What's new

URBAN EXPLORING (Not for Squeamish)

Soo, I took the day off school and my mom and I drove about two hours north to some smaller towns, to go explore some abandoned houses. At first, we were really discouraged because we couldn't find them, and there were soo many bugs (I'm talking a ridiculous amount) at the ones we did find due to it being near the water. Soo, we continued driving, stopping at random cemeteries and such to take pictures, until we came across our first real "find":

taylorUEetc045.jpg

taylorUEetc019.jpg

taylorUEetc020.jpg

taylorUEetc021.jpg

Then, we went over rotten floorboards to get inside, which was kind of scary, even though it was only about a three or four foot drop to the ground.

This is the first room we saw:

taylorUEetc022.jpg

A staircase, in decent shape:

taylorUEetc023.jpg

taylorUEetc027.jpg

Then, we made our way to the kitchen, which looked to have an AWESOME colour scheme and wallpaper back in the day!

taylorUEetc028.jpg

taylorUEetc029.jpg

taylorUEetc033.jpg

taylorUEetc038.jpg

Upon closer inspection, we saw a cellar, which we didn't dare go down:

taylorUEetc031.jpg

It actually went down pretty far.

Then.. Upon even CLOSER inspection by my mother, I heard an extremely loud scream. Right next to her foot was this.. cat I'm guessing (don't look if you don't like gross things).

taylorUEetc036.jpg

taylorUEetc040.jpg

After we went into the backyard, we left that house, and made are way down the road a little bit more. We found this house, right out in the open:

taylorUEetc046.jpg

We couldn't go in because the doorway was too high, but the door was open so we sneaked a peak!

taylorUEetc048.jpg

taylorUEetc047.jpg

After this, we continued along our path until we came to a very overgrown house, that was actually for sale. It looked bad on the outside:

taylorUEetc052.jpg

taylorUEetc053.jpg

But, me and my mom thought it was definitely something that could be fixed up, because the inside wasn't rotted as bad as the other ones.

taylorUEetc054.jpg

taylorUEetc055.jpg

Animal poo.. yumm!

taylorUEetc056.jpg

taylorUEetc058.jpg

taylorUEetc059.jpg

taylorUEetc060.jpg

We thought this old phonebook was cool:

taylorUEetc061.jpg

Upstairs (which a damn bird flew straight towards me and scared the **** out of me):

taylorUEetc065.jpg

After that house, we went to our fourth house.. Quite possibly the scariest house on our excursions. We didn't even know it was abandoned at first.. But we braved it, and went inside.

taylorUEetc067.jpg

Clearly, this had some squatters in it:

taylorUEetc071.jpg

taylorUEetc069.jpg

taylorUEetc068.jpg

taylorUEetc070.jpg

taylorUEetc072.jpg

My mom went into the bathroom, and almost barfed because of all the human poop in the toilet (the odd thing was, the bathroom had a very new looking shower curtain, but everything else in the house was old).

I was scared we were gonna run into a psycho maniac person or something, so when my mom went through a doorway while I stood in the kitchen, and let out a "OH MY ****ING GOD, THAT'S SCARY", I was out of that house SO fast. I thought she found a dead body or something, and she was out pretty fast too. Then she came out and told me there was a huge dead animal body.. So I went back in to look. It was not pretty.. We think it was a dog:

taylorUEetc073.jpg

We wonder why it was propped up like that.

Our last house of the trip didn't look too bad from the outside:

taylorUEetc075.jpg

But absolutely REEKED of urine, because it was completely sealed. So, I had to go in, take a picture, get out for air, and go back in, etc. A lot of the old furniture was still there:

taylorUEetc074.jpg

taylorUEetc076.jpg

taylorUEetc077.jpg

taylorUEetc079.jpg

What made me sad was the eviction notice or notice saying that the homeowner couldn't afford his house anymore:

taylorUEetc080.jpg

taylorUEetc081.jpg

taylorUEetc083.jpg

taylorUEetc085.jpg

We drove a bit more up the road, and came across this old house, which we had actually gone into last October, so we didn't go in it again since I had to go home and work. But, it's definitely the most creepy looking, though the inside was covered in caterpillars last time I saw it.

taylorUEetc086.jpg

THE END

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
The things you Canadians do for fun, eh? ::p

The animal bodies don't look very pleasant, or indeed the **** that seemed to be everywhere. Not nice places at all.

The houses look quite dilapidated, but I can see that once they would have looked gorgeous, which is a shame.

I suggest you visit these at night, Taylor. It'll scare the **** out of you :lol:

^ Haha, indeed.. It was actually the first time and and my mom actually went out and did this, and I enjoyed it. We went in that one old house before, the one in the last picture, but other than that, yah this was our first real outing.

The houses for sure weren't nice, but you're right, some of them probably looked good in their prime, especially the first one.

And no, not visiting these at night at all! Some were scary enough in the day (the one with the dead dog and hobos).. Me and my mom both said we're never gonna go back to that one, ever.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Yes, they're called '****ed up people' :D

[/inappropriate arguing about why looking at old houses where people probably died and taking photos is not in any way, state or other, extremely ****ed up]

^ People could've died anywhere.. People could've died in your house, or my house, so is looking at them any more wrong than looking at those? I'm not going in to disrespect or steal anything, it's merely out of interest.

A

Anonymous

I know that the old lady who used to live in the flat I'm in atm died in my bedroom in a big storm as it caused her to have a heart attack. Cool pics BTW looks like a good place to go for halloween.

I know that the old lady who used to live in the flat I'm in atm died in my bedroom in a big storm as it caused her to have a heart attack. Cool pics BTW looks like a good place to go for halloween.

Aww that's sad.. As far as I know, nobody ever died here so far.

Urban exploration is cool.

I approve.

Yayy Lain approves!

Lain

Giga Poster
kitsune said:
I know that the old lady who used to live in the flat I'm in atm died in my bedroom in a big storm as it caused her to have a heart attack.

Can anybody else smell something..?

A

Anonymous

Most of the people who live on this estate have been here since it was built the 50's so it is a mainly OAP area till the council moved us in 6 years ago. So alot of the deaths hear are age related.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Wes Craven would smack you upside your head, haven't you seen Scream? Do you not know the absolute don'ts of horror movies? :--D

Seriously cool stuff, the petrified cat is really really amazing in a weird oddball kind of way.

peep

CF Legend
That first pic of the cat thing actually freaked me out. The other dead animal looks really weird and creepy. Do you think it was real or like a plastic skeleton thing.

I find it really odd how houses get into that sort of state. Kinda baffles me, like for example, how was that weird patch of something created on the ceiling? (hopefully you know what I mean by that).

Also, clue = win. Was the board still there with all the pieces?