What's new

When do you put up your decorations?

When do the Christmas decorations go up?

• Before December (Booo)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • First week of December

• Second week of December

• Third week of December

• Few days before

• Christmas Eve

• I don't bother

• Total voters

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Are they up already? Traditional Christmas Eve thing?

When do you put yours up.

Personally, I firebomb the house of anyone who has them up before December 5th!

If I didn't have kids, I'd also refuse to put any up at all [/scrouge]

Also, do you have new decorations each year? Or do last years do? I mean, if you're going to have decorations, at least make the effort and get new ones, not just rehash last year's piss poor effort!

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
The day before & since they're only up a day or two I re-use the same ones from the year before & the year before & the year before & the year before... I think you get the picture.

marc

CF Legend
They are up. Ours tend to go up now ready for my bday.

I helped by laying on the couch and staying out the way :)

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Now if I could do that, ours would go up sooner & stay up longer. :wink:

Emmett

Giga Poster
If I didn't have kids, I'd also refuse to put any up at all.

I agree if I lived on my own I couldn't be bothered. Its too depressing having to take them down after Christmas so why bother putting them up in the first place.

My parents put theirs up about a week before but at the house I share I don't think anyone will bother.

We always used the same decoartions year after year until they fell apart or stopped working.

nealbie

CF Legend
Ours go up on 1st December (today) overnight and Dad used to always wake us up at 7 o'clock by shouting this very loudly.....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMRBYpbAHpk[/youtube]

This is my first year not being subjected to it and I'm surprisingly upset about it :lol:

Ollie

CF Legend
We usually put them up about a week or so into December. And there's no option for putting it up after Christmas. There's got to be some people who do. :p

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Ollie said:
There's got to be some people who do. :p

Yes, but not people we want on this site - they have their own special care in the community forums to go on. I can recommend a good one for you if you like Ollie? :p

The last week of November or so.

Ours are already up, and I really don't understand why people would wanna go through all the effort of putting up the decorations the day before when they will just have to take them down a few days later and won't ever get to savour them!

BetaKitten

Mega Poster
Middle of Decemberish.... I need to put them up on a weekend....

But with the 14th being Rob's birthday and the 17th being Dylans then i have to do them the week before because i feel it's a bit too late otherwise!

Also it's a mixture of old family decorations and some new ones since it's my first christmas away from home! (Previous home that is....)

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Well Im having to do nearly all (other than a few things) by myself this year. The massive framework is up, but the 25 different areas of lights need putting up now.

It should look like this in a few weeks:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Vm3-4x9sng[/youtube]

Sam

Giga Poster
We're putting ours up tomorrow....

back home my parents normally put them up either a week or two weeks before the 25th.

Awww Christmas!!!! <3

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The first free weekend in December.

They're harder to come by than you'd think.

Jools

Giga Poster
A few ordiments and candles on the first, the swags go up first wednesday of December, then outside lights and tree 14-12 days until christmas, then we take them down usually sometime shortly after new years day.

Slash

Giga Poster
A-Kid said:
Well Im having to do nearly all (other than a few things) by myself this year. The massive framework is up, but the 25 different areas of lights need putting up now.

It should look like this in a few weeks:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Vm3-4x9sng[/youtube]

And people wonder about climate change!

A-Kids fault.

Peter

Hyper Poster
Normally 1 or 2 weeks into December, so probably the weekend of 12th/13th. However this year our whole downstairs is going to look like a construction site up until (hopefully!) a few days before Christmas - the decorations won't be out until a few days before. :p

We're cheap and re-use last years decorations, although we do normally end up buying a few more sets of lights as we fancy change/other sets break.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
^^ Its called doing something I actually enjoy :)

Who give a flying ball bag about climate change! Fun is more inportant. I dont get a lot of that so when it comes I wanna lap it up.

tks

Strata Poster
I honestly can't stand christmas decorations, or lights. It's such a complete waste of electricity. Call me scrooge but I think the whole thing is insanely tacky and crap.