What's new

West Midland Safari Park: General Discussion

SafariSundown

Roller Poster
Hello all, i've noticed you have taken an interest in the park's development plan. I live 5 minutes from the park, and visit regularly. I also own my own website & Facebook page dedicated to the park. With this waterpark, it would make it more of a 2 day attraction, especially as the Water-Safari is also in planning and is being considered. The current plan for the Amusement Area is that they revamp it for the next 10 years, however i agree much to everyone's comments that the park need a signature ride, for example a Family Rollercoaster like Sonic, Runaway Mine or something along those lines. Even staff i know have told me (who work in the Amusement Area) they think the park need's more of a signature ride and an expansion to the Amusement bit. I personally think the next 10 years will be big for the park, with lots of refurbishments and revamps going on in Discovery Trail, Amusement Area & the Safari. The location is also confirmed (well for me it is) of where the Hotel & Waterpark will be. If you have been before, you will know there is a round-about leading to Kidderminster, Bewdley Town Centre and Stourport/Leominster, the entrance to the Hotel will be on that round-a-bout rather than a road running from the main entrance. The architects for the project's are RayHole, and I have contacted them today regarding the numbers on the location plan, as there is no key for the numbers. I personally think plans will be submitted for Early 2013, with construction starting late 2013, and it being a complete attraction (Waterpark & Hotel) for the 2015 season. I won't link you to my website or Facebook page on WMSP though, because that's against the rules, but all i'm saying is my website & FB page & twitter page is the ONLY WMSP Fan group, so for all the latest on the park, head over to it, it's called Safari Sundown. =) the Otter Exhibit which had it's planning app approved is still going ahead (I think) but will be opening either this summer or next season (2014), so far nothing has been revealed about new attractions/exhibits for this year, and weirdly nothing has been revealed for birthday celebrations for the park. I personally would of thought this year would be a big year for the park, being it's 40th anniversary. However, if were getting nothing new this year, does this mean the park are saving up to pay for a big investment?