What's new

Tupperware

Do you own lots of tupperware?

• Yes. LOADS.

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dunno, like I pay attention to silly things like this.

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

peep

CF Legend
So kinda following on from Joey's Picnic topic I thought I'd create a topic about the wonderful world of tupperware. Funnily enough the breakfast radio show I listen to had a conversation about it the other day.

So were you brought up with tupperware boxes and whatnot? Were you a kid at school that had your pack lunch in a tupperware box or to take food on your travels? It would appear they have a multitude of uses though, like, trapping wild animals...

bat-tupperware.jpg

I think we may have used a tupperware box to catch a big spider once, to then chuck it out into the garden.

We used to have quite a lot of products, like drinks canisters and lunchboxes, little containers for like grapes or something and I think a few kitchen utensils too. I think we had so much because one of the mums at the school was a saleswoman for tupperware and did like evening events where she showcased all the latest products and then all the mums would go apesh*t over them and buys loads of them.

Ben

CF Legend
Urgh, that photo of the bat <///3

It reminds me of the time my mum was going to sleep and in the dark a bat started flying around, and then it was in the house, and it went in my hair <//3

We didn't use Tupperware for that, pretty much the only thing my mum has never used it for. She loves it. She's also got this AMAZING thing that seals sandwich bags in a fab way, and uses loads of little tin containers for freezing food <3 She's fab.

We use Tupperware for so much. I've only got about three myself, one with pasta in it, one with mince pies and one with, well, dust, at the moment. They are fab, but, I don't really keep food long enough to bother storing it, I just INHALE.

Also, would never take one out with me. Jesus no. Might as well just wear a sign that says "I'M POOR".

kimahri

CF Legend
Ben said:
She's also got this AMAZING thing that seals sandwich bags in a fab way,

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXsN7nwg9iE[/youtube]

?

Anyway. We sort of use them to store stuff in the fridge but I was a cool kid at school and had a cool lunchbox with something on it... I can't remember what it was.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
We have a few small ones that are useful for putting soft food like berries in when going out and about. Generally though, nope. We sometimes get cakes off my mum in them and then they lurk around for weeks, looking for small flying mammals to trap.

Madame_Furie has a few for cereal which I don't understand. The boxes (okay, there were free with "Alpen", but that's irrelevant because nobody ever eats that ****) are too big for a normal sized box of cereal so take up more room and are half full (or is that half empty?). Plus, a box of cereal lasts maybe a week? So the cupboards can't contain as much cereal as before and requite effort once a week to replenish. I just don't understand it, but some times it's just best to let her get on :lol:

nadroJ

CF Legend
I have tupperware with the intention of using it. Alas, it just sits at the back of the cupboard. One day, when I'm a real person, it shall have its uses.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Oh my god we have so much of the ****. Though a lot of it has been replaced with lock-n-lock boxes...

We have this one box that is like 70s orange and has a texture to it, and it makes at least 2 of my friends feel sick. Sometimes cheese resides in it.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
No tupperware but I do get a lot of those disposable microwave tubs from Poundland which I use to freeze leftover food like lasagna, chillie and stews.

Take it out the freezer before going to work, get home, microwave it, eat from the tub, chuck out tub, wash fork...done!

I love taking my lunch bag to uni on Wednesdays with my little tupperware container that holds a sandwich <3

True story. I probably look like such a loser, but my wallet would be crying if I spent $10 on lunch every day.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Ian said:
No tupperware but I do get a lot of those disposable microwave tubs from Poundland which I use to freeze leftover food like lasagna, chillie and stews.

Take it out the freezer before going to work, get home, microwave it, eat from the tub, chuck out tub, wash fork...done!

This.

I batch cook at uni, meaning I make two or three giant meals a week (like spag bol, curry, sweet and sour chicken, chilli...etc), eat one portion that evening and then freeze a further 2 or 3 portions for another day. Therefore, mini-tubs or Chinese takeaway boxes are really useful.

I think I'll grab some more from Poundland, actually.

Ben

CF Legend
^Yeah, they're what I mean by my mum using little tin things to freeze food in.

They are really good. We must have 20 in our freezer at any one time, each individually labeled <3

And if we have, say, Pasta Bake and I've inhaled my portion and want more, and go to get some more, she'll get all upset and go "now I can't freeze an extra meal <///3" and I'm like "bitch, please, I'm hungry"