What's new

Wher To Go This Year (UK Based)

Nicky

Hyper Poster
All I remember about the Ultimate is pure pain. There is a certain limit where you don't enjoy being thrown around and the Ultimate sails straight past that limit.

Benson1997

Roller Poster
I sort of agree. The seating could be a little more padded, but you have to admit its a pretty awsome coaster... :--D

herbinator

Mega Poster
That might be interesting for me later this year then, I havnt been on many coasters, and the roughest so far was rattlesnake! :shock:

Is it really that rough?

Nicky

Hyper Poster
herbinator said:
That might be interesting for me later this year then, I havnt been on many coasters, and the roughest so far was rattlesnake! :shock:

Is it really that rough?

*nods*

Did it during ERT when we were at Lightwater and after five times I could barely move. Give me Wild Mouse at Blackpool any day and that is saying something

Martyn B

CF Legend
When you go on it Herb, make sure you sit at the front for your first ride....a truely unique experience.

And you just have to laugh at the mechanics of it too. Its SO RCT. Its like one button starts everything!lol

The trains are ridiculously long, and the lifts are ridiculous slow!

herbinator

Mega Poster
I might just do that, I normally sit back first ride but for this, I shall change! :--D

Do they still fill it with petrol cans?

Benson1997

Roller Poster
Yes they do and the front is pretty rubbish, you are halfway down the lift hill before you even get a kick from the back... The back is so immence but a little bit painfull!

Ollie

CF Legend
herbinator said:
Is it really that rough?
Yes. It gave me a nosebleed and my friend broke her rib on it.
You keep being told it's rough so you go on it and think "It can't be that bad" and it's much worse than you can ever imagine.

It's amazingly good fun though. Just that you come off covered in nasty bruises.
This is Maddies knees after riding it just twice.
45568_1564632032799_1145311439_1651007_1533866_n.jpg

It doesn't look as bad as it actually was in that picture.
But yeah, it's a rough coaster. So much ****ing fun though. :D

herbinator

Mega Poster
Looks pretty bad for a coaster but I'm still not buying it being that rough. Where does it fit on my roughness scale

10- knocked out
9- hospital trip
8- a lot broken
7- a bit broken
6- a normal mosh pit
5- dizzy
4- light bruises
3- oww
2-*grits teeth*
1-'did I feel something'
0- no pain

At the moment i would guess 4?

slappy mcguire

Mega Poster
The ultimate is the wife-beater of rollercoasters, but Martyn is absolutely right; there are few rides so absolutely wrong, but all the better for it (I can only think of Valhalla that is in any way comparable for the sheer WTF-ness).

Yes it hurts, and you could do worse with equipping some knee pads for the journey, but nothing prepares you for the unseen valley for the first time...

Nic

Strata Poster
T'Ultimate is amazing. Better (and more brutal) later in the day though. We had ERT the other year for an hour before the park opened, and it was only just starting to warm up by the time we finished. Mind you, with 6 rides without getting off, it was probably just as well - the resulting bruises on my knees lasted weeks as it was. It really is fantastically fun though. Brutal, yes, but a hell of a lot of fun. It really is a unique experience, I've never been on anything that even comes close to matching it.

Oh, and as for Herb's pain scale, I'd go for a 6.5.