What's new

Views That Take Your Breath Away

metalhead7

Mega Poster
So after riding it several times during the day I decided to experience Stormrunner at night. As we blasted up the first hill I threw my hands up. Sitting in the second to front seat for a second I felt like I was flying over the entire park, and the view took my breath away more than the drop. Unfortunately I cant find a good picture of the drop at night, but this gives kind of an idea.

5aDttH1.jpg

So what views have you guys experienced on coasters that take your breath away?

bmac

Giga Poster
Griffon looking at the James River, then you see that eyesore of a Brewery.
i305 for southern Virginia, and then you see the giant power plant that smells like horse **** every weekday.
El Toro for the entire panorama of the park, and a good look at the rest of New Jersey
Kingda Ka for the parking lot view.
TTD, MF for... water?
Knoebel's chairlift for the great view of the park from the top of the mountain.

Edward M

Strata Poster
Wildfire's view off the lift of the Ozarks
Beast during most of the ride. I also rode it in fall so the sun shined on falling red leaves
Powder Keg's view at the top of the hill
Wild Eagle's view at the top of the lift
Millennium Force and TTD did take my breath away for sheer height, but weren't as beautiful as most of the ones I listed above.

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster
The Swarm has a good view from the top of it's lift. So does Dragon's Fury, but you only get a glimpse of that. Dr Doom's Fear Fall gives epic views at night seeing the park or international drive lit up (depending which side you sit on).

Smithy

Strata Poster
Swarm is decent, especially on the left front where you tuck under and start to see the rest of the park upside down.

Dragons Fury was great and took me by surprise, by time I'd shouted to my gf to look over at Shard and the City we were dropping.

I love Oblivions view.

Dragon Khan at night is pretty special.

PMBO is surely a shoe-in near the top of lists though? Yes, you're looking over a bit of a dump but it's still an alright view.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
Sheikra, Dragons Fury, Doctor Dooms Fear Fall, Expetition Everest, Colossus and Cheetah Hunt. The views from these spring to mind.

Casio

Mega Poster
Big One is very decent, I went on a really lovely day so that helped a lot. Everything on the Stratosphere is obviously excellent, but the best has to be X2; you can see everything in park from that angle.

BBH

Giga Poster
The view from the top of Giant Drop, while not a coaster, at sundown is one of the greatest things to see, along with Viper, because you can see everything in the park from the top of both.

Honorable mention to Wildfire on the lift. It's all so picturesque that you forget that you're on a roller coaster for a moment.

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
As someone above said, X2 looking back over the park is always a somewhat surreal experience, especially when the on board audio is working.

Its a flash, but Tatsu's overbanked curve at night is always nice.

Leviathan gives you a great view of downtown Toronto.

Silver Comet at Martin's gives you a great view of Niagara (the city not the falls).

Titan over Texas gives you a great view of the stadiums. I rode when the new Cowboys stadium was being built, remember it being pretty cool.

Goliath over Georgia puts downtown Atlanta in frame.

I guess any hyper coaster in a major city just about does it for me.

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
Wild Eagle's view from the top of the lift hill and first helix have beautiful views of the smokey mountains.

Tennessee Tornado while climbing up the lift hill to the left, for the same reason above.

Expedition Everest's lift hill, you can see all of the park AND Epcot. When the track "breaks" you can see a little bit of Magic Kingdom to.

The only good thing about Corkscrew at Cedar Point is that you have a beautiful on the top of the lift hill of Lake Erie

marc

CF Legend
The swing thing in Sweden that looks right over the edge of a steep drop. Scared the **** out of me.

Casio

Mega Poster
One more that slipped my mind is Manhattan Express; you start off with Luxor, MGM Grand and Mandalay Bay and then in the second half you can see all the way down the strip.