What's new

Trip Plans For 2015

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Having seen the stingyness of Merlins new year annual pass sale - with a mere £10 off for renewals, I doubt I'll be renewing - even the new kiddy cred at alton doesn't look like enough of a draw!

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Well...

*There's this Canadian Minder Mike that Michelle (my girlfriend) and I want to do in the offseason as a crazy day trip.
*Michelle and I are planning to do Rougarou and Thunderbird's media days.
*I've been informed that there is nothing better in the world than earning a medal (you get them just for finishing) from a triathlon/half marathon/full marathon and wearing it to a park afterwards, so I plan to find a tri in the Dayton/Cinci area and wear my medal to Kentucky Kingdom after that. Plan to give Kings Island and Cedar Point similar treatment throughout the season.
*Want to make independent trips to Michigan's Adventure and Kennywood this season, potentially bringing a triathlon medal with me if I can find one in the area. ;)
*Probably Fury 325 if my schedule allows me to go on this trip.
*Some Coaster Crew friends and I plan to do a Pennsylvania trip including Hershey, Knoebels, Waldameer, and Lakemont.
*Michelle and I intend to do a weekend trip to her grandma's since it's within driving distance of Six Flags St. Louis.
*Michelle has qualified for a major triathlon in Milwaukee so I'm going on a #racecationcredrun as they call it. We'll be doing Six Flags Great America and Wisconsin Dells.

So in short: A lot is planned, I intend to be doing creds alongside running this summer in addition to my job and potentially taking differential equations over the summer, and now there are TWO big fat goons going on these trips!

EDIT: Probably should also mention that Michelle got both of us ACE memberships for Christmas, so we'll likely end up doing Holiwood Nights and maybe a few other events schedule permitting. :)

S

SimonSays99

This year is totally about my big USA trip hitting all major parks between New York and Chicago including SFGadv, Kings Island, Carowinds, Kings Dominion, SFGAm, CP, Hershey and many more.

Next to that I keep within Germany with heading over to Hansa-Park asap after Kärnan is finished plus doing Oktoberfest after some years again. Maybe also doing Rheinwiese - Germany 2nd largest funfair in Düsseldorf - I combination with Phantasialand.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Booked a 6 day jaunt over to Germany over Easter.

Heide Park
Serengeti Park
Zoo Safaripark
Movie Park
Phantasialand
Nurburgring
Freizeit Klotten
Plus a couple of +1s

A total of 26 creds, so pumped.

Also got the day trip to Plopsaland planned. Nothing else is technically booked yet, but plenty in the pipelines.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
So for some updates now.

Drayton Manor, Alton Towers & Blackpool is an option for somewhere in a weekend (hopefully in May somewhere).

Italy might also be possible. I'd be doing Gardaland, Movieland Studios and Mirabilandia as the main parks then somewhere in July with Tilen.

Finland is still on the cards, but Sweden is postponed till 2016 (for obvious reasons :p ).

Might be visiting Tripsdrill in September/October.

PortAventura is most likely a 2016 trip for me.

No foreign trips are 100% yet except for Belgium and Movie Park Germany/Phantasialand.

TilenB

Strata Poster
^ Can I tag in for Sweden in 2016? :D

As goes for my 2015 plans, Madeira has now been confirmed for late February. It'll be more of a relaxing tourist trip rather than anything else, since we've practically seen most of the island on our previous two visits.

I have no plans of going to a theme park until after I'm done with my high school finals, but after that, a tad elongated summer is going to come, for which the possible plans are:
- there was initially a plan to do Movieland, Gardaland and EXPO in late June (around the dates when CF Live is going to take place as well), but it's also possible to go somewhere else instead.
- as Thom mentioned above, we have an Italy trip up in the air in the early July (when Mirabilandia also starts their summer season). But I'll have to get my driving license and a car first for the trip to get to fruition.
- There's been a long time plan for me to visit my relatives who live in Coventry. I'm kind of thinking of doing that at some point in July as well
- I do plan to hit some of the smaller Austrian parks and/or go back to Vienna at some point in the summer (I now have a 30€ Prater gift card that I got as a birthday gift to use). Is anybody interested in joining? :D

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Jordanovichy said:

Heide Park
Serengeti Park
Zoo Safaripark
Movie Park
Phantasialand
Nurburgring
Freizeit Klotten
Plus a couple of +1s

Also got the day trip to Plopsaland planned. Nothing else is technically booked yet, but plenty in the pipelines.

