What's new

What could make the ultimate parks

vgmaster9

Roller Poster
For years, I have been pondering about dream ideas for huge different types of parks after being huge into RCT as a kid. One would be an annual funfair, the other would be a seasonal amusement park, and the other would be a year round theme park resort.

The funfair wouldn't be like a county/state fair, but would be like a huge carnival, with over a hundred different rides, as well as other kinds of attractions, shows, and wide selection of fried foods. It would be open for a month.

The amusement park would be like Cedar Point times ten, with tons of roller coasters (from the scenic railway, to concepts yet to come into way) and tons of more different rides, like flat rides (kiddie, family, and thrill), water rides, dark rides, funhouses/walkthroughs, transport rides, and more. There would also be a large waterpark to go with it, like Soak City and Wildwater Kingdom. Of course, it would also have very minimal theming, the amount you'd see in any traditional amusement park.

As for the multi-leisure theme park resort, it would have all kinds of different stuff. It would be a realized version of the super huge Dubailand project. The resort would contain many theme parks, waterparks, hotels, resorts, shopping complexes, and more. There would even be an area that would be much bigger than Downtown Disney and Citywalk (which would also have a massive indoor entertainment center with over a thousand arcade games and other stuff). Another thing it would have is a safari park where would drive through seeing many animals. There woould also be a park that's similar to Discovery Cove and Disney's rumored Night Kingdom. It could also have an indoor theme park like Ferarri World.

What else would you like these things to have?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I think I don't get this topic.

Intricks

Strata Poster
^^ Its a topic about what you think would be the ultimate theme park. This thread has popped up on Thrillnetwork (and im going to assume other websites as well, but this looks TOO closely related to the thread on Thrillnetwork) so im guessing vgmaster either surfs that site or is there.

Switching between the hideouts'...

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Right... it's a topic about what would be in the ultimate theme park?

Loads of coasters, loads of record breakers, loads of amazing theming. Possibly a fantastic waterpark too.

Find me someone who's not going to say the same thing as that... :?

vgmaster9

Roller Poster
Well the amusement park would be like Cedar Point with all different coasters and old-fashioned rides. The theme parks in the resort would be Disney/Universal/Seaworld/Busch quality.

Lofty

CF Legend
Um. I kind of made one like this a few months back, saying, "If money was no option, you owned a park. What would you add". I would find the link, but it's not worth tbh!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
A small park would do for me. I like it when parks are down-to-earth, cozy, and not over-crowded. Sure, they should have a good ride or two, but they don't have to to be a bunch of launched megaloopers. I say "well-designed rides" over "big rides", to be honest. I'm not sure what a good example would be, but El Toro at Freizeitpark Plohn looks like it would fit the bill. Possibly Ravine Flyer II as well. No clones or stock models, but rather rides built to fit the surroundings (or vice versa, given enough money).

The "perfect" park is family-owned or otherwise a true core business. A place the owners know and love, and where they go just beyond the ordinary to provide that little extra. A place where you feel welcome as a guest, not as a money-maker. Home- or local-made themeing, for example. Doesn't have to be fancy or anything, but it would be a nice touch. Or an actual marketplace within the park, where small local businesses/farmers sell their stuff. This would require free entry and a pay-per-ride system, where the rides aren't necessary to enjoy the place.

Proximity to where I live would be a key factor. I'd like to be able to walk over to the park and perhaps spend the evening strolling around. Maybe get to know the people there as well.

(Actually less realistic than 500-feet duelling flyers, I know, as expense and income would in no way be balanced, and how would one advertise it, anyway, but you asked for the ultimate park, right?)

D1993

Hyper Poster
The Perfect infusion between Disney/Universal and Cedar Fair/Six Flags
Oh hell, thats basically what everyone else says.