Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gerstlauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

Me, pesonally, Intamin. I love thier giga coaster Millenium Force. They're the best.

Sam

Giga Poster
Very very close call between Intamin and B&M, they both have some great qualities but I'm going to go for Intamin too- their accelerators, giga coasters and woodies win them the title.

* Oh, and isn't it S&S Arrow now?

robbeal

Hyper Poster
^Yeah, but they've not actually built any coasters under that name yet. S&S Arrow is the steel division, and we may see one coming in the form of the possible 4D at Fuji-Q Highland. They've done a couple of woodies, but they're still just S&S Power.

I'd find it very hard to pick a 'favourite' company. I like many different companies for many different reasons. B&M make lovely smooth coasters. I'd prefer an Intamin hyper coaster to a B&M one though. Arrow (in the past) and Vekoma were very innovative. Maurer make great smaller fun coasters. Schwarzkopf are the past-masters of intensity. They're all great for different reasons.

Mat

Hyper Poster
I realy don't know many otheres than intamin at the moment. So I have to vote intamin only becuase it is the only company I know.

Jake

Strata Poster
Schwarzkopf by a mile, with Maurer Sohne and S&S behind it.

S&S air launched coasters pwn ANY intamin accelerator ever.

A

Anonymous

I vote for Intamin, and thats both for wood and steel (havn?t ridden much other wood though), But during the later years I have really started to enjoy old Schwartzkopf coasters more and more.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Well, like Rob, its a close call between Intamin and B&M. Both companies are amazing, providing countless smooth, intense rides, which are very top knotch.

But, in the end, I think I'm gonna vote for B&M, as I seem to be a fan of the inversions, as opposed to the airtime and speed with Intamin.

Sam

Giga Poster
Mattb said:
I realy don't know many otheres than intamin at the moment. So I have to vote intamin only becuase it is the only company I know.

You've been to Thorpe I take it? Well Inferno is a B&M and X:NWO is a Vekoma (though not the best example of one...) if you've been to Alton Towers then Oblivion, Air and Nemesis are all B&M, Corky is made by Vekoma and Rita is Intamin and Spinball is a Maurer Sohne. Just a few examples....

Dave

CF Legend
There are some really good companies in the coaster industry.

B&M- Good company, very smooth and enjoyable roller coasters, shame they aren't unique every so often. Nearly half the rides they have built are clones.

Intamin- A really innotive company, they always try more unique things, like there accelerators all differ from each other, they have also made some other nice rides like the Half Pipe, their SLC's, and there amazingly cool Ball Coaster.

Arrow- Used to build some amazing coasters, shame they have gotten rough over the last few years, but they had some amazing ideas for rides, like Drachen Fire, launched roller coasters, 4D roller coasters, the Fishook rides.

Vekoma- The most recognisable name in the industry, mainly because of there amazingly cheap and easy going roller coasters, very famous for their Boomerang roller coasters, they have continued to impress people with the invertigo's and the Vertigo Boomerangs. Many good ideas for the future like the Tilt roller coaster.

Maurer Sohne- Now there's a name that's getting recognised fast now after they have brought out their X-Car roller coasters. They make some interesting rides, like the spinning wild mouses and there Xtended range of spinning roller coasters.

Schwarzkopfs- The gods of roller coasters, the only company in the world to ever use a continous loop. Just shows how good a company they are. Anton Schwarzkopf never liked to use OTSR's and always tried to put lapbars on his roller coasters. They had some interesting ideas for the future, like the worlds first true flying roller coaster.

Guesterlar- My favourite, because they have such a wide selection of rides to choose from, they have the spinning roller coasters, the typhoons, the launched roller coasters, it has soo much to offer now. I can't wait to see what they will pull off in the future.

A

Anonymous

I'm going to have to second c&r: Where's the wood? My favorite coaster company is GCI, but for the poll's sake I voted for B&M. All of their coasters seem to be intense (well they were until recently) and I love Great Bear (my home park is Hersheypark, if you couldn't tell).

A

Anonymous

c&r said:
Where's the wood?

Yeah, where is the wood?

My favourite would be GCI. Purely because the rides flow so nicely and provide an excellent ride.

Out of that list though, Arrow.

joe

Mega Poster
B&M: Smooth coasters, and by far the best looking. My faviroute coasters are B&M, and they have a nice range of coasters.

Intamin was a runner up, Balder & EGF are my reasons.

Angel

Hyper Poster
^ Care to explain why?

Personally B&M for me. They were the makers of the first coaster I rode. All my experiences of their coasters have been smooth and they look good and sleek.

Other companies dont do for me what B&M do :D

Harvey

Hyper Poster
Intamin for me, their range of coasters is great - they make pretty much everything, from launched SLC's to wooden coasters. They make top notch hyper coasters too, look no further than Germany and Holland for two prime examples.

On the wood front, CCI were the company of choice for me, they made some of the best wooden coasters going (look no further than Paris and Wales), its a pity they folded.

Peter

Hyper Poster
Gerstlauer - although ironically i've never riden one of their rides :p

They cover a large range of coaster rides, from the family bobsleds and spinning coasters, to the more intense eurofighters and possibly launch coasters. I love the look of the rides!

A

Anonymous

Where's the WOOD????

It's obviously GCI or the Gravity Group...Probably GCI since they build REAL roller coasters and not tamed out, slush rides like B&M...Roller Coasters are supposed to HURT!

:p

Kat

Mega Poster
B&M. They make such smooth rollerocasters. They have made many good ones, including Kumba, Montu, Nemesis and air to name a few. Thats why I like them basically because if im on any of these rides I feel alot safer and I know its going to be good. Thats my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.