What's new

Which manufacturer has the smoothest coasters?

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
^I agree completely to Raging Bull and BTR. Despite being 17 and 24 respectively, they both are smoother than other, younger rides in the park(I'm looking at you Dark Knight...)

_koppen

Hyper Poster
Manufacturing technology have come so far now so today most manufacturers can produce a great smooth ride. If the ride keep being smooth or not more comes down to the maintenance of the wheel assembly and the wheels themselves.

A few manufacturers excel more than others though and can achieve what we call a glass smooth coaster. Intamin, Mack and B&M are the ones to beat in this area. Sure Gerstlauer, Maurer, S&S etc builds smooth rides but it's rarely on the same level as the above mentioned.

But even with great maintenance a ride will never stay smooth forever, that would require new wheels in a pace that is not economically justifiable. That's why even B&M's gets a tiny bit of rattle after a few years.

When enthusiasts speaks of smooth coasters they usually refers to a ride that only rattles a little bit. A glass smooth ride only exists when they are new.

trav1089

Roller Poster
B&M, minus stand ups are the smoothest. Arguably too smooth, with the wing coaster really pushing that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk