What's new

Top Gear Stig

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
Well, i didn't know where to put this so feel free to move.

Anyway, tonight on Top Gear apparently they are going o reveal who the stig are, so get your guesses in!

My guess- haven't got a clue.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Do you actually think this will happen?

Think of the previous years publicity stunts when the announce a new series.

There was Hammond's car crash - ok not planned but milked for all it was worth. Last year was Clarkson's broken arsehole following the GHV/brick wall crash and this year they are going to "reveal the Stig."

They will remove the helmet and they'll be a mask or something else obscuring his real identity. I'm so confident about this, if they do actually reveal the Stig's real identity, I will eat a dog turd on toast.

Lewis

Hyper Poster
Ian said:
They will remove the helmet and they'll be a mask or something else obscuring his real identity. I'm so confident about this, if they do actually reveal the Stig's real identity, I will eat a dog turd on toast.

Eat your words, Ian. XD

Is it really
Schumacher
though?

Lucy

Hyper Poster
I reckon it was a stunt too - it would spoil the show if they did reveal who The Stig is :) But a great start to the new series, I loved the race they did from London to Edinburgh :D

Martyn

Giga Poster
Ian said:

Technically you owe us proof of you eating said dog turd on toast.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Indeed. They'll be no turd eating at all. Was just a stunt. Schumacher was a pretend Sting, not The Stig. The end credits still credited The Stig as well as special guest, Schumacher.

In fact, I reckon everybody else should have to eat a turd on toast instead, particularly Neal. End.

Martyn

Giga Poster
jokerman said:
^They didn't actually reveal who it was though. So he shouldn't have to.

Schumacher was added to the list of various Stigs as he was driving the FXX around the track for its lap.

That car is Schumacher's personal FXX as it's the only black one, and the only one without a stripe.

That means he is now one of the many Stigs! Along with Heikki Kovalainen, Ben Collins and the rest of the list!

There is no the Stig these days.

ibreathesbs

Mega Poster
I find it really hard to believe that the Stig is Michael Schumacher. But I will say one thing, that friggin' FFX is scary fast, and I want to drive one.

Emmett

Giga Poster
I just watched the lap during lunch and it looked like the video was speeded up. The FFX was so quick around the turns and the braking was unbelievable. The whole build up to revealing the Stig was great too, I would have never have thought it was Schumacher driving. It was brilliant to get him on and do that one off lap.

One thing though, is the FFX classified as a road going car because don't they only count them towards the lap on Top Gear.

ibreathesbs

Mega Poster
Emmett said:
I just watched the lap during lunch and it looked like the video was speeded up. The FFX was so quick around the turns and the braking was unbelievable. The whole build up to revealing the Stig was great too, I would have never have thought it was Schumacher driving. It was brilliant to get him on and do that one off lap.

One thing though, is the FFX classified as a road going car because don't they only count them towards the lap on Top Gear.

I thought they counted it if it could fit over a speed bump.

Martyn

Giga Poster
Emmett said:

Indeed, the FXX isn't a road legal car, they'll probably take it off the board next week or something.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Yeah, they only left it on for Ferrari and Shumi, as it is his own FXX, but surely he would have a FXX Evolutione by now?