What's new

What extent would you go to to get a credit?

nadroJ

CF Legend
So today I went to Clarence Pier for creds, fish and chips and to soak up the sun.

They have two coasters on the pier, Skyways which is one of those standard Galaxi coasters but pretty big for a pier and then they have the new coaster for this season, Speedy Coaster, which is a kiddie credit.

So I happily bought my 8 tokens so I could ride both and started off with Skyways, which was actually quite terrifying for the bog standard type of ride it is, very fun.

After I hop off that coaster I happily skip over to Speedy Coaster and have to wait because there is currently a train going around, no matter.

Then the oaf running the thing turns to me and grunts something along the lines of 'you'll be waiting there a long while, love', which I took to meant he'd be sending the kids around the track 4/5 times. No matter, I can wait =D

The kids the get off and all run around for a second go, he lets them through the gate and on the ride (pushing in front of me) and then slams the gate on me saying 'you're not coming on, you're too big, this is a kids ride, look and the size of them compared to you, you're an adult. Go ride something scarier'.

I was really quite shocked at how rude and blunt he was and I then muttered something about 'oh, but I don't like big scary rides, I've only bought tokens for this one, please let me on =D'. Again, he completely denied me.

I got out of the queue and read all of the ride signage and nowhere does it mention a maximum height/weight limit, an accompanied by a child only rule or anything like that that would stop me riding. I was a bit distraught, not only over the loss of the cred but also at being made to feel like a complete idiot for wanting to ride the thing.

So I got the manager, who went over to the ride-op and demanded he let me ride =D Hahahaha <3

So, that's the furthest extent I've ever gone to making sure I got a credit, what's the furthest you've ever gone/would go to to ride something?

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Well, This isn't really a cred at all really but because I get disability wristbands at parks, even though I knew and the ride ops knew that I was too big, a few years ago I managed to get on to the Driving school at FL.

Snoo

The Legend
Not really a whore.. but if it happens to be in the area in which I'm visiting another park.. I might plop in to add another one to the count. I haven't kidnapped either.. but I have ran to the kiddie early (Dollywood and SDC) just to make sure I got on it.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Nice one Jordan!

Furthest I have gone is hanging by the Go Gator at Flamingoland at the live a few season back with some CFers for about 20 minutes asking him nicely if we could go on. He was very polite about it all, and eventually gave in, provided we didn't tell management. Good times.

I have never abducted a kid, and to be honest, I wouldn't want to unless absolutely necessary as it seems quite weird to go up to somebody asking if you can take their child from them so that you can get a credit :p If I was a parent, I'd call the police!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
To be honest, I don't really care about a lot of the kiddie credits. If it's easy for me to get on, and I don't have to make a tit of myself to get on the ride, then I will.

I will not argue/fuss/complain if I can't get on a crappy little ride.

So... I don't somehow think I'm ever going to have an event that qualifies for this topic. Having said that, I would try to ride a big ride in an obscure place if it was convenient. Maybe that would count?

nadroJ

CF Legend
^Yeah, it doesn't just have to be in the case of credit whoring, but maybe you've spent a lot of money/put a lot of effort into getting somewhere just because there were coasters there you wanted to ride =]

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Well I guess the whole USA-Live last year. ;)

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
I draw the line at kidnapping...

I will ride most kiddie coasters (I even used the V.I.P access at Kings Island to skip the queue for Runaway Reptar), but I don't mind too much if I were to miss one... Especially if it requires a child to ride... I'm not that desperate to get creds to make a fuss to go on an oval...

Will

Strata Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
I'm not that desperate to get creds to make a fuss to go on an oval...
Quite; topics like this are another great way of reminding me that just occasionally, there's a lot more to life :p
Effort to get to park with something that isn't 'just another number' though, is a whole different matter. And while I've had the odd unpleasant encounter with kiddie coaster staff (Man on Nessie in Rhyl, I'm looking at you especially), it's the effort I'll make to get to those parks that I do pride myself on, the bloody Oakwood public transport trek in 2005 still probably takes the prize in that department.
Oh, and I admit that since finding out I'm going to Devon in a few weeks, I'm looking to see if there's anything worth sweeping up while I'm stuck there, but places that cost more than they're worth or where you get weird looks if you're over 12... aren't high on my to-do list.

Also, I don't think I've ever been on a Go Gator.

Jake

Strata Poster
I've driven up to Inverness for one CRED.

If I was paying for the fuel I wouldn't do silly trips like this, but when it's free then fuqit <3.

I've also stolen a couple of kids, but, only when loads of other people were doing it. It wouldn't work in the UK.

Naemuti

Mega Poster
I am not really a credit whore. I generally only ride coasters I want to ride. Sometimes I do ride a dinky wild mouse or something, yeah, but that's about it.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
I can't really see the point of rides where you have to have a kid with you - if you can fit on ok, and you want to ride, you should be allowed to - the number of enthusiasts who are sad enough to want the credits are so small, it's going to have a negligible effect on the kids waiting times!

Also - I hate the dinghy slides where they insist you're in pairs