What's new

What's your most re-visitable park?

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
If distance/cost was no issue (so don't just pick your home park because it's convenient) - which park or parks could you happily visit multiple times in a season? or you'd happily visit year in year out with or without new creds?

in fact thats a good gauge :- which parks get you really excited about revisiting without a new cred?

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Dollywood, there's so much to do outside of the creds. Shows, events, food, I hadn't even started to scratch the surface of the place after a day and a half really.

Phantasialand is my fave park but Dolly is 2nd, I think PL is too small to constantly visit every month. Dolly doesn't have that issue, and they are expanding.

zazobo

Hyper Poster
I would say Europa.

They haven't added anything massive (or a big thrill ride) since I first visited about four or five years ago. I've been back twice since. I would still have gone if they hadn't opened up Arthur, Volitarium etc...

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Distance/cost no issue? I suppose Magic Kingdom. Then again, that's a bubble I'm not sure if I'd like to be immersed in...

Liseberg, perhaps? Good rides, good atmosphere, and the food isn't half bad there either.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Uh, Canobie Lake? I used to visit 8-12 times a season (no season pass available)... But even since moving +1,200 miles away 9 years ago, I've been back every season at least once.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Silver Dollar City is probably my top. So many good rides in one of the most gorgeous settings. I also love smaller, historic parks, so Kennywood and Waldameer are two parks I always love getting back to.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Dollywood or SDC

Both have smacjing settings, a world class setting, and more than just creds. Just writing this makes me want to go back.

Disneyland is an honorable mention. Growing up 15 minutes from there, I had major fatigue. Then after moving back and getting passes it was reignited. It's a pain in the ass getting in, but walking in the gates and being greeted to Main Street, the smells, psychotic stroller moms, and the horrendous matching couples shirts is just therapeutic.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Will

Strata Poster
Europa Park is definitely somewhere I could spend a lot more time than I do and I'll agree with DelPiero that due to its size (and the fact that it only has two especially re-rideable coasters) works against Phantasia. Efteling, as well, I feel like I'd find new bits of it I hadn't seen before on each visit and would get more time to chill and take in the surroundings.
Finally, Liseberg just because it's generally an awesome place and somewhere I could enjoy being without riding anything (though I doubt I'd be able to resist!)

Finally, yes it's my local and I've kind of done it now, but Alton is somewhere I used to be able to visit over and over - even now if I just dive in for an afternoon, I can enjoy getting lost in the gardens and wandering around the Towers - I can get a decent walk there without feeling middle-aged and going to a National Trust place. I can also have a ride or two on Nemesis while I'm at it :p

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
While still being at the stage of 'rather go somewhere new', the only park that ever crosses my mind for a revisit (regardless of new rides) is Liseberg.

Edward M

Strata Poster
Tokyo Disneysea just has so many layers upon layers of theming, so I would certainly choose that park. The other Disney parks aren't as revisitable other than perhaps Disneyland or Animal Kingdom. I just get very tired of Disney taking money out of my pocket every moment. Disneysea and Animal Kingdom enjoys a good amount of grit in its theming, and Disneyland is a fascinating piece of history with the world's best ride collection (IMO).

As for non Disney parks, Silver Dollar City is a park I've been to 5+ times, and it always is guaranteed to be a really nice day. Those Herschend parks are just really nice places to be.

Hutch

Strata Poster
The goon in me says Cedar Point for all the creds and other rides, but I think I'll go with Alton Towers. It's quite a big park with a mix of dense themed areas, open spaces, and hidden areas. It doesn't have the best coaster selection but Nemesis is plenty. I could see just having a nice relaxing day with just about anyone, and if I want to avoid crowds I could always get lost in the gardens. It's also overseas for me so it'll be at least several years before I ever revisit, but it does seem like there's a lot do to.

Robert.W

Roller Poster
I'd say Alton Towers as well. It's the best park I've been able to visit, and Nemesis is by far the best coaster I've been on. It's a park that has such a nice atmosphere and is stunningly beautiful and has such a rich heritage to be explored. It also has a pretty wide variety of unique coasters. :)

James F

Hyper Poster
Magic Kingdom
Europa Park
Busch Gardens Tampa

Perhaps Cedar Point and Disneyland as well, but I haven't been to either so I am not sure.

Sent from my G3221 using Tapatalk

streetmagix

Mega Poster
It has to be Europa Park. Such a beautiful place with amazing rides, great food, parades and shows. I'm happy to just walk around, soaking in the atmosphere and surroundings.

With some TLC and a big new ride I think Thorpe Park could be somewhere great too. Praying for that rumoured B&M Hyper!

Or maybe one of the Universal Studios parks, I couldn't pick which one though! Orlando for the size, Singapore for it's high-quality and compactness and Japan for the insanity which is The Flying Dinosaur.