My big trip for the year is now also booked. Heading off to Japan for 16 days of theme park and Japanese Culture in early September. Heading to:

Disneyland Tokyo
DisneySea
Fuji Q
Yomiuriland
Yokohoma Cosmoworld
Sea Paradise
Nagashima Spaland
Parque Espana
Universal Studios Osaka

Plus any +1s as they pop up plus plenty of culture in the area including hopefully climbing up Mount Fuji and seeing the sunrise which will be truly awe-inspiring.

Absolutely cannot wait.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
So I've already done my round of local Orlando parks in 2015.... And a trip to Six Flags Over Georgia already as well <3

I'm planning a Salt Lake City / Denver trip now for sure. I decided I wanna ride Cannibal and I'm not gonna fly out to Utah for just a park.. so I'll drive some 8 hours and do Lakeside and Elitch too. Seems like a good idea, no? - Map via GoogleMaps

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Glenwood looks pretty cool but I already got to ride their major coaster, when it was still at Celebration City so I don't know if I wanna track it down..... Well, at least this time around.

Intricks

Strata Poster
So Ive been able to make plans for a Kings Island and Holiday World trip for season opening/Thunderbirds opening. Kings Island would be on Friday as well as a possible Sunday, with Holiday World being all day Saturday as I need me some much needed Voyage love (dem forces <3 ). Plus Thunderbird and Banshee :3

Anyone want to partake in said grand adventure?

GCI Wooden

Roller Poster
Definitely:
Valleyfair (home park)
Nickelodeon Universe
Spirit Mountain

Most likely:
Timber Falls Adventure Park
Little Amerricka
Go Bananas!
Safari Land
Six Flags Great America
Bay Beach Amusement Park

Maybe:
Adventureland (Iowa)

Probably not, but I can dream:
Arnolds Park

bmac

Giga Poster
My main focus this year is New England, going to go up there by all means once Wicked Cyclone opens. I also have plans to visit Knoebels and Hersheypark, trying to make them a yearly tradition for my dad and I.

nadroJ

CF Legend
I've been in full on planning mode the past few days, and my year is shaping up a little bit like this:

Easter: Germany/Belgium
April 19th: Plopsa day trip
Early May Bank Holiday: Cornwall
Mid-May: Blackpool
Mid-June: Walygator/Fraispertuis
Mid-July: Vienna
September: Japan
October: Germany/Switzerland

Shaping up to be a rather fab looking schedule if I do say so myself <3 Should snap up roughly 100 creds and snap a little bit closer at Richard's heels while I'm at it ;]

ThomVD

Giga Poster
My schedule so far is (not official yet):

April: Belgium (Walibi Belgium, Bellewaerde, Plopsa), Movie Park Germany
May: Phantasialand, Bobbejaanland
June: Plopsa Coo
July: Duinrell, Efteling for Baron opening day.
August: Norway (TusenFryd), Finland (Linnanmäki, Särkänniemi, PowerPark), Sweden (Gröna Lund, Skara Sommarland, Liseberg).
September/October: England (Drayton Manor, Alton Towers, Blackpool), Tripsdrill.
November/December: Winter Efteling <3 Also Wintertraum (Phantasialand) hopefully

Probably going to visit Efteling every month, but the Baron opening day deserves a special mention <3

I'm re-visiting Sweden because of the friends I have there. I can stay in Stockholm, Västerås and Göteborg for free. Only new park is Skara, but I have plenty of rides in the other two parks that I missed. Saving Kolmården for next year.

TusenFryd and Finland are on the same trip. Visiting a friend in Finland as well, who will join me to the parks.

Movie Park and Bobbejaanland are easy day trips and can be done at any time of the year really. May just seems like a decent time.

