East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
1. Thriller (before it was castrated) - German fair circuit
2. Olympia Looping - German fair circuit
3. Teststrecke - German fair circuit
4. Mingbender - Six Flags Over Georgia
5. Looping Achterbahn (same as Bullet at Flamingo Land) - German fair circuit

I have a feeling that Psyké Underground at Walibi Belgium might jump up in there somewhere in a few weeks. :wink:

Intricks

Strata Poster
1) Mindbender at SFoG
2) SooperDooperLooper
3) Laser Loop at Kennywood...although I barely remember it

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Jason Voorhees said:
^What about Magnum Force at La Feria in Mexico City?
It was only called Magnum Force at Flamingoland. It was called Montaña Infinitum at La Feria Chapultepec Magico until this season and is now called Montaña Triple Loop (Dwayne needs to update RCDB).
You asked for a Top 5 and the triple looper is probably my #6, followed by Alpina Bahn (German fair circuit), Colossus the Fire Dragon at Lagoon, Whizzer at Six Flags Great America and White Lightnin' that stood at Carowinds. So there's my Top 10. :wink:

Lofty

CF Legend
I've only rode four, I think;

1) Magnum Force.
2) Scorpion.
3) The Bullet.
4) Knightmare - Yes. It deserves to be THIS far away from everything else.

Nick P

Mega Poster
Jerry vs. Connor
priori-incantatem.jpg

Sorry, I just had to post it. That's the first thing that comes to mind when I see you two on the same topic.

As for this topic, I've only ridden two:
1) SooperDooperLooper
2) Laser @ Dorney

I liked SDL more due to its interaction with the terrain, Great Bear, Comet, and Skyrush. Laser didn't really do too much for me.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
1. Mindbender - SFoG
2. Superdooperlooper - Hershey
3. Revolution - SFMM
4. Lazer - Dorney Park
5. Silver Bullet - Frontier City

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
ECG said:
It was called Montaña Infinitum at La Feria Chapultepec Magico until this season and is now called Montaña Triple Loop (Dwayne needs to update RCDB).

Have you let him know? He's usually very good at fixing things like that very quickly, but he won't know unless someone tells him.

I've just had a quick trawl through RCDB to see what I've ridden, and it's not easy to come up with a top 5, despite having 20+ to choose from, as the majority of them are pretty ****.

1. Magnum Force - Loved it, but have to be fair and say that it was a long time ago and I "know better" by now.

2. The Bullet - See above. The first drop, after the backwards launch, at the back was really something special though.

3. Jetline - I think location and interaction has a lot to do with it. Yeah, it's basically S**temare, but for some reason a lot better.

4. Lisebergbanen - I don't rate it anywhere near as highly as many other people, but from the list I have it has to be in the top 5.

5. Looping Star (Nagashima Spaland) - A fun little coaster; nothing more, nothing less.

Worst "major" ones (so not including the little Jet Star family) are Superdooperlooper and Revolution, closely followed by Nessie, which as least had a bit of airtime. Classic can **** off when they're basically **** rides.

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
Mindbender
Revolution
Scorpion
Super Dooper Looper
Monteuma's Revenge

I think thats the only 5 I have been on. Maybe, I dont know I dont like them as much as most enthusiasts do.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
1. Lisebergbanen - love the coaster. It just ticks all my boxes. It's not a great coaster as such, but I just really enjoy it - great fun.

2. Bullet - lots of love for this shuttle looper. I like shuttle loops anyway and this was fab.

3. Magnum Force - good high G, but I wasn't totally blown away by it.

4. The rest I could take or leave ( I think I have about another 4 or so in my count) they're okay for a plus 1 box tick.

Knightmare may have made it if it wasn't for those awful high sided trains and seatbelts.

ignace

Mega Poster
1) Olympia Looping
2) Teststrecke
3) Looping Star (bobbejaanland)
4) Thunderloop (Slagharen)
5) Nessie Superrollercoaster

Turbine and Alpinia Bahn (and the one at schwaben) will be riden this summer, I hope to see them change my top 5. I love all his creations, except the one at Nigloland, which was nice but nothing special and a bit painfull.