Who did you Vote for?

• Barack Obama

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Mitt Romney

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters

Snoo

The Legend
Are you looking at a different link to me??? You're really not giving credit to just how close it actually was. Apart from Washington, it's pretty much tit for tat on the "big swings". Where Obama gets say Hawaii on 71%, Romney picks up a Utah with 73%. In reality, Obama just won more of the 50(ish)% to 40odd% States. I think that page shows us that it was actually pretty close...

The final polls are close, but if you look at the population center states of America (California, Illinois, New York and Pennsylvania).. Obama took hold and swept up. While Romney did get a fair share in each state on top of winning decisively in typically Conservative regions (The South and West), Obama won because he won enough of the swing states and the typically Liberal states.

Sadly, as Tom mentioned, the popular vote doesn't matter, and the silly electoral college is what rules in the end. So really, all Obama had to do was campaign in the Swing states to win.. and judging on the number of ads I saw on a daily basis, you could tell both competitors were going hard at it.

Of course, winning decisively in Utah isn't the same as making anal pies on New York.. especially because Romney is a mormon and Utah is.. well.. mormon.

bmac

Giga Poster
Intricks said:
bmac said:
Intricks said:
^^ Romney had the higher popular vote by 0.1%

According to this Obama has the popular vote now.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/electio ... n-results/

Lol. Google had it at

Obama: 49.6%
Romney: 49.7%

Or something close to that. Maybe it was in the 48s.

Also, didnt someone (you I believe) say Fox was gonna do something like that?

Don't recall and cba to look it up on my phone. Personally I hate fox for their media reporting, but when it comes down to reporting the voter turnout and the EC votes, they're pretty spot on (although NBC did it faster).

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Honestly this will change nothing. The Republicans and the tea party members in the House will just say "NO" to anything proposed and we will be in another 4 years of horrible partisanship.

Also I voted for Obama as well

bmac

Giga Poster
Eagerly awaiting Chris Christie to announce he's running for president in 2016. So far he's the least **** up Republican that has gotten on national TV, and he's doing a rather swell job in NJ atm.

bmac

Giga Poster
Smithy said:
I can't take anybody with trousers that big seriously.

You should've seen his original reaction when Corzine (the governor before Christie) called him fat. There are quite a few articles out there with a good google search, but all the youtube vids are his professional reply to it.

But seriously he's actually the first decent governor New Jersey has had since Florio. I could say Codey was good, but he wasn't elected governor. He filled in for 3 days when Todd got booted and the rest of McGreevey's term when he left office because of his gay affair.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
The latest numbers our media is reporting, have Obama at 59.3 million votes and Romney at 56.8 million. Is (at most) one and a half million votes so disputed they can't be certain who won the popular vote? Looks like an Obama victory with these numbers, and I wouldn't expect them to sway by that much from media outlet to media outlet.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Absentee ballots, which includes deployed military ballots, won't be done counted for several weeks, considering large percentages of those deployed didn't get ballots in time.

Gazza

Giga Poster
tomahawKSU said:
While some of you may see it as the right step, I don't. Higher taxes, unemployment rate still high, especially when you account the people who are working jobs under their pay grade, like myself, and just the constant blaming of Bush. Well, he can't do it anymore. He was in last term, that is all he did, and I'm sure he will continue to do it more. Nothing is going to get better, pot is getting legalized so all the stoners are happy.

Opinions are opinions and I know I won't change anyone's, and nobody will change mine.

Quick question, but why aren't higher taxes warranted?
The US has had tax cuts in the past that they probably couldn't afford, and expenditure above income through taxes etc.

Red or blue, wouldn't the US have to do it anyway....Unless you wanted to end up like Greece or Spain?

Smithy

Strata Poster
Nope, the fools believe in cutting taxes for the rich will free up the money these rich people are in dire need of and in turn they'll spend it in poor peoples areas. The most basic form of 'trickle-down' economics you'll likely see.

Of course, I mock, but we somehow voted the Tories into power with similar economic policies.

bmac

Giga Poster
Smithy said:
Nope, the fools believe in cutting taxes for the rich will free up the money these rich people are in dire need of and in turn they'll spend it in poor peoples areas. The most basic form of 'trickle-down' economics you'll likely see.

Of course, I mock, but we somehow voted the Tories into power with similar economic policies.

I blame Reagan. But yeah there's no actual proof that it works, yet it's always spoken as if it'll magically solve all the economic issues.

VascoXTRC

Roller Poster
I voted for Obama. I felt Obama was the safe choice. Romney did a poor job explaining how his tax plan would work. Bill Clinton (3 million +) actually calculated his taxes according to the Romney Plan and still got a 1/4 of a million tax cut, same share?????. Obama plans to return to the Clinton tax rates which WORKED. The problem is the effing house. The house is republican majority so Obama is unable get anything to pass. The republicans have this pact refusing to compromise on anything, essentially making the democratic party fail instead of thinking about the bettering of the USA. We have too much division of the parties, we need to work together to better America.