What's new

Was 9/11 an inside job?

nadroJ

CF Legend
I'm currently sat here watching Zeitgeist, a guerilla film about conspiracy theories. One of the main things they have focused on is the fact that 9/11 was an inside job, and they back it all up quite convincingly.

But obviously, I'm aware this is a conspiracy theory. However, unlike the man on the moon debate we had a few weeks ago, I'm not decided on this one, I don't think either side of the argument is 100% clear.

Anyway, thought it would make for a good discussion =D

nadroJ

CF Legend
I'll try and throw in some of the evidence this conspiracy doc gave tomorrow, when I'm less tired. The main thing that I find really interesting is the people who worked in the basement floors of WTC who say there was an explosion down there?

I'm too tired to try and figure out what I think properly, will do in the morning after I've read some more stuff.

I just find conspiracy stuff so interesting because they do find the most convincing arguments on first glance.

Dave

CF Legend
The only one I believe the conspiracy theories is about the Pentagon, it just seems too perfect that basic pilots can fly such a large plane with such accuracy and control....

Twin towers I can believe happened by terrorism, big buildings just point at it and fly into it, especially the second plane which nearly missed the tower hence the steep banking it took into the building.

STC

Mega Poster
There's one incredibly strong, simple bit of evidence that completely debunks 9/11 "inside job" theories beyond doubt.

To stage something like this would be an absolutely colossal undertaking, involving thousands or tens of thousands of people. I don't think anyone would argue with that.

The chances that not a single one of those thousands of people would have had a change of heart and leaked out what happened, anonymously or not, for ten years is about a million to one.

That's it. Case closed.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
No.

Don't believe it was. I worry that if people do start to think things like this were an 'inside-job' then where do you draw the line? The Pentagon was suspicious, possibly, but it was a terrorist attack. Simple as.

I'm sorry, but I just don't buy it.

CMonster

Giga Poster
I don't think it was an inside job, either. Especially with what STC posted (that always seems to be a good argument for these types of discussions lol!).

RCF

Strata Poster
Yay one of these threads!

I honestly don't think it was. I DO like to look at the conspiracies though, and if something seems somewhat possible, then I might look into it further. The only one I kinda believe in and take more seriously is the Pentagon. But honestly, no I believe it was not an inside job.

And damnit I can't find the clip from Scary Movie 4 that caused all that controversy. The one involving Leslie Nielsen getting told about the alien attacks and then not doing anything because he wanted to finish the story.

However if you ARE interested in looking at conspiracies, there's a movie you should look up called Loose Change. Although I believe it's utter bull****, it's worth a watch. Haha JUST KIDDING as Ollie mentioned it :p Doesn't hurt to reiterate it.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
cgon507l.jpg

hsc0829l.jpg

Conspiracy.jpg

some-9-11-conspiracy-theories-have-been-unfairly-neglected.jpg

And finally...
my_asshole_is_greater_than_your_theory_trollcat.jpg

Haha Jerry!

No, I don't think it was a conspiracy theory. Like someone said previously, you'd have to have thousands of people with no conscience, who were extremely tight lipped, etc. Also I don't get how someone said they think the Twin Towers were terrorism, and that the Pentagon was an inside job. So you're saying it was a coincidence that the Twin Towers were terrorized on the same day as the Pentagon was attacked? Makes no sense.

Anyway no I don't think it was. I think conspiracy theories are a bunch of bull, but they definitely can present a good argument.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Conspiracy Theory are created by bitter people who got fired, or retired, who just want to start stupid ****, and say they heard it from a source, who heard it from a friend of a guy who worked at the pentagon, who KNEW the guy who sold the tickets at the airport, who made up the TSA agent who searched the pilot of one of the planes.

There you go, every conspiracy theory in a nut shell, debunked. Except for that of the New England Patriots winning the 2001 Super Bowl. ****ing tuck rule.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
There is a phenomenon of "skepticism" for even the most blatantly obvious of truths, bred by the Internet.

9/11 was not an inside job. That is rediculous.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The other thing that I just thought when reading about the points that people were making about the number of people involved is also the moral aspect of it.

Compare 9/11 with the moon landings. Let's just say (for the sake of argument) that both were 'fake'. The thousands of people who had to be kept quiet from the moon landings is fine, no-one got hurt, it was just a bit of filming etc. As for 9/11, thousands of people died and suffered because of it. I just don't believe that someone wouldn't have kicked up a bigger fuss about it. Out of the hundreds of people needed to plan and execute this, not one of them stopped to think "maybe this is actually immoral".

Don't know if I've made my point clear, kinda hard to get the message across.

Martyn

Giga Poster
I don't feel as strongly about this as I do about the moon landings, so can't comment as much (good thing, I think), but I'd say it's pretty obvious that it's just another conspiracy theory.

It's only ever Westerners who seem to believe them. There's no mention of any denial from the people who were responsible.

Karen

Hyper Poster
I think there is something odd about how the Towers burned/fell and so much paper was intact. I watched the second plane hit live on TV and the Towers fall. It was horrible! Whoever caused this are sick!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^What was odd about it? A plane flies in, wipes out most of the supporting columns on that floor, the tower collapses...?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Would the US Government shoot down a plane full of US citizens (in secret) if they knew it would save the lives of others? Yes, I don't doubt it for a minute. If those passengers are going to die anyway, then they would put the needs of the greater good forward.

Would anyone other than an extremist, sick bunch of bastards plan mass murder on such a scale? No. If you want to make money or take control politically, there are a lot fewer, more influential and rich people that can be your target rather than innocent civilians.

As for the evidence? The biggest issue is always that the people presenting the evidence present it from their own subjective standpoint. It's always presented in a "Dr Fred Bloggs who has studied this for ten years says "the metal could not have fallen like that".

They never say "Dr Fred Bloggs, Doctor of Philosophy who has been disregarded by 500 independent Professors in architecture and structural integrity as a 'bit of a kook'..."

A lot of it is word games too (and the equivalent of). Somebody says something and it's either taken out of context, misquoted or further on proven completely wrong.

Of course, the biggest reason it wasn't an "inside job":
conspiracy_news1.gif

conspiracy_news2.gif

conspiracy_news3.gif

The fact that the government could happily kill thousands of innocents but draw the line at a few people who are "on to them" is ludicrous. The premise just falls apart right away.

There are certainly some odd things here and there, but just because there are some oddities doesn't mean that everything is a lie.

spicy

Giga Poster
Its actually pretty annoying when people say 9/11 was an inside job. The people that believe this ludicrous story normally won't listen to any sort of logic and just reply with utter rubbish to try and validate their point.

Its no different than saying the holocaust didn't happen. Its all just utter BS.