Universal's Epic Universe | Orlando USA | Theme Park

cookie

Giga Poster
The dueling Sky Flys in the HTTYD area have gone up

F2x-djzXMAAhVw8

source: bioreconstruct

MagicMountainFan

Roller Poster
I'm really excited to see Starfall Racers begin testing. Depending on how fast it goes through some of those elements it could be my favorite coaster in Orlando.
From what I hear, Mack's most best looking coasters like Star Trek, Copperhead, and even DC Rivals are all disappointments in terms of intensity so I expect Velocicoaster to be miles better.

ScottLann

Mega Poster
In terms of launches, yeah! Intamin definitely has the more intense and powerful launches.

When I think about Icon and how gentle that coaster is, I can totally see why a lot of people tend to be disappointed with those Mack coasters.
But then I went on Lost Gravity at Walibi and that totally changed my opinion on how crazy Mack could actually go.

By the looks of some of the elements on the duelling coaster, I think it's safe to say there could be plenty of intense moments throughout. My biggest wish for this though is that Mack start to make their launches have a bit more of a kick to them as they are severely underwhelming at the moment:confused:

Inverting_Thrills

Mega Poster
From what I hear, Mack's most best looking coasters like Star Trek, Copperhead, and even DC Rivals are all disappointments in terms of intensity so I expect Velocicoaster to be miles better.
For one, I've never heard of anyone calling DC Rivals underwhelming in terms of intensity but maybe I'm just out of the loop. Secondly, I found Velocicoaster to be underwhelming. Funnily enough I actually thought it was lacking in intensity.

MagicMountainFan

Roller Poster
Its not that this isn't the right fit for this park, I was just saying that compared to how intense intamins are I hear macks are less intense. I also thought that the only mack thrill coaster I rode, which was copperhead strike, was not intense at all.

Lofty

CF Legend
Its not that this isn't the right fit for this park, I was just saying that compared to how intense intamins are I hear macks are less intense. I also thought that the only mack thrill coaster I rode, which was copperhead strike, was not intense at all.
You're basing your entire assumption of experience on one of their smaller rides.

This is the perfect fit for the park, you know... because their creative and procurement department found it to be the best ride for their park...

Ethan

Strata Poster
I'm no expert but I imagine a coaster that looks quite daunting but Is actually suitable for a large audience would be perfect for a Universal park? The parks are built for families but with more thrills than a Disney park, so a big Mack launch coaster sounds like a hit tbh. Big, fast, but nothing that will be too much.

CineramaMax

Mega Poster
In terms of launches, yeah! Intamin definitely has the more intense and powerful launches.

When I think about Icon and how gentle that coaster is, I can totally see why a lot of people tend to be disappointed with those Mack coasters.
But then I went on Lost Gravity at Walibi and that totally changed my opinion on how crazy Mack could actually go.

By the looks of some of the elements on the duelling coaster, I think it's safe to say there could be plenty of intense moments throughout. My biggest wish for this though is that Mack start to make their launches have a bit more of a kick to them as they are severely underwhelming at the moment:confused:

Ride To Happiness has an intense launch. Then there's Cloud Coaster in China, which is a hyper LSM launch coaster with a top hat. They can definitely do intense if a park wants them to. :) Time will tell how Starfall Racers rides of course.

MagicMountainFan

Roller Poster
Ride To Happiness has an intense launch. Then there's Cloud Coaster in China, which is a hyper LSM launch coaster with a top hat. They can definitely do intense if a park wants them to. :) Time will tell how Starfall Racers rides of course.
Ride to Happiness is an intense ride, and the spinning makes it feel even more intense, bit there is no way you can argue it is as intense as an intamin blitz, so the launch will definitely kick less than velocicoaster.

Rupert

Mega Poster
Looks amazing - you can almost feel the airtime. I just can’t fathom why they chose the support colour though - it’s so drab.

ViperGTS500

Roller Poster
Awesome! How come Universal went with Mack for these coasters? Figured it would of been Intamin since they been working with them lately

emoo

Hyper Poster
They already own Velocicoaster drawing people to IOA. Don't want to water down that rides impact by matching or attempting to outdo it close by in the same resort. Having a different offering encourages guests to all 3 of the theme parks instead of just settling for one, especially when this isn't a walk or themed ride away.

A people eating people pleaser re-ridable all day sounds great to me. I have long hoped Starfall racers to be well rounded and all the fun and none of the bruising.

spicy

Giga Poster
They already own Velocicoaster drawing people to IOA. Don't want to water down that rides impact by matching or attempting to outdo it close by in the same resort. Having a different offering encourages guests to all 3 of the theme parks instead of just settling for one, especially when this isn't a walk or themed ride away.

A people eating people pleaser re-ridable all day sounds great to me. I have long hoped Starfall racers to be well rounded and all the fun and none of the bruising.

Velocicoaster left you with bruising?

Personally found it to be very smooth.