Also cred whoring some small Dutch parks because I have free public transport. Should give me around +4.

Will be around 85 new creds :)

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Jordanovichy said:
Jordanovichy said:

Heide Park
Serengeti Park
Zoo Safaripark
Movie Park
Phantasialand
Nurburgring
Freizeit Klotten
Plus a couple of +1s

My big trip for the year is now also booked. Heading off to Japan for 16 days of theme park and Japanese Culture in early September. Heading to:

Disneyland Tokyo
DisneySea
Fuji Q
Yomiuriland
Yokohoma Cosmoworld
Sea Paradise
Nagashima Spaland
Parque Espana
Universal Studios Osaka

Plus any +1s as they pop up plus plenty of culture in the area including hopefully climbing up Mount Fuji and seeing the sunrise which will be truly awe-inspiring.

Absolutely cannot wait.

Right, I've been in planning mode this week too, and my year is looking like this:

Easter: Germany
April 19th: Plopsa day trip
Early May Bank Holiday: Cornwall
Some point between ^ and below: East coast with Odyssey, Gt. Yarmouth and Pleasurewood Hills.
Mid-May: Blackpool
September: Japan
October: Germany/Switzerland
Nov: Efteling

I literally copied nadroJ's plans because I'm basically doing the same :p

Something around 140 creds if all goes to plan. I am going to try and push to double my count for the third year in a row and go for 312 but I think that is a little over the top. I'll be extortionately happy with 300.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Mine is currently:

Feb 1-3 (ie just gone) - DLP

apr 18-19 - Nigloland / walygator (with ECC) (assuming I can get the friday before and saturday after off).

May 16th - blackpool live/love

June 6th-20th - Usa spectacular
one week New york and new england with ECC - revisiting a few parks from the 2012 live, and a couple of new ones
Great Escape, Story Land, Funtown, Canobie, Quassy, Six Flags New England, Lake Compounce, Rye playland, Knoebels, Coney Island, Maybe some alpine's too

One week extra doing SFGAD (Maybe 2 days to make sure I get El Toro!), new york sights and maybe one more park day to be decided!

and I should think I'll be doing ghosterforce

Other plans -

Would love to get back to Phantasialand sometime - went about 9 years ago, and whilst there's no new coasters, there's plenty of other new things to see, and Colorado adventure, and mambagasm as well as lots of other things

Rhyl and greenwood

Ocean beach North shields

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Just booked train tickets for a weekend in Shantou at the end of March. There's not much there, but it's somewhere new and not too far away (a couple of hours by high-speed train from Shenzhen, so should take me around 3 1/2 - 4 hours from here including immigration faff and transferring via the Metro). There's a Fantawild park there with a really poor coaster selection, but Fanta do nice parks with decent dark rides, so we'll see what this one's like.

I've also booked flights to Shenyang for a long weekend at the end of May. One of China's new woodies opened up there a couple of months ago at Hot Go Park, and there's a bunch of other crappy stuff around as well. There also doesn't seem to be anything else in the immediate pipeline in the area, which is currently the bane of my life when trying to sort places to visit; too much new crap opening this year and no known dates as to when.

Edward M

Strata Poster
Happening
Waterville USA (March)
Six Flags Over Texas (May)
Alabama Adventure (June)
Holiday World (Summer)
Kentucky Kingdom (Summer)
Beech Bend (Summer)
Kings Island (Summer)

Likely
Disney World (June)
Disneyland (July)
Busch Gardens Tampa (June)

Possibly
Universal Orlando (June)
Six Flags Magic Mountain (July)
Six Flags Over Georgia (August)

Colossus

Giga Poster
Confirmed

Europa Park
Tripsdrill
Holiday Park
Movie Park
Phantasialand
Alton Towers
Thorpe Park

Possible

Blackpool Live - If Tash allows it as the date is our anniversary
Bottons
Fantasy Island
Flamingoland
Lightwater Valley

Distant Future

Something in October for my 30th either Florida (depends how cheap I can make it) or some sort of European cred trip (depends whats open)