What's new

VF at Leoofoo Village in Taiwan!

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
This last week while I was in Taiwan I had the chance to go to Leofoo Village for a day. Now this was my first park outside of the US and I didn't know much about it so I wasn't expecting much from this park. The amount of detail and theming was amazing. Only 3 coasters in the park but the other rides are very well done and didn't have the same atmosphere as Disney to me but it was pretty similar on a much smaller scale.

Unfortunately I'm kind of notorious for not taking many photos and that would be true again this trip. Along with my few photos I'll link to some of the rides that were cool on the CF guide page of the park.

Walking In (Do you notice something in the background?)
IMG_0208.jpg

Bad photo of the entrance sign
IMG_0210.jpg

30th Anniversary Cake
IMG_0211.jpg

Theming in the Zoo area
IMG_0213.jpg

In line for Sahara Twist
IMG_0214.jpg

Walking into the Zoo Safari area (Gorilla!)
IMG_0212-1.jpg

Lastly Screaming Condor in the Station
IMG_0216.jpg

Screaming Condor 8/10
Your basic Intamin Impulse coaster. I have no ridden 3 of this model and this one is by far my favorite! Why? Because it has no ball breaking holding break on the straight tower which made me really happy. The launch being underground in the tunnel area was a nice twist on the ride as well. The one thing that did bug me is I have NEVER seen a coaster take this long to load and get through a cycle. It had to have taken literally 15 minutes to get each cycle going. Nevertheless a fun coaster!

Sahara Twister 5/10
Um... Yeah, this thing was super short, slow and the theming with the comet on the front of the train totally threw me off. Free spinning cars was nice I guess but really nothing special.

Little Rattler 4.5/10
If this ride was smooth, maybe it would actually be enjoyable. But a small, slow kiddie coaster that's rough really nothing exciting or fun. (I think our CF guide should take out the part of this being smooth, maybe it was me but I definitely didn't think it was.)

Pagoda's Revenge 7/10
Not the biggest, or best drop tower I've been on but by far the most heavily themed one I've been on. The theming made up for it's lack of height and the way they do the lighting on it at night is actually very cool.

Ring of Fire 6/10
Had never been on one of these before and really wasn't that great to me. Maybe it was the fact that I hit a tree every time I went around... seriously. Good concept and pretty fun but could go all the way around a bit more.

Sultan's Adventure 7.5/10
Similar to Indiana Jones in the ride style this ride was actually very fun. Though the theming was great, not many animatronics at all, and the car didn't take wild turns. It seemed to maintain the same speed going from room to room and would bounce and rumble a little bit and would stop in every room. Still lots of fun though!

Mighty Mountain Flume Adventure 7.5/10
Nice theming but definitely more noticeable off of the ride then on it. Both drops were surprisingly steep and a pretty long ride at that. Not much more to it though, two lift hills, two slow moving parks, and two drops.

Big Canyon Rapids 7.5/10
A pretty decent rapids ride that had a lot of slow moving parts without much action though. One part did take you very fast through the current which was fun. It also seemed to focus more on splashovers into the boat rather then waterfalls.

Magic Carpet 5.5/10
Incredible theming, boring ride. Definitely more of a family attraction but the theming around it makes up for it and you actually get some nice views of the park from the top.

Pancho Villa's Crazy Barrels 6/10
Basic spinning ride that you control the spinning. Really the name though should just be "Budweiser Barrels" it would make a lot more sense.

Captain Cook's Swinging Ship 5/10
Basic swinging ship.

So I had a great day and a really fun park to explore. Lines weren't too bad but dispatching was a bit slow all around. (Especially on the Condor.)

Ride Counts:
Screaming Condor x2
Sahara Twister x1
Little Rattler x1
Pagoda's Revenge x2
Ring of Fire x1
Sultan's Adventure x1
Mighty Mountain Flume Adventure x2
Big Canyon Rapids x1
Magic Carpet x1
Pancho Villa's Spinning Barrels x1
Captain Cook's Swinging Ship x1
[url=http://www.coasterforce.com/Leofoo_Village]http://www.coasterforce.com/Leofoo_Village
^ CF Guide for more photos.

Jake

Strata Poster
Cool. This park looks interesting, although i'd never heard of it before!

Shame you didn't get more pics :(.

I've never heard of it before either! It looks very well themed though.

Nice report, and I'm surprised you liked Screaming Condor so much. I just rode an Impulse coaster with no back twist and no holding brake quite recently and I thought it sucked super bad!

Must be nice to be able to get to such faraway parks. Make him take you to T-Express :p .

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
Make him take you to T-Express :p .

That would be like you going to Mexico from where you are now :wink: . Taiwan and South Korea you need a plane to get back and forth between them.

Just a little geography for you Taylor... (Cause on MSN you also wanted me to go to Fuji-Q while I was in Taiwan. But you make me laugh, making you as awesome as your name!)

W05.png

For those who don't know Taiwan is the yellow island directly south of the red South Korea in this photo.

Just a little geography for you Taylor... (Cause on MSN you also wanted me to go to Fuji-Q while I was in Taiwan. But you make me laugh, making you as awesome as your name!)

Haha well, Asia *is* a little bit of a grey area for me when it comes to geography :p . I get really confused between the two Korea's, Taiwan, Vietnam, and Japan sometimes. I know where China is, though.. Yay!

It doesn't look as far as Mexico is from where I live though.. It looks maybe a ten hour drive or so, assuming it wasn't on water and you could actually drive there, haha.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
LiveForTheLaunch said:
It doesn't look as far as Mexico is from where I live though.. It looks maybe a ten hour drive or so, assuming it wasn't on water and you could actually drive there, haha.

Rubbish, it took my finger less than a second to move between the two places! In fact, I can see Taiwan just past my tea cup.

Or maybe the map isn't a 1:1 scale? Maybe the reason it looks like a ten hour drive (across water, not sure what bit of "island" you misunderstood Miss Excellentatgeography) is because you're not sure of the scale??? ;)

SFMMMan

Mega Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
It looks maybe a ten hour drive or so.

From where I live in southern Washington, it takes me 18 hours to just get to Los Angeles,
and it'd probably take a little longer to get to Mexico from there. ;) Try doubling your estimated time, that might give you a more accurate estimate! :p

One is North, the other is South.

You Canadians need to be taught better geography

HEY, I know :p . I just meant location-wise.. I know China is shaped like a chicken.. And Japan is the island, but ask me any other locations of Asian places besides maybe India and stuff, and I really have no idea where they are.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I loved Leofoo Village. I hadn't seen any pictures of it before I went, so I was totally stunned to find such a gorgeous park. It seems that operations on Screaming Condor haven't changed at all. It's a good coaster. The other two coasters there are ****.