Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Over a year ago.

• I've never changed a fuse in my life.

• Total voters

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Once, about 3 or 4 years ago in science. We had a plus, and had to wire it up and change the fuse. I can't remember how to do it though.

Other than that, I have never needed to :)

Martyn

Giga Poster
marc said:
Funny enough changed a fuse 2 weeks ago but did not need to as it was ok in the end lol. As for a plug not put one on in years, used to have to do it all the time as things never came with one.

Haha yeah, I love how instruction manuals always have the instructions on how to wire a plug on the first page, but the appliance always has a moulded plug... stupid.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Change a what now? I don't understand. Is it some kind of manual labour thing?

jokerman

Giga Poster
I thought it was over a year ago, but I just remebered that I had to change the fuse in my Wii about a month ago.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Same as Marc for me. It was pretty recent, just to make sure that it wasn't the fuse. It wasn't, the device was broken.

As Nic says, consumer electronics are so cheap and crap now, the device will break utterly long before the fuse blows. It's probably cheaper to buy a new toaster from Asda than to buy a pack of fuses anyway. Plus, who doesn't have 200 kettle leads to hand anyway???

Plus they're useless. Last few devices that have gone seriously wrong on me, the fuses stayed clear while the circuit breaker tripped. One was when Minor_furie left the microwave microwaving itself as Ian arrived :lol: the other was a kettle that just used to blow the circuit breaker. The circuit breaker is more than 13 amp, so the fuse should surely blow first?

Actually, we got new desks at work about seven years ago. The came with two four-way power blocks built in. They were second hand though and most of the fuses were blown. So the last "fix the thing" fuse changes I did was then. I changed about 80 of the buggers! :lol:

CMonster

Giga Poster
Only once, years ago for Christmas lights, my dad asked if I wanted to change it and I was like "YES!!"

Not terribly exciting, though. :lol:

+1

Nic

Strata Poster
furie said:
Plus, who doesn't have 200 kettle leads to hand anyway???
Just how terrible is it that this made me chuckle? We throw them away all the time at work because we've always got far too many. As in boxes and boxes of them. All over the place. I've definitely got a few kicking about in a cupboard somewhere at home, too.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Ha ha I just saw this strange and pointless thread and thought I'd share.

A few weeks ago I had to change a fuse in my hair-straighteners(turned out not to be the fuse at all, just whole thing was knackered, but anyway...)

I unscrewed the plug, took it all to bits, only to realise it was one of those new-fangled things where the fuse just slides out without having to take it all apart at all. All that work for nothing. Ho-hum

BetaKitten

Mega Poster
I changed one not long ago, the fan just cut out and luckily i had a spare fuse from a plug i stood on and snapped on a previous occasion (and robbed the fuse when it was rewired) :p

+1