What's new

What are the Cedar Point challenges?

coaster addict

Mega Poster
Back when I was going to Cedar Point every summer and before Fast Lane (back when they just offered two quick line wrist stamps per person), I recall that CP had either an informal or somewhat formal challenge.

I think you had to ride Wicked Twister, MF, and Top Thrill all within 1 hour (Triple Threat?)... and maybe they expanded that to add Maverick in there (Fabulous Foursome?).

I do not think I ever read up on it back then, but I might have to get Elaine and I to try it during Coaster Campout this year!

Hobbes

Mega Poster
When I was there a few years ago, I remember seeing/hearing something about a challenge to ride TTD, MForce, Wicked Twister and Magnum all in one hour (as all 4 are over 200 feet tall). Is that what you're thinking of?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

coaster addict

Mega Poster
Hobbes said:
When I was there a few years ago, I remember seeing/hearing something about a challenge to ride TTD, MForce, Wicked Twister and Magnum all in one hour (as all 4 are over 200 feet tall). Is that what you're thinking of?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

That could have been it too! Do you recall if this was completely unofficial, or was it somehow embraced by CP in some official capacity?

NAPayne31

Mega Poster
I remembered seeing this on Travel Channel, I believe it was the Fearsome Fivesome with Magnum, TTD, MF, Wicked Twister, and Maverick

coaster addict

Mega Poster
Yeah... that sounds about right... I guess Elaine and I will have to rock that out too... did they recommend any order? I think I remember seeing that on Bert's show as well. Since Fast Lane is not on Wicked Twister, we will probably start there. However, [not that it matters - yet my OCD kicks in to ask] does anybody recall if the one hour timer start from the time we get on the first ride or when we get in the line for the first ride?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
It was all unofficial, and created by sources outside of the park.

If you really want a challenge, try for all 15 (discounting Jr. Gemini) in 2 hours. A dead park can yield good results. ;)

Intamin to Win

Mega Poster
All I know is, when I get back to Cedar Point, Magnum is going to take up most of my time. Ride that thing until my legs bruise

bmac

Giga Poster
Hyde said:
It was all unofficial, and created by sources outside of the park.

If you really want a challenge, try for all 15 (discounting Jr. Gemini) in 2 hours. A dead park can yield good results. ;)

I did all 15, all of the major thrill flat rides, and the speedy carousel in about 8 hours. Most of my time was eaten up waiting for Maverick, TTD, and Millennium Force, which combined took up about 1/4th of my visit.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^^ I believe once you reach a post count of 5 you'll be able to post images. I'll repost the image below.

cedar-points-high-rollers-club.jpg

^ It really is a crap shoot of just finding a dead day. Specifically, it was the beginning of June two years ago that a friend and I visited the park with 2 and a half hours left until the park closed. We just kept going until there was nothing left to ride.