What's new

Vekoma Freefall Concept

Waffleman

Mega Poster
Found this video and thought it was quite an interesting, and very possible, idea. But it would probably be quite expensive for what is essentially the same effect as an Intimin drop tower.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEmXFYQrbUE&feature=feedrec_grec_index[/youtube]

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Nice idea, but largely unworkable due to the 4 person cars, meaning it could only be a good idea for a very small park who wouldn't be able to afford it anyway.

tribar

Mega Poster
If Vekoma wants to do this than they are going to have to make it more unique. Plus 4 riders per car. That's going to have a horrible capacity

Snoo

The Legend
Yeah.. cool idea.. but thats about it. Drop towers with 4x the capacity and MUCH less issues are available.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Try 10 times the capacity for the Gyro drops, which have the ability to rotate, giving a 360 degree view on the way up, plus the ability to tilt, which is the selling point of this Vekoma thing.

I'm guessing here, but I can't see the price difference being particularly huge either.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I agree, neat concept, but Intamin already achieves the same affect with their drop towers that carries a much larger capacity.

Xpress

Strata Poster
These things are incredibly annoying. I remember a lot of them coming out a while ago on the NL forums...

Drop towers already top this thing.

choluby

Roller Poster
This is a good freefall ride for nolimits but no real park would buy that for a huss/intamin drop tower

ava1enzue1a

Mega Poster
Xpress said:
These things are incredibly annoying. I remember a lot of them coming out a while ago on the NL forums...
Yeah, it's now quite unoriginal. I had even spontaneously thought about the concept and created one A LOT like what seems to be shown in the video. It's like they could have stolen the idea from me =P (or mine from them, depending on any variables including proof of dates). The only main differences I noticed are that I had set mine to 2-3 cars, and the support structure is entirely different. (Mine resembled a lattice-like column structured all the way up, like a radio tower.)

Nonetheless, great minds think alike??? :wink: