What's new

Twister - Gravity Group Coaster for Grona Lund

A

Anonymous

Hixee said:
(PS, anyone want a trip to Grona Lund this year?)
Are you paying??

I will probably try and go on the press event before the grand opening as a reporter from Coasterforce :)
But then again I might get there sooner than that...

I really like the looks of this! It's small and doesn't look like too much but then you see the on ride and stuff and it definitely has good potential. I feel like it might be like Cornball Express.. Doesn't look like too much but once you ride it, it's great!

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
It wouldn't be the most exciting coaster if it were out in the open, but the close calls, headchoppers and other coaster tracks intertwining will make it a very interesting experience!

kimahri

CF Legend
dat_ass_yo.jpg

Dat drop

Martyn B

CF Legend
Will they ever draw the line on how many coasters they're going to cram in that section? Thats ****ing crazy really, makes BPB looks average.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^I remember reading somewhere they've just in an application for a B&M Flyer on that site too. :lol:

;)

Tomatron

Giga Poster
I'm not just amazed how they cram their rides in there, I'm amazed they can do it at all. Might have to visit Stockholm again quite soon!

Martyn B

CF Legend
^ I guess you can fly to Stockholm from a variety of our airtports here?

Could make a nice long weekend getaway.

A

Anonymous

I'm pretty sure that they are going to use 6 car trains, so 12 riders/go. I doubt that they could use longer due to the tight track. The capacity feels a bit low, but go there on the right day (like we did last year) and you could easily get multiple rides during on the day.

Bye Tom

Roller Poster
As having Gröna Lund as my home park I'm VERY excited, looks better and better the more I get to see of it. And believe me, this does wonders to the park's skyline.

I just wanted to add that the new coaster you're talking about is probably the plans to enlarge the park over a nearby parking lot. The proposals for the area are all clear and approved and the area is believed to be opened in about 2-3 seasons.

EDIT: I would show you a picture of an early rendering, but I can't link to it since it says I've to be a member for 7 days before I can do so even though I've been a member here since more than a year back.

A

Anonymous

Cool to have another swede here on the forum, I think that the "not being able to post links" bit is a bit wrong, since you really have to get a post count of more than 20, not wait 7 days, so get posting :) (could easily be done in the opinions/polls section). Would be nice to see some more up to date images from Kastellholmen or similar...

Yeah I know that the Invert plans are together with the future expansion of Gröna Lund, there is a topic on here somewhere about it. The Stealth clone on the other hand would have had it's station close to where Twister is today and the rest of the ride sticking out in the water.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
(Welcome to CF, Bye Tom. The link posting can begin after you have 5 posts and have been a member for 24hrs.)

A

Anonymous

New video of the Twister construction site. The chain is installed, they are finishing the track at the moment, they have started installing the electrical equipment, the boardwalk is under construction with a few stalls located under the airtime hill and the train will arrive soon (there will be an un-boxing video of that :p )!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIbmN4gpFn0&feature=feedu[/youtube]
In Swedish...

Bye Tom

Roller Poster
Loved seeing how the station and queue will be right inside the mess. Also, the quick view we get of the drop in the very end of the video is mindblowing. Can't wait to try it out! :)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It looks so funny! That turn looks way too tight and the drop too steep as well. It's going to be interesting riding this in the back row.