Administrator
Social Media Team
roll.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Bun or roll for me. I see them as the same thing. If anything, a bun has a softer outside and a roll has a harder one.

-A bap/barm is a much bigger thing, more like a giant version of what you'd but a burger in.
-I've never heard Tea/Breadcake used to describe something like that.
-A batch is just a group of something, nothing to do with that food item.
-I've heard Cob used before, but only by my Nana. I mean, she was a baker her whole life, but she's from Bolton and I've always assumed it was a local term.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Ben said:
That would be a crusty roll.

It's NOT a roll, they're soft, but, it's a crusty roll.
Pedantic bastard (pronounced in a southern "bar-stood" way). I've edited the poll just for you, Benjamin.

kimahri

CF Legend
Ian said:
Ben said:

Pedantic bastard (pronounced in a southern "bar-stood" way). I've edited the poll just for you, Benjamin.

You spelt 'or' wrong btw. Just so you know.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
kimahri said:
Ian said:
Ben said:

You spelt 'or' wrong btw. Just so you know.
I blame a combination of wine and fat fingers.

davidm

Strata Poster
Its a roll, clearly.

--

Bap : no, thats just a noise
Tea/Breadcake : no idea what these are
Barm : definately northern, certainly not that picture of a roll though
Batch : No, no idea again
Bun : you'd be mistaken if you thjought the picture was a "bun", "buns" are round, possibly with a flour sprinkling too
Cob : cobs are like buns, but more northern, less flour. I'm a Midlander really and cobs = buns and thats no bun/cob

Ben

CF Legend
david morton said:
I'm a Midlander really and cobs = buns and thats no bun/cob

*grabs chance to ask something that has been bugging him a while*

Are you from Wolvo, Dave? Can't see anyone but myself being crazy enough to support their football team without being from there...

The Wolvoers I know... knew... all said cob and it annoyed me cause I never knew what the Hell they wanted.

davidm

Strata Poster
Stafford really. Dads side of family are Wolverhampton - Grandad/Dad used to go to the Mol in the 50s/60s (when we were really GOOD), inherited it from them, I first went sometime mid 70s in the old Molineux street stand (pre John Ireland (now Steve Bull) stand (until they tear that one down next year)).

Think "cob" is common across the West Midlands - my mums side of the family is more Stoke and she always called them "cobs" (the round ones that is, not that obvious "roll" that Ian posted)

Ben

CF Legend
david morton said:
Stafford really. Dads side of family are Wolverhampton - Grandad/Dad used to go to the Mol in the 50s/60s (when we were really GOOD), inherited it from them, I first went sometime mid 70s in the old Molineux street stand (pre John Ireland (now Steve Bull) stand (until they tear that one down next year)).

Ahhh, OK. I dunno why that had been bugging me. Must be because I'm *really* cool... Steve Bull was where my first match there was. How funky :p

Think "cob" is common across the West Midlands - my mums side of the family is more Stoke and she always called them "cobs" (the round ones that is, not that obvious "roll" that Ian posted)

Yeah, that's what I thought they were... Then I was offered a burger in one at a BBQ last summer, got all confused, asked "Cob... as in... corn?", then became a bit of a laughing stock.

The north should hand out dictionaries, it's weird, different and alien...

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Rundstykke. Where's my poll option?

Come on, you don't expect everybody to speak English all the time, do you?