What's new

Top 5 coasters at Six Flags Magic Mountain

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
SFMM has the by far the best selection of coasters of any park that I have been too and possibly best in the world and it only helps that there are so many of them. My top 5 coasters at SFMM all make it into my top 20 and they are all just totally awesome. Here they are:

1. X2 (so unique, exciting, scary and re-rideable despite its roughness)
2. Tatsu (an amazing smooth flight with an insane pretzel loop)
3. Riddler's Revenge (a really long, interesting layout and standing ups adds to the thrills for me)
4. Apocalypse (a really underrated woodie that has incredible pacing)
5. Batman: The Ride (short, but really intense all the way through to the brake run)

What are you top 5 SFMM coasters?

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster
1. X2 - As you said unique and thrilling
2. Apocalypse - I love the theming considering it's six flags and love it has woodie
3. Tatsu - This is the true meaning of a flying coaster ( However I like Manta more)
4. Goliath - The only rides thats made me feel...small and has the most awesome ride entrence sign!!!
5. Batman The Ride - I like the Batman theme (look at my avatar :) )

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
1. X2 - ****.
2. Tatsu - Massive layout with a spectacular rider experience. Pretzel Loop = Less than three.
3. Green Lantern: First Flight - Stop what you are doing and go ride this ride. The MOST underrated roller coaster in the world right now.
4. Apocalypse - A shorter length (Prowler is longer), but fantastic pacing and great transitions.
5. Viper - The last hope for Arrow loopers.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
1. X2
2. Tatsu
3. Goliath (I don't know why it doesn't get a bit more love to be honest)
4. Apocalypse (Terminator at the time)
5. Scream

TilenB

Strata Poster
Weee, exactly one year from my visit now:
My top (as much as I remember):
1. X2, because is so... different
2. Tatsu, I love to fly :p
3. Goliath, amazing forces
4. Apocalypse, my favorite woodie
5. Viper, great classic coaster
6. Ninja, swinging trains <3
7. Deja Vu, it was great, saddly removed now
8. Batman, I'm sure its great, bad experience on it though
9. Colossus
10. Riddler's Revenge, meh...

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I'd be intrigued if people tagged on if they were able to ride Green Lantern during their visit, to see how the new coaster compares.

Mike

Giga Poster
My top 9 in reverse order:
9. Ninja - Pretty much a fast monorail. It only gets on the list as it's A LOT better than the 8 pieces of crap that don't get onto my list...

8. Tatsu - My least favourite Flying Coaster. A real ball-squasher, but it gets bonus marks for the huge almost-black-out Pretzel Loop and for also making my Q-Bot buddy, whom I didn't get along with whatsoever, ill in 2009. Too intense for me...

7. Green Lantern: First Flight - It's decent for what it is, but it really doesn't do much apart from throw you forward into your restraints a few times.

6. Batman The Ride - The clasic B&M Invert. I THINK I enjoyed it better last year than in 2009, but I don't really remember much of it to be honest.

5. Goliath - Back in 2009, this was right up within my top 15 in the world. After my ride on it last year, however, it has fallen right down after giving a forceless, airtimeless ride.

4. Colossus - A vastly underrated woodie in my opinion. Very smooth and generates a decent amount of speed. It's a bit of a shame it lacks the airtime but it is an excellent oft looked-over ride.

3. X2 - Again, this is a ride that I had vastly different rides on in 2009 compared to 2011. In 2009 it was incredible with everything working, but riding again with a broken sound system and giving a bumpier ride makes a hell of a lot of difference.

2. Apocalypse the Ride - I'm really actually rating this based on when it was Terminator, as I didn't manage to get on it last year, but I thought it was incredible. It does hold that awesome-ERT bias towards it, though.

1. Superman: Escape from Krypton - Forward-facing cars = Meh. Backwards facing cars = OMG! What a difference a reverse launched makes. Incredible ride and the only one that left me with that buzzing feeling afterwards.

Everything else doesn't deserve to make the list, as they're all pieces of crap which deserve to be melted down into scrap. :)

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Mike said:
Everything else doesn't deserve to make the list, as they're all pieces of crap which deserve to be melted down into scrap.

So i guess you don't like Scream, Riddler's or Viper then.

Mike

Giga Poster
CookieCoasters said:
Mike said:
Everything else doesn't deserve to make the list, as they're all pieces of crap which deserve to be melted down into scrap.

What's to like about them? :?

Scream is the blandest B&M in the world and Riddler's and Viper are both awful...
They all beat the Schwarzkopf though!

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster
I agree, Scream is just such an eyesore you just can't help but hate it. I mean it's like the equivalent of Storm Surge at Thorpe, it's a fun ride but just too ugly to consider it good.

(Oh and 100th post :--D )

Jake

Strata Poster
gavin said:
1. X2
2. Tatsu
3. Goliath (I don't know why it doesn't get a bit more love to be honest)
4. Apocalypse (Terminator at the time)
5. Scream

This.

Batman would probably be number 6.

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster
1. Tatsu (just so epic and a great example of a coaster with a definite plot line)
2. X2 (WTF: The Ride)
3. Goliath (sweet, sustained airtime, lateral hangtime and a helix so forceful I can barely keep my hands in the air)
4. Batman (I love everything about this layout, it has to be one of the better ones B & M ever made)
5. Apocalypse (Just a really solid ride with a winner first drop)

TilenB

Strata Poster
Mike said:
CookieCoasters said:
Mike said:

What's to like about them? :?

Scream is the blandest B&M in the world and Riddler's and Viper are both awful...
They all beat the Schwarzkopf though!

But still all of them are better than Superman: Escape from Krypton