It's supposed to be like this:

p14088.jpg

EDIT: One more screenshot before the ride is released:

WhiteLightning-090902224831000.jpg

Brookes

Giga Poster
Pretty good overall, great layout loved the immelamns and the dive loop, plus the colour scheme looked cool, mostly smooth apart from a few bumps. The problem was the shaping of the vertical drops weren't right, the transition into them was too tight and the track shouldn't go straight, it should be more curved. Overall, 7.5/10.