What's new

V2 - LIM Launch Coaster [WIP]

Twn114

Roller Poster
So a few days ago i was casually playing a bit of RCT2 and I placed one of the prefab LIM coasters in (I think it was Quantum Thruster) and I thought about making an LIM coaster in NoLimits

Seeing as i had a day off college i thought i would build one inspired by the ride on RCT2

So here is V2, layout is almost complete...

V2-110922120016000.jpg

V2-110922120118001.jpg

Twn114

Roller Poster
Once I've finished the ride, getting the ball rolling has been slow due to being away... Layout is complete and support work will start very soon, pictures will be posted up hopefully tomorrow!

Brookes

Giga Poster
I had a coaster with the same name on the go on here but I'm unlikely to finish it... from what you've shown this looks good though.

Twn114

Roller Poster
Layout is complete!

V2Layout.jpg

Support work starts as soon as i finish this post!

Some extra little shots...

V2-110922133112000.jpg

V2-110922133139001.jpg

A

Anonymous

I think that it needs a couple of more nodes to get the shaping of the objects a lot better. Also the "thing" that goes over/under the launch seems really miss-shaped...

Twn114

Roller Poster
"Thing" = The barrel roll that passes over the track after the launch?? It has gone through a bit of adjusting and feels and looks fine to ride!

The Box that surrounds the launch section isn't finished yet so that i can fit in supports around it and then finish it, it saves a lot of fitting the box around the supports and then it not working!

Xpress

Strata Poster
Twn114 said:
"Thing" = The barrel roll that passes over the track after the launch?? It has gone through a bit of adjusting and feels and looks fine to ride!

What may to you, won't to someone with more experience.

Remember: More verticies = more points of control.

Twn114

Roller Poster
Yeah I know he has a lot of experience, I've been using NoLimits for a few years aswell! I just never got round to releasing the rides because it was only a little hobby to pass the time and have a bit of fun like any other computer game! One other thing to take into account is the fact that you don't get a good perspective of the whole element in the pictures I have put up!

I take your word for it if it is slightly miss-shaped and will adjust accordingly so that it isn't miss-shaped!

Twn114

Roller Poster
Doing some supporting on the Cobra Roll... Does the Main support look suitable enough to support the top sections of the Cobra Roll ??

V2-110928193840000.jpg

[note not all of the supports on the Cobra roll are finished, this will not support the entire element!]