What's new

What ride do you have the most intangible love for?

themepark_hannah

Roller Poster
Saw The Ride is that ride for me. Ever since I first went on it, I loved it.

I don't know why I like it so much but people that know me (including none thoosies) know my love for that ride.

I'm not gonna pick an objectively good coaster for this, but I actually always love riding Fire in the Hole and Blazing Fury, or any of those types of rides. I just find them an entertaining and fun break from the more intense rides, and they also usually smell of some kind of stagnant water which I secretly enjoy.

FogZog

Mega Poster
F.L.Y was a huge part of my life for like 5 years.. Seeing its construction on my first visit to Phantasialand, following it being built for years in these forums. When it opened I had a reoccurring dream where I was in the queue line about to ride when something would always go wrong or I would wake up and never get to ride. I dreamt this so frequently that I had to book it asap and just ride it.. When the day came we went straight there and waited in the pre opening queue for about an hour… then 30 minutes in the moving queue.. finally I sat on it, the restraints came down.. and just like my dream it broke down and we had to get off and stand in the station.. I stood there for 40 minutes staring at the seats literally facing me.. taunting me like it knew that I had been waiting for this for years.

But then I got on it and rode it front row first time and it was great. 👍🏻 Love it to pieces. Full circle moment ❤️

Trax

Hyper Poster
I think the main one for me is Tornado @ Bakken. This ride has OTSR (which dig heavily into my shoulders as I am on the taller side), is a spinning coaster and has the roughest transitions (layout-wise) I ever experienced. Those are all things, that usually deter me from really enjoying a rollercoaster; especially the spinning, as I get sick quite easily.

Still, I absolutely adore this ride. The sheer insanity of it, the intensity in some of its turns, the fact that the spinning is not controlled. It can spin so fast, that you literally will have trouble breathing. Damn, this thing should not exist, and I love it for that. It has a f*****g launched chain-lift!

Oh, and it also has a Boost mode that they actually allow people to ride. If you ever wondered who in the right mind designed I305 and thought "yeah, that looks good" - it is likely the same guy who designed Tornado.

I was able to ride it 8 times during my first visit (the park limits you to 10 rides per ride, and it broke down 30 minutes before park closure, just as we found the optimal seating configuration to spin faster than some washing machines. And have my upper body was covered in bruises ranging in colour from green to blue to purple. Didn't even know that my body would be able to create so many different colours.

DannyZeebub

Roller Poster
For flats, Cyborg Cyber Spin at SFGAdv. I don't know why I love that thing so much, yet I can't do other rides with hangtime.

opivy028

Mega Poster
I'm not gonna pick an objectively good coaster for this, but I actually always love riding Fire in the Hole and Blazing Fury, or any of those types of rides. I just find them an entertaining and fun break from the more intense rides, and they also usually smell of some kind of stagnant water which I secretly enjoy.
Yeah very much this. Lost Coaster of Superstition Mountain at Indiana Beach is this for me. I visited a bunch as kid, riding it when it was a dark ride before the coaster conversion. Just kooky and weird and fun in all the right ways.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Jumping back in line to file Any and All Arrow Mine Train Coasters. By modern day standards they are weak at best, with layouts that can only be described as meandering nonsense (Save Thunderation or Road Runner Express - two rare exceptions). But they also were the initial commercial offering of Arrow Dynamics, and some of the first steel tubular design to hit the market, laying foundation for bigger, bolder design over the decades (e.g. introduction of Corkscrew models); and for the most part had stood the test of time as tride and true family coaster offering, with all 16 Arrow Mine Train coasters still remaining in operation to this day.

It's just a lot of love for this coaster model, chief of which was the first "big kid" coaster that got me into the hobby (Cedar Creek Mine Ride <3 ).

Leon_K

Mega Poster
I don't care how rough it is at this point, I will always be fond of Disneyland Paris' Space Mountain.
Yes, can't wait for the day the canon at the launch (which is an awesome set piece) is becoming part of the Jules Verne story again. Even though it's been 15 years ago I rode it, so I don't remember the ride experience that well anymore, I like it's original theming a lot.

Inverting_Thrills

Mega Poster
Good topic! I'd have to say Demon at Six Flags Great America. Funnily enough, I used to hate this ride with a passion. My opinion changed when I first rode it as an enthusiast. Demon has got a lot of charm, some intense inversions, and a surprisingly good first drop. I'm generally a fan of older Arrows but Demon in particular stands as one of my favorites.

GeminiOP03

Roller Poster
[Ninja - SFMM]
Out of all the coasters at Magic Mountain  Ninja is my favorite. I love the swinging action, cutting through the log flume, and it's just fun. Unintentionally thrilling layouts are the best because you don't expect it.

Coasterfreck

Mega Poster
Nemesis Inferno
This coaster will always have a special place in my heart. In my opinion it’s the best current coaster to ride at Thorpe, Hyperia may change that when it opens. For 2016 and 2017 I worked on it as well, and it was the first ride I was ever trained on, so spent a lot of hours there.

Also shout out to Rocky Express may it rest in peace, the first op skill I had, I always think first ops are always special, but Rocky was also my childhood, so even more special to me. And for scare mazes: Platform 15, I’m easily the biggest fan of that maze and loved every year of it, but it was the maze that actually fully got me into scare mazes all thanks to the Canada Creek Railway train (No.2) being used as the Sleeper Express and me wanting to see it 🤣.

Berksfan

Roller Poster
Rush (and slammer before it died), I really only got into theme parks in late 2004 so following the construction for them the following year was exciting, especially as they were world firsts. (Even if they were rarely open during their first season).

thepoweroften

Roller Poster
Colossus at Thorpe Park. I don’t know why and I know people hate it/find it rough (although I haven’t been on it since the retrack) but I just love it and never get tired of it, it’s pure non-stop fun for me.

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
I get it, Colossus was (though you could equally argue Tidal Wave) the point in which Thorpe changed into the thrill park we know and love today. It occupies a special place for that reason.