What's new

waterparks?

chessychase

Roller Poster
Until 2010 I had only visited two waterparks..

1. Wet N Wild on the M25 , London(ish) and was manky as hell - that was shut down quite quickly...

2. Some weird one in Lanzerote that scared the life out of me..

So when the missus had planned a few waterpark days in Orlando for our trip, I was not expecting the awesomeness of proper water parks.

Typhoon Lagoon was amazing - seems I am still scared of water slides, but had a great time at Wet N Wild, Aquatica and both the Disney ones.

The Alton Towers one isnt bad.. could be bigger!

Lofty

CF Legend
chessychase said:
2. Some weird one in Lanzerote that scared the life out of me..

Yeah, Lanzarote's Waterpark is pretty ghetto, the paint is falling off of the slides, the water has SO much salt in it, the slides are pretty fun though. When we was there, they let people go down a slide, they then turned the pumps off and shut it, two engineers got on the slide and started to tighten some ****ing bolts on a leaking section, not what you want to see after literally just riding it.

Some notable parks have to be;

Wet 'n' Wild - Florida
Typhoon Lagoon - Florida
Blizzard Beach - Florida
Sandcastle Waterworld - Blackpool
Waterworld - Stoke-on-Trent
Costa Caribe - PortAventura
Aquopolis - La Pineda (Pretty ghetto but has an AMAZING 'El Cannon' slide, a DEATH Kamikaze (in which I nearly broke my elbow) and a fantastic water obstacle course).

s15c

Mega Poster
Some waterparks are ok. But the capacity is low and that can make them not much fun. You have to get there real early and leave once the crowd starts to gather.

Enicomb

Mega Poster
The Wife keeps nagging to go to a water park, but personally I don't fancy them at alll but maybe that's because my only idea of a water park is the on at Alton Towers, which to me looks horrendous.

It's nothing to with water either, I like water, I like swimming, I don't like queues and incredibly busy places, plus the thought of being in close proximity to a lot of people in just my shorts all day does not excite me at all.

marc

CF Legend
I have tried all the water parks in Orlando and after 10 mins I am bored. Yes they all look great but it is just not my thing.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Knowing me, I'll go into a waterpark and forget it's attached to a theme park as I stay in it all day :lol:

That's why if there's a waterpark in a theme park I'd never go in it (except Flamingoland's, as that doesn't really count)

walker1104

Mega Poster
I've only ever been to one waterpark. That was Disney's Blizzard Beach. It was good, but I wouldn't rush back to it. We went there on our first trip to Florida, and after going back another twice, we didnt go back.

I do tend to get bored in waterparks and would much rather be in a theme park.

El Patricko

Roller Poster
I think our main problem in the UK is that any waterparks built need to be indoors, costing money. Its a crying shame that there aren't more waterparks in this country, the center parks ones look fairly good but there is no "best park" they are all pretty rubbish.

It begs the question, why haven't Alton towers added ANYTHING to cariba creek!

(saying that the one in quaywest has an irrisponsibly large amount of slides for the small footprint it occupys :p )

madhjsp

Giga Poster
I have never been to one. I suppose they could be fun, but honestly I've never really felt the desire to go to one.

mouse

Giga Poster
I LOVE waterparks.
Disney's Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon are the bet that I've been to, I also like quaywest, as it's only 10 minutes from me.
quaywest.jpg

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I went to some water park in Mexico when I swam with dolphins, and it was amazing...for all the wrong reasons. There was one person for like 6 slides split by different levels and you felt every bump on the slide down. With that, one visit to water parks every 8 years is fine by me.

WildMouse

Roller Poster
I normally ignore water parks as they don't really appeal to me (I've walked past Blackpool's Sandcastle on many an occasion). But I did visit Alton's Cariba Creek back in 2004. Must admit that I loved their Master Blaster attraction. It was a right giggle. The outdoor Jacuzzi was rather lovely too. Can't really remember much else other than a couple of painfully slow indoor water slides. I think the outdoor ones were closed at the time. More's the pity. :p

Also did bits of Hershey's Boardwalk water park back in 2008. This was only because it acted as a slight diversion on the way over to Roller Soaker.

So yeah. Water park aficionado I aint. :lol:

Lofty

CF Legend
Just come back from Marmaris and having been to another one out there, I can state that my love for them is still there.

Also, for anyone interested, Sandcastle (Blackpool) has their new slides opening in the next few months!

Joober

Roller Poster
I love waterparks, it's a shame we don't have many in this country to choose from. Wet N Wild up in Tyneside is pretty good. Overall though, I think the ones in Orlando win hands down.