What's new

What's your favourite inversion?

michaellll

Mega Poster
Re:

nadroJ said:
Kumba's zero-g roll.

+1

I really do like that 0g. One of the better ones, and it makes the ride imo. I don't understand why more people don't like that ride. One of the better layouts of a looper and probably the best examples of integration into the location.

So yeah, I love 0gs.

I have a question: I've never understood why people like high positive g inversions. Can anyone explain it to me? The batwing on Montu is probably my least favorite part :(

JLCarrigg

Roller Poster
The Batwing, on Vortex at KI,
also, The vertical loop on Firehawk, also at KI. It is amazing going in a flying position.

Naemuti

Mega Poster
Re: Re:

michaellll said:
I have a question: I've never understood why people like high positive g inversions. Can anyone explain it to me? The batwing on Montu is probably my least favorite part :(

Well, it's like force on any other part of the coaster. If there's no hang time, and there's no positive Gs...it kind of makes for a boring inversion that doesn't do anything besides flip you upside down. Perhaps you're just not a fan of high positive Gs in the first place?

choluby

Roller Poster
I haven't been on many rides with inversions, :( (only those at Alton Towers and Drayton Manor)
but I love the corkscrews on Nemesis and Shockwave :!:

Cyrbuzz66

Roller Poster
The pretzel loop on Manta at Sea World is my new favorite element. After riding it for the first time I was blown away by the inversions intensity. I get that tickle in my gut everytime that sucker dives into the pretzel.

troikaX3

Roller Poster
I haven't been on many coasters, but I love Maverick's inversions as well as the zero-G roll on Raptor.

DDF14

Mega Poster
Storm Runner - Flying Snake Dive

Just a little disorientating but very fun and closer example of a more aerobatic inversion..
Would love to have one on a coaster in the UK..

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Eurofighter heart lines really are a raw, fun inversion!

Mystery Mine at Dollywood just packs the lateral g's.

T0M

Hyper Poster
owenrita121 said:
Has to be the ZERO-G roll on shockwave at Drayton Manor it's just epic.
That's the ONLY zero-g roll for me. The ones on Nemesis and Inferno are bollocks really because you're so pinned into your seat. As for the one on Kumali, well...